ZocDoc

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.9

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Associate Interview

Very friendly and supportive throughout process. The company is very selective but the interviews did not feel frightening or intimidating. Reflective of the culture once you are hired - supportive and empowering.

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Operations Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc.

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linked In, had a 30 minute phone "interview" that consisted of him selling the company to me. I was emailed and told to be at the office for an interview without confirming if the time worked for me. The office appeared to be an industrial call center. I met with 3 very young employees at different times. Each asked the same questions. I then waited with no contact or instructions for 35 minutes. During this time I noticed that the noise level was very loud. I determined that should I receive an offer I would decline as this as not an environment in which I wanted to work. Finally the first interviewer returned with her entire demeanor completely changed. It was obvious that I was not going to receive an offer by her cool attitude.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best gift I have ever given someone.   View Answer

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc.

Submitted my application online and was contacted for a phone interview. For the first interview the recruiter was 30 minutes late before I received an email that he as in a meeting and needed to reschedule. Two days later the phone interview lasted only 10-15 minutes. We got disconnected on his side. It was clear he never read my cover letter because he asked me 3 or 4 times if I had ever used zocdoc before. He apologized a few times for drinking too much coffee since he was talking quite fast. All in all it was pleasant, but seemed like he didn't have the time (didn't ever read my resume or cover letter prior to the call) and didn't listen to my answers. The whole interview was about how great ZocDoc was and not if I was a good fit. Still like the service, but not impressed with their recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was expecting tell me about yourself or describe a difficult situation you found yourself in, but none. He really did most of the talking and then would say, does that sound ok or something you would be interested in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in August 2014.

First I interviewed over the phone for about 40 min. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview. That process took nearly 2 hours. There were 2 face-to-face interviews and one via Skype.
    For a job that pays slightly above minimum wage, the process was too long and time consuming. I was asked questions that have nothing to do with assessing the skills needed for the job - there was one about a misconception people have about me and about a book that I've read. What does my reading preference have to do with being able to answer emails and phone calls from people wanting to make appointments with doctors? The interview procees didn't make any sense and was run by people about 2-3 years out of college with limited work experience. When one of the interviewers talked about special projects people might be assigned, I asked for an example. She said one person was working on revising the welcome package for new hires. I then followed up by asking how will you make sure that the process is the same for both the NYC and Scottsdale offices. She shrugged and said that would be up to the person assigned the project.

Interview Questions
    • What's the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in July 2014.

I applied online and heard from a recruiter the next day. I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes and was more of a friendly conversation with more details about the job description. After that the recruiter set me up with an interview at the office. I met with three different people, two in person and one via skype in NY. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and I felt very comfortable. There weren't really any tricky questions, just more details about my resume and my experiences at past jobs and internships. When I arrived home I received a call a few hours later with an offer.

I think what they're really looking for is great customer service skills, someone who is well articulated, and has a genuine interest in the well being of people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but they aren't open to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc.

A friend sent my resume to a recruiter and a few days later the recruiter contacted me about scheduling a phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and enthusiastic, and gave me advice/warning that the people interviewing me are looking for candidates to show excitement. After our phone interview, the recruiter passed me onto a coordinator who helped arrange my in person interview. The coordinator was able to get me into an early morning interview, which was helpful so I would not miss work. I met with two people on the Operations Team. Both were very friendly, however the interviews were odd. They asked overtly formulaic questions. I did not feel like I was having a conversation, but rather dictating my answers to a questionnaire. One of my interviewers rarely made eye contact with me and was simply writing down all of my answers on a print out. Overall they were very friendly but I got a strange read on the company. I was actually relieved when I was not given an offer to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What quality about yourself would you like to improve?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in April 2014.

I applied online and got an immediate email back requesting a phone interview. That took about 15 minutes. Following that, I went in to the office for an in-person interview with the recruiter and the operations manager. Another visit was to meet the director. Finally, I set up a Skype interview with the Operations Manager in NYC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem you had at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in April 2014.

I was reached out to by a recruiter over linkedIn. After a brief email conversation, the recruiter and I planned a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long. It seemed more like a casual conversation than an interview, by the end of it I felt very confident. After the phone interview we scheduled a time for me to come in person to meet the team about a week later.
    I arrived about 15 minutes early to the interview and ended up waiting an addition 15, but not a big deal. The recruiter was the first person I met with. This lasted about 30 minutes, then he sent me up with a Skype interview with the operational manager in the New York office which lasted about 45 minutes. I then had another in-person interview that lasted an additional 45 minutes and finished it off with one final 45 minute Skype interview with an operations director in a different Scottsdale office. All 4 interviews seemed to go smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty standard although there was a lot of focus on my GPA. It's not a 4.0 but I'm still proud of my 3.7. The focus on "why is it not a 4.0?" seemed a little irrelevant.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ZocDoc.

I was contacted by a operation associate from ZocDoc at LinkedIn. First round questions are all pre-screening questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZocDoc.

I was extremely excited for my ZocDoc interview, especially because I was contacted by a recruiter an hour after applying online. The recruiter was friendly and enthusiastic and immediately scheduled me for an interview, telling me I was a promising candidate. The initial interview was more or less a chat with an associate who told me all the great perks of her job. After reviewing my resume she told me to come back for a follow up interview. From there the tone changed and the manager who interviewed me showed no signs of the friendliness the recruiter and associate provided. He told me I would hear back by the end of the week. No response. I contacted the recruiter directly and rather than answer my call or return my email personally, I received an automated email saying I did not get hired. The recruiter then never answered my email thanking him for the opportunity. This company sells itself on its customer service and start-up feel, but then fails to deliver on treating potential employees, and also potential customers in a respectful way. Not only will I not apply to this company again, but I will not use their product or endorse their product.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were unfulfilled by a leadership role.   Answer Question