ZocDoc Business Origination Associate Interview Questions

2.8

Business Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

Recruiter called me to go over the position and find out basics of my sales experience.Scheduled a video interview later that week. After missing that appointment, we rescheduled for the week after, which he missed as well. When we connected via Skype, he repeated the company spiel and stumbled around his list of questions. There is one week of training provided. Recruiter strongly suggested I "just visit" NY to get to know the company more. Base salary of 30k+ commission. "Goal" is 50k, but they expect you will be promoted before you ever reach that. Personally, the Glassdoor reviews and my experience with recruiter were enough to dismiss the company for more appealing entry level sales positions.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult, but determine fit for their company. - Rank these in order of importance: Making money, company growth, interacting with clients, and having a challenging workplace. - Have you had experience working with difficult people?   Answer Question

The reviews on Glassdoor

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews with recruiter then one at the office

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you don't hit your target numbers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It took about 2 round of interviews. First interview, you will meet with the recruiter and he or she will give you a tour of the premises. It will last about 30 minutes. Next interview, I met with 2 team members, and that lasted less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself... be prepared to make yourself sound fascinating.   Answer Question

Business Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

Recent college grad looking who heard about this job through a friend. The office in soho is very impressive and start-upy...beanbag chairs, employees dressed super casual, catering everyday...the works. I was given a tour by a recruiter and it seemed like he was really trying to get me excited and sell the job. The first interview was really just explaining my resume to a manager and telling him why I wanted to be in sales. They scheduled a second interview for a week later, where I spent 3 hours at the office. After I spoke with one manager he asked me if I would mind coming back in an hour or two to speak with someone else. Obviously at that point I thought I had the job. Some questions I was asked were how do you like working in a team, why I wanted to be in sales, how I handle working under pressure...etc. Very repetitive. At the end of the interview they even gave me a potential start date and told me to clear my schedule. Well, a few days later I got a generic thanks but no thanks email.

Interview Questions

• Specifically how did you contribute to a company or organization's success   Answer Question

Business Origination Associate Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, talked for about 15 minutes and then invited me in for the next set of interviews. Met with two people, both managers. Their questions were good, asked about background and what exactly attracted me to the company. Two days later I got an email saying to come in for the final round of interviews. This was more about my previous experience and how that could relate to this position, why I wanted to pursue a career here, etc. I thought it went well, and felt good coming out of it but they decided to move forward.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Got got called into the office for an interview through a recruiter I was working with. Met with one person who asked me pretty simple behavioral questions. I gave what I thought were good answers. I then received an email a few days later saying I was not a good fit for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

2 Interviews. 1st was with a sales director via Skype. General questions (what do you know about this, that, etc.). Was told later that a question in that interview decided whether or not people moved on: Do you like to win, or hate to lose? (Hate to lose was the answer they preferred). 2nd interview was in person with a sales manager. More interpersonal. Laid out the job description. To be fair, they didn't try to hide how difficult the position was. However, they were misleading when it came to growth potential, compensation, etc.

Interview Questions

• It was along time ago. I never had a job that was all cold calling, so I'm sure it revolved around that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward

Business Origination Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview followed by three separate in-person interviews. Last interview was with manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

First had an initial interview that was very brief. Lasted 15 minutes where I explained my resume and interest in the company. Next had a 30 minute Skype interview which went very well and both recruiters seemed to be impressed with my resume. Received a call later that day informing me they would pay for my transportation into the city and they bought me a train ticket to come in for a final interview. Final interview went well and all recruiters and managers seemed to be fond of me. I thought I had nailed the interview as I was prepared for every question with strong answers. First interviewer was great and we seemed to vibe very well. The second interviewer had a negative and more serious attitude. It seemed no matter what my responses where I would never receive his approval.... I asked about his projections for the financial growth of the company within the next few years. He responded saying "it was a bad question and he thinks about it less than 1% of the time". I thought that was a pretty valid question... I left the office and the recruiters told me I would hear back by Friday and seemed very positive about an offer. I then received a generic email that told me I hadn't gotten the job a couple days later. Overall, most of the recruiters I spoke with were very nice. However, after reading the reviews of the BOA position on here I'm almost happy I will be trying my luck somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• I had prepared myself pretty well for this interview by researching the company in depth. Asked questions such as: How would you change the website, Why do you want to be rejected on a daily basis as a cold caller, Why live in New York City etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who then called me for a phone screen. After that, he said OK great come in for an interview in our office. I went in, and met with that recruiter and another recruiter. The first recruiter was very nice, laid back, and friendly. The second recruiter was very unprofessional, yawned multiple times during the interview, seemed as if he listened to nothing I had said, and spent a portion of time looking around the room for a pen that he clearly didn't care enough to bring. That almost turned me off completely there, but the office was cool and I need a job. I was called in for the second round, and I met with 2 Business Origination Managers and the Director of Sales. These interviews went great, we all got along very well, had a great conversation with them, and felt I nailed every question asked of me. The recruiter said he would let me know the outcome ASAP, and asked when I could start. He said potentially I could start Monday, and so I went home excited to hear back. After a few days I hadn't heard anything, so I emailed the recruiter (it was Friday). He didn't answer, but about 4 hours later, I received a generic corporate email saying thanks for your interest, but we decided to go with someone else. I tried to follow up with the recruiter, and he said they don't tell him anything, and good luck in my career. Overall I really liked the recruiter, and the people in the office seemed very personable, but as many others have noted...the rejection seemed fairly arbitrary, and I was not given any viable reason for it. Perhaps my experience wasn't a perfect match? Either way, based on many of the other reviews on Glassdoor, it's hard to say whether it would have been a good thing or a bad thing to get a job there. Since I had a similar experience as other people with the uninterested recruiter interview, the other reviews stating incompetent sales training and quick turnover had me worried. Guess I'll never know!

Interview Questions

• In the past 12 months, what feedback and critique have you received that was difficult to take?   Answer Question
    • If you had to learn to skateboard within a week, what would your exact approach be to make sure you were successful?   Answer Question