ZocDoc

ZocDoc OUTSIDE SALES Interview Questions

2.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Pretty easy interview process. Just prove you can close for the business.

Interview Questions
High pressure the accept the deal with little time to think about it.

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in May 2012.

They will fly you to new York before you talk to a manager. Then you meet a director of sales, who lies to you and does not even care. The CEO said to his company that they could buy Aetna!? This is so errogant... Overall they do not care what they look like in the public's eye. I spoke to one of the sales people, and he said most sales people are looking for better jobs, and he lead the practice success team.

Interview Questions

They are not a serious company, and they won't tell employees what the finances of the company are. June was the worst month in company history. Bad VP and Director of Sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in January 2012.

Initially, about a month and a half to two months ago, I was contacted by ZocDoc by email twice by an inside "recruiter". She said she was "impressed" by my credentials and wanted to speak with me. I responded to the second email and to my surprise, never heard back. A few days ago, I was contacted by another "recruiter" from ZocDoc by phone, saying HE was also, impressed by my resume and wanted to set up a skype interview the following business day with a manager, if I was interested. Next thing I know, I was being emailed an assessment test (that he never even warned me about) that had to be completed within 48 hours. I just thought the whole thing just seemed a bit unusual...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in January 2012.

All I can say is this is an odd process...
    You start out with a phone screen with a recruiter who I found to be slightly brash and she talked over me a lot. She makes this interview process sound like it's terribly hard and almost scares you about the process and/or the job.
    From there you talk to another recruiter over skype... I think this recruiter might have been in another country/city other than NYC. During my interview, the first 10-15 minutes she had a bad connection on her internet which caused a delay and we couldn't understand each other. She finally fixed it and and from there out it was fine. The next 15 minutes all she did was ask me questions about my resume & income. Then asked what questions I had but told me she was short on time. I asked her a few questions but she seemed as though she needed to get off the phone. I asked for the job multiple times and closed her, I also asked her what would hold her back from hiring me...all the right questions.
    I was then sent the personality/IQ test... they make it seem like it's super hard. The first part is easy. Then you get into the algebra and SAT type questions. The algebra was easy, the other stuff was hard. I'm not really sure why this is necessary for an outside sales position. I understand you want to see if I am mildly intelligent but I don't agree that this test determines that. I don't understand the need for the math portion either, I'm smart enough to work with numbers and calculate my bonuses, numbers, etc. In b2b sales and med sales I've never had to use algebra.
    As for the money its ok but it's a very quick sales cycle and commission driven. 40k base, benefits, mileage reimbursement, phone, laptop. $240 for each contract and there are bonuses on top of that when you hit the 4/week.
    All in all, I think it's dumb when companies are rude to potential employees. I think it shows immaturity on their part as a company and hiring team. You don't need to be my best friend but you can be somewhat pleasant and actually communicate back and forth with me. I also find the skype interview to be quite annoying too. I've interviewed with some of the top companies in the country and I always find that they are usually pleasant during the interview process, it tends to be the smaller companies or the wanna-be's that I find the opposite.
    I think the company sounds great and it's a great idea but after the first part of the process, even if they had offered me I am not sure I would have accepted. Seems like they would be the type to hang your job security over your head if you mess up or aren't meeting a certain standard. ZocDoc is made to seem like a really fun start-up with fun people but the glimpse I got was something different.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in November 2011.

I was approached a few times by this "recruiter.". I use the term recruiter lightly because I do not think she has any idea how to successfully recruit candidates. She emailed me twice and then called me. She said she found my resume on Med Reps. She spoke with me for literally 5 minutes to tell me how amazing Zoc Doc is, and didn't ask me one question about Zoc Doc. After our quick chat, she told me to take a personality test and then I would have a phone screen. I did the test and the phone screen the next day with a woman in Ireland. She spoke with me for 5-10 minutes and said that I would be perfect for the role. I, then, went into the interview at their headquarters in Soho.I thought the place had pretty cool vibe. I met with three people, and most of them asked me pretty standard questions. They told me they would be in touch with their decision. That same day, I received an email asking me to meet the Director of Sales. I stopped the process there. I did so because they do not pay enough...I don't know how they are going to attract the best sales talent and only offer the a 40K base. I thought I would take a look a it even though the base was low. I thought the commission scheme might be better, it's not. They don't even offer to pay for your taxis or subway. There was no way I was going to leave my job that has a car allowance, expense account, and a very high base, to be a glorified door-to-door salesman! But her's why I decided to right this review...the original recruiter called me to tell me I made to the final round, and I declined that offer. She then became very rude and defensive. Telling me that my current role as an Area Sales Manager for a big medical device company is a step backward from ZocDoc. She insulted me and told me that was really missing out. She then said that I should have called sooner (she called me the very next day after my interview). Then she hung up on me! If they was to come across as a professional company, they need to higher better people who know how to deal with very experienced sales professionals, and they need to compensate better. The only sales professionals they are going to attract are you kids that are desperately looking to get out of a terrible entry-level sales position. It's such a shame because the idea and site is so great!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in September 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Then sent a personality test. Then sent to interview in New York at the corporate office. I interviewed with 4 people there. They called me the next day with the offer Everyone was happy, the office was lively, and they paid for the whole thing.

Interview Questions
    • What separates you from other candidates?   View Answer
    • I was asked a lot of questions about my work experiences in my last job.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. They told me what the pay was and i took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in May 2011.

I was first emailed by one of their recruiters saying that I had an amazing resume and that they wanted to speak with me. I called the recruiter back and she spoke for about 10 mins telling me all about the company, never asking me any questions. From there she set up a phone interview with another HR person for the next day. Next day came and I spoke with the HR lady. They call lasted about 15 mins where she asked basic questions about my resume. At the end of the call she said that she thought I was a perfect fit and that they were setting up a time for me to take an assessment test. After spending an 1.5 hours on this test, I was then scheduled for a Skype interview with the HR manager & Sales Director. When it was time to Skype, my camera & computer was working perfectly and they couldn't get theirs to work (professional) ... so I had to look at a blank screen for the entire interview, which consisted of about 20 minutes of answering questions. There as no conversation and quite frankly the HR manager sounded like she was being bothered, she jumped right into the interview without even introducing herself, I had to ask her her name. I couldn't tell for sure considering their skype wasn't working. When I asked her if I could speak with the sales manager out in LA, she gave me the runaround that she didn't have his phone. She said she would call me back with the next step. 3 days later I got a form email saying that they were going in another direction. Which in all honesty was fine considering how they conducted the interview. What I was very unhappy about and thought was HIGHLY unprofessional was when I emailed the HR manager back to ask her "how I can better myself or resume" she couldn't be bothered with responding. Honestly I am happy I didn't continue with the process, after going through the interview process, I don't see how they could be voted "one of the best companies to work for."

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a doctor saying they don't need zocdoc services?   Answer Question
    • What other companies are you looking at right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in January 2011.

The phone screen seemed promising, the person conducting it was polished and professional and I was excited going into the F2F. That unfortunately is where it ended. I was supposed to meet the "manager" at their "office" in DC. Turns out it was a space leased on an as needed basis and because he did not want to incur the expense, chose to have our interview at a diner, I was given this information five minutes before the interview. He showed up dressed in a sweatshirt and dockers, and within the first 5 minutes was telling me how great he was and that he could afford a Bentley if he so desired. Really? Utterly disappointed, as it seems like they have a really good premise.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc.

Flew out to NYC early morning, got to NYC and had a car waiting for me. Didnt have time to eat, arrived to ZocDoc HQ. Had to be escorted to the bathroom by a young girl, who then had to wait outside the door for me to finish- a little weird. I was put in a tiny "interrogation" type room and left to sit there. All I could think about was how tired and hungry I was. Was interviewed by three different gentlemen, all very inexperienced interviewers. It seemed like they had no idea what they were doing. Very young vibe, they just want you to say that ZocDoc is the best thing EVER and it will change the healthcare industry. Each person who interviewed me said the same canned responses. After a brief "interview", maybe 20 minutes of speaking with "managers" I was escorted to the door to get in a car to fly home. Thankfully, I had a few minutes to grab a bite to eat at the airport. Overall, terrible experience. That 20 minutes could have been spent on the phone. Whole process didnt feel right & I personally wanted to get up and leave after being left in the interrogation room for what seemed like forever- it was not professional, at all. I got home around 1am, and was upset that I wasted my time & energy.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in June 2012.

I was contacted by a ZocDoc recruiter who scheduled me for a Skype interview a few days later. In preparation for the interview, he emailed me a work history form which required a lot of time to thoroughly detail to prepare the interviewer. My motivation for writing this review is that I found the recruiter conducting the Skype interview to be so obviously impatient and rude with the process and just lacked common courtesy and any sincerity all together. I felt totally insulted with his behavior, impatience, looking around-body language says a lot during a Skype interview. Clearly they're running through the numbers just to find the closers and I'm sure there is either great turnover currently or there will be. It's a business and they've got numbers to meet and a sales staff to get on the street, but I have to agree with the other reviewers and my impression of the types of people at ZocDoc corporate confirms that it is not a right fit for me. I'm all for ambition and drive, but we're all human as well as potential future customers of ZocDoc, which I will not be using nor will I recommend. A little kindness goes a long way. I am NOT a fan.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what the physical therapy clinic I worked for did. Physical Therapy Clinic..."What did they do?"   View Answer