ZocDoc Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at ZocDoc.

I emailed them showing interest in zocdoc. After initial rounds of emails interview was setup at their ny office. Standard questions were asked. However, quite a few test questions were asked and if you do not happen to remember those specific things then you will do bad

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZocDoc.

2 interviews. The first was an introduction and tour of the building with a recruiter followed by an interview with a second recruiter. The second interview was with another recruiter followed by two members of the sales team. They went over my resume and experience and asked mostly behavioral questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm an 18 year old senior in high school looking for a college to attend. Sell me the school you went to.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc in March 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter after sending my resume through a friend. The recruiter was very nice and we scheduled a Skype interview with an engineer the following week.

The Skype interview went really good. I was interviewed by 2 very nice engineers from the ZocDoc team. we used a shared document for the coding and I was able to quickly solve the problem. Later I was invited by the recruiter to onsite interviews day.

The onsite interviews started OK. They put me in a very small room with a white board/wall to work on the problems.

First Interview: First interview was with two young engineers. started with simple Palindrome recognition problem, then I was asked to write a function that separate a String to an acceptable collection of palindromes and return the number of least splits necessary for that.

Second Interview: Second interview was terrible. I met with one of the team leaders. This guy was very very arrogant. He didn't seem to want to be there at all. He did not seem to care what I am saying while talking about my experience & background (Nor that he care to introduce himself). He gave me a very vague and unclear "problem" to design a cache. He didn't care to explain when I had questions. I was able to figure out what he wanted and implemented the required class (details below). During that time I was trying to make a conversation with him about the design and my thoughts but he did not care at all and kept looking at his cell phone. At the end he gave me an option to ask him some questions. I asked him about his role and what his team is working on. He seemed like he just wanted to go out of the room. so obviously I didn't feel like asking any other question that I have... this interview was over 30 min earlier. I had to sit and wait for 25 min for the recruiter to accidentally walk by the room and see that I'm not in an interview. Overall feeling from that interview was VERY BAD. probably killed the entire process.

The recruiter came and told me I'm dove for the day. when I asked him if I'm not supposed to have another interview (I was told it's going to be 3) he said "No, you already met 3 people". I would just prefer a straight answer then. Then the recruiter showed me around the office which seems very very crowded. the engineering teams seems like they are sitting on top of each other (but Hey lets put 6 screens for each because it's cool!)

2 days later I got an email that I will not be moving FW with the process.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I would have taken the offer anyway. specially if I was supposed to work with that team leader.

Interview Questions
    • You have 2 Lists of colors. implement a function that print the colors in the second list by their order in the first. ignore other colors. print duplicates.   View Answer
    • 1. Function to detect a Palindrome.
      2. Function to return the minimum splits in order to make a string collection of Palindrome

Ex: (abaa) -> aba | a
        View Answer
    • Design a cache that holds stock prices up to certain time (for ex. 1 hour) then go fetch from the API (stock exchange).
      Second part - What if we have limited space.
        View Answer

Business Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc in September 2013.

After an initial phone interview I was called in to talk to 6-7 members across teams at ZocDoc. They all seemed pleasant and friendly, but I knew from talking to others than their interview process is pretty intense. Not all the interviews were technical and most involved walking through experiences where you demonstrate some skill or ability. Pretty standard.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at ZocDoc in March 2014.

first schedule, then a skype interview around 30 minutes

Interview Questions

You should be comfortable with programing as you having a video chat.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZocDoc in March 2014.

My interview was a pretty unpleasant experience. I arrived on time, and waited for my Skype interview to start for about 8 minutes. When he did call in, he asked why we were starting late and if I was late. When I explained that I had been there since 12, he expressed skepticism and implied that I was actually late, which I resented. Also, no one had my updated resume which I had sent the week before, but luckily I brought an extra 4 copies. Of course, the interviewer over Skype wasn't able to get my updated resume, but he implied that this was my fault. I waited at least 5 minutes between each person, to the point that the woman cleaning the cafeteria came into the room to ask if I was okay or needed anything. The whole interview was so disorganized, the last interviewer came in and asked if he was the first person to interview me, when he had been the 3rd. The questions were also, I think, inappropriate and ultimately not helpful.

Interview Questions
    • If your current company offered you a job right now, would you take it? (twice)   View Answer

After my interview, I had actually decided I wouldn't take the position even if it was offered, as an interview process like this one does not demonstrate an environment I would want to be in everyday. I'm writing this before I've even heard from them, that's how strongly I feel about this company.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at ZocDoc in March 2014.

Phone screen only. Told me multiple times they would be submitting my background for review.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ZocDoc.

I was contacted through the sales recruiters linkedin account to schedule a phone interview. She asked my availability for the upcoming week and she promptly responded with a corresponding date and time to talk on the phone. We spoke on the arranged date for about fifteen minutes mostly about my past job history and how I could help the company as a sales executive. The interview ended and she said I would be contacted in 24-48 hours on a decision if I was going to be asked to come in for the second round interview. They contacted me two days later saying that they wanted someone with more sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get past the gatekeeper to arrange a meeting with the head doctor to speak about ZocDoc?   View Answer

Corporate Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZocDoc.

I had two phone interviews for a position that I found through a recruiter. The phone interview was with the person who would be my manager and the second was with some junior person in an unrelated function.

Interview Questions
    • The first interviewer was playing games and pretending like he didn't know obvious facts about the business- for what purpose I don't know. The second interviewer clearly had no discretion to make a decision to hire me. Not a good use of my time.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ZocDoc in March 2014.

I was actually contacted by a recruiter from ZocDoc. I never applied for a position with this company. I went for it because I was actually in the job market at the time. It was a waste of my time. I ended up going thru four interviews, only to find out they were not really interested in hiring qualified people, and only offering menial pay. With ZocDoc being a NYC based company - it's obvious that they're looking to cash in on the cheap labor market in AZ.

Interview Questions
    • During my interview process I was asked multiple times about my GPA in college. This is a question that I have NEVER been asked in a job interview - not even while interviewing for Apple. Is it really that relevant? I graduated. That should be enough for a company that barely has their name on the map. If you're interviewing for this company, I wish you luck. They are, unfortunately, full of themselves.   Answer Question