ZocDoc Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Provider Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZocDoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Great experience! I was contacted via phone by a recruiter in the NYC office. He asked me a few questions and then I was scheduled for a face to face in the Scottsdale Office. While there, I interviewed with 2 gals face to face and then 2 others via Skype. Wonderful atmosphere! Now I just wait for their decision....

Interview Questions

• Why ZocDoc? Make sure to review all questions they may ask! I felt extremely prepared and I think they were quite impressed! Oh, and make sure to have solid questions for them!   Answer Question

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

It's clear that the sales recruiters are required to hit stringent hiring quotas. While my recruiter was personable and did a great job following up with me, the process at large was very high-pressure - meet with someone NOW. Sign an offer letter NOW. NOW NOW NOW. It was a company I was very excited to join, but that was a big red flag for me which has been backed up by my current experiences on the sales floor (i.e. the recruiting process was a very good indicator of the work environment) I'm leaving this review now because at the time I interviewed, there were great reviews on Glassdoor for the company so I figured I would give it a shot - I wanted to share the type of information I've since learned from being here.

Interview Questions

• Popular question: What is one common misconception people have about you?   1 Answer

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from a ZocDoc's recruiter. He asked me several questions about myself and my experience. He was very nice and the interview was pretty easy. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in your College   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZocDoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and was very excited about possibly working for this company. I interview over the phone with the recruiter and he said I would be an excellent fit for the position. From there, I had an in person interview that consisted of two individual interviews with a team lead and a manager. I felt that I connected well with both of them. I was disappointed to find out that I did not get the position. I received a template email saying that I did not receive an offer. I would have liked to have more feedback and specificity as to why I did not get the position. I still think this is an excellent company and will keep them on my radar for future career options.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you do outside of work that causes you to lose track of time?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying to to the ridiculous application cover letter (6th grade analytical writing exercise) I received an email to set up a phone interview. Recruiter was nice didn't ask hard questions at all mainly customer service focused. Then I was scheduled for an inperson interview. This is where it went down hill for me. Receptionist was rude and it had a real soho (ironically it's in soho) feel to it (Pretentious trust fund kids type of environment). Finally I was escorted to a walk in closet where I was to conduct a Skype interview. (Not a fan) the person I spoke to did not look professional. Looked like he belonged at Union square park. While I spoke he was clicking away on another computer I assume. He asked certain technical questions about my previous job that I couldn't disclose due to Non-disclosure agreement I was held by. After his attempt a few time i gave him false info to shut him up. Apparently he didn't understand that even though he worked for a tech company as well. He asked really hard questions that I wouldn't expect at a Goldman Sachs interview. They had nothing to do with the position and were rather personal and I made up answers to keep it going. After they brought 2 other people to interview me one did not make eye contact at all. While the other was socially awkward and looked like the type who would sit in a corner at a social gathering. One of them mistook my volunteer experience for work experience meanwhile it stated clearly that I was a volunteer. I didn't want to make the person feel stupid and went along with it. Then they asked if I had any questions. I didnt because I had already asked them during the first interview. So I asked again so they wouldn't feel any less special. I was walked out by an emo who didn't know how to smile. Just because we are looking for work doesn't mean you treat us like cattle. I declined their offer and I'm currently working with a competitor that hasn't launched yet and it's a lot better enviroment. Their loss now I'll put my skills to work with the competition. I never a heard a response back not that I care but I feel like its a slap in the face when companies don't do it. They will regret it when their competition is public. ;) Tips if you still want to apply. Its a customer service job over the phone. Pretty much same as an American Express call center. BTW pay is anywhere between $40,000-$45,000 depending on your experience. Don't take anything less than $40k as they would be low balling you.

Interview Questions

• Why ZocDoc? Why should we hire you? Tell me a time you turned a bad experience into a good one? be careful as to create questions for them. Don't give them material thats their job. Asked me technical questions about my last job that I couldn't answer due to a NDA.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

I spoke to 2 different recruiters via phone before an in-person meeting was scheduled with another recruiter. I then received an email from another recruiter to schedule meeting with 2 people from the sales team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked really hard for something and failed.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and they scheduled the interview quickly. On the interview day, the interviewer was kind and asked me several questions. From the questions, I can sense the interviewers is not good at marketing but finance. Therefore, all the questions involve around the finance. Interesting.

Sales Operations and Strategy Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Had first round phone screen with the recruiter. It was more intense than most phone screens. Had next round in the office with three to four people on the team. Those were the usual behavioral and fit questions. Then at the end I spoke with the HR person again about compensation expectations, timing, and other logistics.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand how our business model works and can you explain it in detail?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 mins phone call with one of the Finance Managers. The lady was 15 mins late per scheduled time. The conversation was quick and it didn't seem that they put proper people to have the call but last minute decision of sending someone from the team to do it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to look for opportunities outside of your current company? 2. What's your leadership style?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

About 5 minutes before the phone interview, I received an email stating that interview would need to be rescheduled. I told the recruiter that this was fine and confirmed a time. Waited 11 days. Recruiter finally responded saying he was out of town and wanted to reschedule. Unimpressed with the way things went, I passed.