ZocDoc

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in November 2014.

Recruiter contacted me through Linkedin and set up a phone interview for 30 mins. Was then called in for an in person interview. After reading a lot of negating things from employees about their experiences working there, I was choosing to remain optimistic because the money sounded so promising if you made the cut.

When I arrived, I was made to wait about 30 mins for my scheduled interview. The recruiter came to get me as he was saying goodbye to a previous candidate. He quickly rushed me into a room where I sat down with the head recruiter for sales who quickly fired a bunch of questions at me and I could tell he was barely even listening to my responses. After that, I was given a very quick tour of the office, very rushed, and then ushered out the door. Was told they would let me know either way by the next day at the latest, and about a week and a half later I received an automated email from no one in particular, that my application has been rejected.

Not sure I would have cared as much if I had not been looking for another job and so enthusiastically wooed by the recruiter.

Bottom line is, these people do not care about you. In retrospect, I'm really glad I didn't get it because this company is just a high level sweatshop.

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in July 2014.

I was contacted by an in-house recruiter to interview for the inside sales executive position. Although I live in New Jersey, asked me to come in to the NY office for the first round interview. I made the 2 hr drive into the city for the 30 min interview with a "staffing leader", spending money on tolls and parking and gas on the way. A few days later, when I received a rejection email, I contacted the recruiter again to ask what went wrong. He responded unapologetically by saying that only 1% of interviewees are ever advanced. I'd like to know why Zocdoc is so inconsiderate as to make its applicants trek into its city offices while knowing that only 1% will advance to the next round. If you're contacted by a Zocdoc recruiter, ignore him/her. Don't waste your time.

On a side note, after the interview, I was given a tour of the Zocdoc offices. They occupy two floors, the 8th and 9th floors. The 9th floor is where the programmers, HR, and executive staff are. It is pretty wide open with a nice lounge/dining area, although the primary-colored, miniature-sized furnishings like the chairs and tables and couches and stuffed animals reminded me of elementary school. Downstairs on the 8th floor is where the salesforce works. The 8th floor working area is considerably less appealing in terms of furnishing and overall cleanliness. It's cram packed with cubicles and sales reps are basically working elbow to elbow. Sales managers were pacing the floor and leaning over the shoulders of sales reps, eavesdropping on them. The salesforce seemed pretty young, like college aged. Wall monitors showed up to the minute sales figures, highlighting the highest performers by name. Nonetheless, the sales reps did not look "excited"; rather, they seemed sullen and worn down. Besides the somber mood in the sales area, as I was led around, I noticed that the floor carpet is pretty disgusting and looks like it is 100 years old. Definitely not an environment I would want to work in. Seemed more like a sweatshop call center that the owners will outsource to India in a few years once they reach their goal of Zocdoc going from its current "40%" of the market to "100%" of the market.

By the way, the recruiter refused to answer my questions about how many sales reps are meeting quota, whether the company is profitable, and how many customers they currently have, saying that "we don't release that information". That should raise a red flag with you if you are an applicant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc.

2 interviews. The first was an introduction and tour of the building with a recruiter followed by an interview with a second recruiter. The second interview was with another recruiter followed by two members of the sales team. They went over my resume and experience and asked mostly behavioral questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm an 18 year old senior in high school looking for a college to attend. Sell me the school you went to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc.

I was contacted through the sales recruiters linkedin account to schedule a phone interview. She asked my availability for the upcoming week and she promptly responded with a corresponding date and time to talk on the phone. We spoke on the arranged date for about fifteen minutes mostly about my past job history and how I could help the company as a sales executive. The interview ended and she said I would be contacted in 24-48 hours on a decision if I was going to be asked to come in for the second round interview. They contacted me two days later saying that they wanted someone with more sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get past the gatekeeper to arrange a meeting with the head doctor to speak about ZocDoc?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in April 2014.

I emailed zocdoc responding to an ad on craigslist. After initial rounds of emails a phone interview was setup and I spoke to the recruiter about general work experience information. A second interview was set up at their ny office. Met with a recruiting coordinator and showed me around the first floor, asked some basic questions about their mascots and the life story of their founder. Not sure why that was important but good thing I read through their info. Was put in one of 5 "interview room" booths (turnover much?) Waited about 10 min before a new person hurriedly came in and standard questions were asked. Seemed annoyed that he had to be doing his job and went rather quickly. Did I have all the skill sets of a sales executive, yes. Did I have the experience, yes. Did I fit their mold, still waiting on the phone call back.. It's been a couple days.

Interview Questions
    • What was my previous job and position.. Must be a trick question, because I think its on the resume.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in March 2014.

Contrary to some other reviews I've read about the interview process, mine was quick, painless, and actually very pleasant. I was first contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, and after a few correspondences back and forth we set up a date for a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't too long, roughly 25 minutes, and the questions were extremely straight forward. After the speaking on the phone, I was offered to come in and check out the office, which I scheduled for the next day since I live in NYC. Upon arriving, my recruiter came and gave me a tour of the place, which was great, and introduced me to some great people. I then met with a second recruiter who sat down with me and we had a 30 minute conversation. He was very upfront with me; resumes at ZocDoc hold relatively little importance. They look for smart people that have the intrinsic capabilities and the necessary skill set to excel within the position. I then met with a manager 4 days later for a similar session, which was also just as smooth as the previous two.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at ZocDoc in May 2013.

trained in, put in a glass room on display, interviewed by 1 manager for 15 minutes...then 2 other managers came in and put a watch down and kept checking the time...asking me about what I do for 15 minutes...then left

Interview Questions
    • 1st question after intro...give me your pitch for zocdoc?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc in February 2013.

Got contacted by a recruiter, discussed my qualifications and was asked to come into NYC for an in person interview. Met with two people, the last one being a total jerk. Was rude and condensending when discussing the position and potential career growth. Acted very high and mighty when he was nothing but a glorified recruiter. He actually turned me off from the whole company and after thinking about the position, even if I am offered the job or a chance to come back in again I will more then likely decline.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in a heavy cold calling sales position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in February 2013.

applied online - heard back right away - went in for interview - HR guy was a great dude - supposedly hiring manager was in a "meeting" - heard back a wk later that i didn't get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ZocDoc in October 2012.

I reached out to a recruiter because my experience matched almost exactly what they were looking for. They called me in to interview. I met with an inside sales manager and two inside sales executives. They all basically asked me the same thing so it was like having the same conversation with 3 different people. The whole process probably took about 90 minutes. And I'm waiting to hear back this week.

There were A LOT of interviewees in attendance, however ZocDoc only hires 1% of their applicants. This is a good thing because this company does have the idea to go really big they just need the right sales force to lead the way.