ZocDoc

Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.9

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in May 2014.

I wasn't contacted until almost 3 months after submitting my application, when I was emailed and asked about my availability for a phone screening, which we did the following week. I was immediately asked to send my availability for an in-person interview and scheduled that for early the next week. After being told I would meet with 2 people in fairly quick succession, it ended up being 4 people; two back to back 30 minute interviews, each with 2 people. Everything ran like clockwork. The next day, I was contacted and asked to come in for a final interview with higher ups. Again, I ended up meeting with more people than expected - this time 4 instead of 3, and all individually. A lot of the questions were really repetitive by this point, and the last person I was set to meet ran almost 30 minutes late. I'm not sure why the same thing couldn't have been accomplished by a panel interview.

All in all, the questions weren't difficult. Especially after hearing the same questions a few times, I had my answers down pat. Everyone was very friendly and approachable, the scheduling process was easy, and I really appreciated how communicative everyone was throughout the process. I was never left hanging or wondering what the next step was or whether I was still being considered, and it was refreshing after a year of job searching and oftentimes never hearing anything at all after an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things you disliked about your last position?   Answer Question
    N/A. Starting salary was non negotiable. I only negotiated start date based on leaving my current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in May 2014.

Lots of technical questions. First at a job fair, then a phone interview, then a 3 hour on-site interview, and finally one last tech question with the CTO. The last hour of my 3 hour on-site interview was behavioral interview with a senior engineer, and I think my answers weren't that confident. I got rejected a day after my interview with the CTO.

Like others said, the office is very cramped. Seems to have a frat-style culture - literally every developer is male. On-site, the first two engineers I met were really nice. The senior engineer and the CTO were rather unfriendly; in particular, the CTO didn't smile at all, and stared at my hand the entire time I was working through his programming question on a whiteboard.

The recruiters are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. It seems like "sort a list based on the order of another list" is a very popular question there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in May 2014.

Met some great people at a job fair, answered some quick array/hash questions on the spot, gave my resume, & got a call/email next week. Skype Interview scheduled via email. Interviewer was very nice, smiling & polite & we went through a technical question together. Didn't move on, but overall positive experience for my first technical interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc.

A recruiter reached out to me for an interview. I hesitated initially but decided to give them a chance. It started with a phone screen and being asked a technical puzzle. I aced that and was brought in for a full day of onsite interviews which led to an offer immediately after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Phone screen technical question was probably the most toughest.   Answer Question
    Spent some time pushing hard for the numbers I wanted and was ultimately able to walk away with something I was happy with.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in May 2014.

Applied online, had a phone screening followed by Skype interview. The phone screen was primarily to ensure some familiarity with the company and then brief resume review. The Skype interview was more toward my current experience, job profile, roles and responsibilities, day to day stuff. Lot of team management questions, how do i manage tough team members, why should we hire you, why u want to change, what u don't like about current job. After these questions, technical questions started. They ranged from Array's to linked list to Btree. Time complexity in various scenarios of these data structures. Case based question was put in. It was interesting experience. If you know Data structures and algorithms, it would be piece of cake.

Interview Questions
    • It's not difficult but How will you reduce time complexity of finding duplicates in linked list? How will you implement a new sorting algorithm which is never written earlier?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter quite a long time after submitting my resume. Had a 15 minute phone call with the recruiter followed by a 30 minute Skype interview with an engineer. The interview questions were basic and expected. The engineer however clearly did not want to be there and acted very disinterested from the start.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at ZocDoc.

I emailed them showing interest in zocdoc. After initial rounds of emails interview was setup at their ny office. Standard questions were asked. However, quite a few test questions were asked and if you do not happen to remember those specific things then you will do bad

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc.

2 interviews. The first was an introduction and tour of the building with a recruiter followed by an interview with a second recruiter. The second interview was with another recruiter followed by two members of the sales team. They went over my resume and experience and asked mostly behavioral questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm an 18 year old senior in high school looking for a college to attend. Sell me the school you went to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc.

I was contacted through the sales recruiters linkedin account to schedule a phone interview. She asked my availability for the upcoming week and she promptly responded with a corresponding date and time to talk on the phone. We spoke on the arranged date for about fifteen minutes mostly about my past job history and how I could help the company as a sales executive. The interview ended and she said I would be contacted in 24-48 hours on a decision if I was going to be asked to come in for the second round interview. They contacted me two days later saying that they wanted someone with more sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get past the gatekeeper to arrange a meeting with the head doctor to speak about ZocDoc?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in April 2014.

I emailed zocdoc responding to an ad on craigslist. After initial rounds of emails a phone interview was setup and I spoke to the recruiter about general work experience information. A second interview was set up at their ny office. Met with a recruiting coordinator and showed me around the first floor, asked some basic questions about their mascots and the life story of their founder. Not sure why that was important but good thing I read through their info. Was put in one of 5 "interview room" booths (turnover much?) Waited about 10 min before a new person hurriedly came in and standard questions were asked. Seemed annoyed that he had to be doing his job and went rather quickly. Did I have all the skill sets of a sales executive, yes. Did I have the experience, yes. Did I fit their mold, still waiting on the phone call back.. It's been a couple days.

Interview Questions
    • What was my previous job and position.. Must be a trick question, because I think its on the resume.   View Answer