ZocDoc Operations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

Horrible experience. I was greeted by a horribly unfriendly girl, who barely said anything to me when she walked me to closet that I was put into. The room was so dirty. There was leftover food and wrappers left in the room, and the first interviewer didn't even acknowledge the disgusting trash. He was perfectly nice, didn't know a lot and I didn't really ask him anything substantive because I didn't want to embarrass him if he didn't know the answer. The second interviewer finally said something about the garbage and threw it away, and was also very pleasant. The third interview, however, was the worst interview I have ever experienced. I have a lot of customer service experience - I worked at a top customer-oriented clothing company that is recognized for its customer service, and he made me feel like I was useless. He was disengaged, and an absolute tool. He asked me which interviewer was tougher and when I said that they both asked good questions, he demanded that I tell him. Then, he laughed in my face when I asked him a question about their competitors and wouldn't answer it. After the interview, I told myself that I would never accept an offer there, even if they extended. Surprise, surprise, no offer, and I eventually got a job at a much better tech company in NYC. This place is a sweatshop disguised as sexy tech startup in the heart of Soho.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying to to the ridiculous application cover letter (6th grade analytical writing exercise) I received an email to set up a phone interview. Recruiter was nice didn't ask hard questions at all mainly customer service focused. Then I was scheduled for an inperson interview. This is where it went down hill for me. Receptionist was rude and it had a real soho (ironically it's in soho) feel to it (Pretentious trust fund kids type of environment). Finally I was escorted to a walk in closet where I was to conduct a Skype interview. (Not a fan) the person I spoke to did not look professional. Looked like he belonged at Union square park. While I spoke he was clicking away on another computer I assume. He asked certain technical questions about my previous job that I couldn't disclose due to Non-disclosure agreement I was held by. After his attempt a few time i gave him false info to shut him up. Apparently he didn't understand that even though he worked for a tech company as well. He asked really hard questions that I wouldn't expect at a Goldman Sachs interview. They had nothing to do with the position and were rather personal and I made up answers to keep it going. After they brought 2 other people to interview me one did not make eye contact at all. While the other was socially awkward and looked like the type who would sit in a corner at a social gathering. One of them mistook my volunteer experience for work experience meanwhile it stated clearly that I was a volunteer. I didn't want to make the person feel stupid and went along with it. Then they asked if I had any questions. I didnt because I had already asked them during the first interview. So I asked again so they wouldn't feel any less special. I was walked out by an emo who didn't know how to smile. Just because we are looking for work doesn't mean you treat us like cattle. I declined their offer and I'm currently working with a competitor that hasn't launched yet and it's a lot better enviroment. Their loss now I'll put my skills to work with the competition. I never a heard a response back not that I care but I feel like its a slap in the face when companies don't do it. They will regret it when their competition is public. ;) Tips if you still want to apply. Its a customer service job over the phone. Pretty much same as an American Express call center. BTW pay is anywhere between $40,000-$45,000 depending on your experience. Don't take anything less than $40k as they would be low balling you.

Interview Questions

• Why ZocDoc? Why should we hire you? Tell me a time you turned a bad experience into a good one? be careful as to create questions for them. Don't give them material thats their job. Asked me technical questions about my last job that I couldn't answer due to a NDA.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and was very excited about possibly working for this company. I interview over the phone with the recruiter and he said I would be an excellent fit for the position.

From there, I had an in person interview that consisted of two individual interviews with a team lead and a manager. I felt that I connected well with both of them. I was disappointed to find out that I did not get the position. I received a template email saying that I did not receive an offer. I would have liked to have more feedback and specificity as to why I did not get the position.

I still think this is an excellent company and will keep them on my radar for future career options.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you do outside of work that causes you to lose track of time?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

About 5 minutes before the phone interview, I received an email stating that interview would need to be rescheduled. I told the recruiter that this was fine and confirmed a time. Waited 11 days. Recruiter finally responded saying he was out of town and wanted to reschedule. Unimpressed with the way things went, I passed.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard, although I get the idea they interview candidates all day every day and basically read questions from a sheet the whole time vs. being conversational. I also felt like many of the interview questions were asked in a negative way to trick people into saying something bad about themselves.

I interviewed during lunch time and was put in a tiny room next to the cafeteria which was very loud and distracting. I also sat in the room by myself for up to 20 minutes between the 3 people with whom I spoke. One of those people was over Skype which I felt didn't give me the best chance to make an impression. Most people I spoke to were very young and it seemed like they were promoted quickly within the company without having a lot of experience.

The next day I got an automated email saying I did not get the job. I liked the recruiter I worked with who reached out to me about other opportunities afterwards, but overall I would say the hiring process there is impersonal and unsophisticated.

Operations Associate Interview

Interview

Very friendly and supportive throughout process. The company is very selective but the interviews did not feel frightening or intimidating. Reflective of the culture once you are hired - supportive and empowering.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linked In, had a 30 minute phone "interview" that consisted of him selling the company to me. I was emailed and told to be at the office for an interview without confirming if the time worked for me. The office appeared to be an industrial call center. I met with 3 very young employees at different times. Each asked the same questions. I then waited with no contact or instructions for 35 minutes. During this time I noticed that the noise level was very loud. I determined that should I receive an offer I would decline as this as not an environment in which I wanted to work. Finally the first interviewer returned with her entire demeanor completely changed. It was obvious that I was not going to receive an offer by her cool attitude.

Interview Questions

• What is the best gift I have ever given someone.   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

Submitted my application online and was contacted for a phone interview. For the first interview the recruiter was 30 minutes late before I received an email that he as in a meeting and needed to reschedule. Two days later the phone interview lasted only 10-15 minutes. We got disconnected on his side. It was clear he never read my cover letter because he asked me 3 or 4 times if I had ever used zocdoc before. He apologized a few times for drinking too much coffee since he was talking quite fast. All in all it was pleasant, but seemed like he didn't have the time (didn't ever read my resume or cover letter prior to the call) and didn't listen to my answers. The whole interview was about how great ZocDoc was and not if I was a good fit. Still like the service, but not impressed with their recruiters.

Interview Questions

• None. I was expecting tell me about yourself or describe a difficult situation you found yourself in, but none. He really did most of the talking and then would say, does that sound ok or something you would be interested in?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

First I interviewed over the phone for about 40 min. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview. That process took nearly 2 hours. There were 2 face-to-face interviews and one via Skype.
    For a job that pays slightly above minimum wage, the process was too long and time consuming. I was asked questions that have nothing to do with assessing the skills needed for the job - there was one about a misconception people have about me and about a book that I've read. What does my reading preference have to do with being able to answer emails and phone calls from people wanting to make appointments with doctors? The interview procees didn't make any sense and was run by people about 2-3 years out of college with limited work experience. When one of the interviewers talked about special projects people might be assigned, I asked for an example. She said one person was working on revising the welcome package for new hires. I then followed up by asking how will you make sure that the process is the same for both the NYC and Scottsdale offices. She shrugged and said that would be up to the person assigned the project.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn, shortly after responding we set up an informative phone call, next I had an in-person interview where I spoke with 1 person over Skype (in the NYC, NY office) and 2 people in person (in the Scottsdale, AZ office for which I was applying). Everyone I spoke with was really great until the last person I met with. He was very awkward and made me feel incapable. His questions were frustrating and made the experience unpleasant. All 3 of the other people I spoke with were wonderful and easy to communicate with. They contacted me via email a few days later saying I didn't get the job.