Zoës Kitchen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.5

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen.

Interview

Very laid back mostly talked about the history of zoës and the overall atmosphere of the place. The people were friendly they seemed to love their job. Most were new but still seemed knowledgeable. Great interview great people felt very family oriented

Waitress, Hostess, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was called back a couple days later by the general manager. We scheduled an interview for a couple days later. It went well and he said that I would do a "working interview" (work for 1 hr) to see how I liked it, and then they would make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you went out of your way to do something nice for someone even though you didn't have to. (he kept emphasizing the importance of customer service/ people)   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone followed by a face to face and lastly working interview. The process was too long also. The area manager rescheduled once and was late once. Should have known to move on.

Host Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen.

Interview

The interview was very simple and short. Nothing difficult to prepare for. Casual and friendly. The manager conducted the interview and made me feel comfortable. Very easy going. Offered a job after a quick ten-fifteen minute interview. Told me when I would start training and sent me on my way.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when it was difficult, but you had to show leadership skills   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen.

Interview

They had a "Now Hiring" sign on the front door, and since I loved eating there anyway, I figured I would submit an application. I made sure to talk to the manager IN PERSON and submit an online application. They called me a couple of days later. I was surprised how incredibly easy the interview was, especially since I had no work experience before this. It hardly even felt like an interview. I think they were pretty desperate for a part time employee at the time. However, immediately after the manager offered me a job, I had to work for a couple of hours so they could watch how I served people. It was a little intimidating to immediately start waitressing but it ended up being fun.

Interview Questions

• I guess be prepared for the typical "What does good customer service mean to you?" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not even attempt to negotiate since this was my first job ever.

Host Cashier Interview

Interview

I knew a guy who already worked at Zoe's so he referred me to the manager. It was super easy, the manager just looked at my resume, decided that I had enough customer service experience and gave the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The Manager offered $7.50 and I accepted/

Host/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen in October 2014.

Interview

Go in and apply and they will sit down and talk with you. Just be yourself, be honest, and smile. If they are interested they will set up a working interview. You will come in and start working to see if management and yourself like the position. Based off of that, they will or will not hire you.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Lengthy Interview and Hiring Process: 1) Initial contact by recruiter (phone interview) 2) Submission of Full Application 3) Go into store for Interview with District Manager 4) Go into store for "Working Interview" 5) Go through a lengthy online personality test and business experience test. 6) Job Offer Is Made of accepted, contract signed online, and documents are submitted. 7) A few weeks later, training process starts: 8) One week of Host Cashier Training, two weeks of prep cook/chef training, two weeks of management training. 9) After 5 weeks of training, you are assigned to a store and finally start in your normal job.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to answer numerous situation questions about your management style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate many things, but was denied on every one. Very hard to negotiate with this company on anything including salary, vacation, and other benefits.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Fayetteville, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

During the process of the interviews; I meet with the stores GM, then Regional, and had a phone interview with the Area Catering Manager. The course of the interviews were over a 2 week period at the longest.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen.

Interview

Very good interview. Easy to talk to, down to earth and very honest. Testing was standard and simple. Got an offer within 2-3 days of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. I gave a number and they accepted.