ZocDoc Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Business Origination Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc in August 2013.

2 Interviews. 1st was with a sales director via Skype. General questions (what do you know about this, that, etc.). Was told later that a question in that interview decided whether or not people moved on: Do you like to win, or hate to lose? (Hate to lose was the answer they preferred).

2nd interview was in person with a sales manager. More interpersonal. Laid out the job description. To be fair, they didn't try to hide how difficult the position was. However, they were misleading when it came to growth potential, compensation, etc.

Interview Questions
    • It was along time ago. I never had a job that was all cold calling, so I'm sure it revolved around that.   Answer Question
    Straightforward

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc in October 2013.

The interview process is very casual and the general environment in the workplace is very positive and "start-uppy". You get an extensive amount of one to one with the interviewer but a nice tour of the office space as well. Furthermore, the people working there seem very happy and free lunch everyday is a highly emphasized perk.

Interview Questions
    • There were definitely some out of the box questions such as what my favorite book was and how I used the lesson that I learned from the book in my daily life.   Answer Question

Business Origination Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc.

Recruiter called me to go over the position and find out basics of my sales experience.Scheduled a video interview later that week. After missing that appointment, we rescheduled for the week after, which he missed as well. When we connected via Skype, he repeated the company spiel and stumbled around his list of questions. There is one week of training provided. Recruiter strongly suggested I "just visit" NY to get to know the company more. Base salary of 30k+ commission. "Goal" is 50k, but they expect you will be promoted before you ever reach that.
    Personally, the Glassdoor reviews and my experience with recruiter were enough to dismiss the company for more appealing entry level sales positions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not difficult, but determine fit for their company.
      - Rank these in order of importance: Making money, company growth, interacting with clients, and having a challenging workplace.
      - Have you had experience working with difficult people?
        Answer Question

The reviews on Glassdoor

Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview entailed a mock scenario to pitch ZocDoc to prospective client. Good interview model for demonstrating abilities and commitment to researching organizations. Substantial time commitment to do a good job is needed and they will ask for (repeatedly) and keep the presentation (i.e., free consulting work).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc in May 2014.

Met some great people at a job fair, answered some quick array/hash questions on the spot, gave my resume, & got a call/email next week. Skype Interview scheduled via email. Interviewer was very nice, smiling & polite & we went through a technical question together. Didn't move on, but overall positive experience for my first technical interview.

Sales and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc.

Applied online, had a phone screen, followed by Skype interview, and then in-office interview with 4 team members. The phone screen was primarily to ensure some familiarity with the company and then brief resume review. The Skype interview was oriented toward interest in the role, prior experience, and thinking through potential new opportunities for ZocDoc. The in person interviews had a case element to them - walking through the types of questions people on the team might face, but not a traditional consulting case. In person questions also focused on traditional questions around prior experiences.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc in February 2014.

five interviews for a telemarketer ya 5, by people who have zero sales experience. Phone interview by a recruiter who had no idea what i was talking about from a real estate background. Four face to face interviews by so called sales managers "HR people" who had no idea about any basic real estate sales experience i was explaining to them. I Ignored the other comments on this site befor heading in but the negative is all true. straight up boiler room call center. No one has worked here for more than two months managers, caller, or recruiters. Im going to use this job tho get another.

Interview Questions
    • if you were fired six months from now why would that be. what a way to attract talent . wow wow   View Answer
    • what do you expect of your managers?   View Answers (2)
    they lie offer starts at 50k then every sub interview goes down by 10k eventually landing on 25k. so 50k, 40k, 30k, 25k plus commission of course

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc in April 2014.

I was reached out to by a recruiter over linkedIn. After a brief email conversation, the recruiter and I planned a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long. It seemed more like a casual conversation than an interview, by the end of it I felt very confident. After the phone interview we scheduled a time for me to come in person to meet the team about a week later.
    I arrived about 15 minutes early to the interview and ended up waiting an addition 15, but not a big deal. The recruiter was the first person I met with. This lasted about 30 minutes, then he sent me up with a Skype interview with the operational manager in the New York office which lasted about 45 minutes. I then had another in-person interview that lasted an additional 45 minutes and finished it off with one final 45 minute Skype interview with an operations director in a different Scottsdale office. All 4 interviews seemed to go smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty standard although there was a lot of focus on my GPA. It's not a 4.0 but I'm still proud of my 3.7. The focus on "why is it not a 4.0?" seemed a little irrelevant.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ZocDoc in April 2014.

I emailed zocdoc responding to an ad on craigslist. After initial rounds of emails a phone interview was setup and I spoke to the recruiter about general work experience information. A second interview was set up at their ny office. Met with a recruiting coordinator and showed me around the first floor, asked some basic questions about their mascots and the life story of their founder. Not sure why that was important but good thing I read through their info. Was put in one of 5 "interview room" booths (turnover much?) Waited about 10 min before a new person hurriedly came in and standard questions were asked. Seemed annoyed that he had to be doing his job and went rather quickly. Did I have all the skill sets of a sales executive, yes. Did I have the experience, yes. Did I fit their mold, still waiting on the phone call back.. It's been a couple days.

Interview Questions
    • What was my previous job and position.. Must be a trick question, because I think its on the resume.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ZocDoc.

A recruiter reached out to me for an interview. I hesitated initially but decided to give them a chance. It started with a phone screen and being asked a technical puzzle. I aced that and was brought in for a full day of onsite interviews which led to an offer immediately after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Phone screen technical question was probably the most toughest.   Answer Question
    Spent some time pushing hard for the numbers I wanted and was ultimately able to walk away with something I was happy with.