Zipcar Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zipcar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview a week later. The interviewer was from human resources from Zipcar headquarters in Boston and lasted about twenty minutes. I was suppose to have a second interview and was briefly scheduled, but then a sudden delay happened and when I pressed them, they said that other candidates would be interviewed first. About two minutes of the interview was spent by the recruiter gushing over Zipcar is invested in the LGBT community and how they sponsor parades and it is a key marketing strategy for the company. I kept thinking, "Has he ever been to one of these parades?" "Does he think, I'm gay?" "Does he think everyone from San Francisco is gay?" I'm a local born in San Francisco and I grew up here, I don't understand why someone's sexuality is a marketing strategy. I also don't think it is a wise idea for corporations to spend marketing dollars on a parade where naked people do things in the street and I have to make sure my children are out of town for the weekend. I understand marketing strategy, branding, and how to run a fleet of rental cars, and I also understand hi-tech, etc... My perspective after this interview is that Zipcar (like many companies today) needs better leadership and direction.

Interview Questions

• Why Zipcar? What in your background ties in with this position?   Answer Question