ZocDoc

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ZocDoc.

After applying to to the ridiculous application cover letter (6th grade analytical writing exercise) I received an email to set up a phone interview. Recruiter was nice didn't ask hard questions at all mainly customer service focused. Then I was scheduled for an inperson interview. This is where it went down hill for me. Receptionist was rude and it had a real soho (ironically it's in soho) feel to it (Pretentious trust fund kids type of environment). Finally I was escorted to a walk in closet where I was to conduct a Skype interview. (Not a fan) the person I spoke to did not look professional. Looked like he belonged at Union square park. While I spoke he was clicking away on another computer I assume. He asked certain technical questions about my previous job that I couldn't disclose due to Non-disclosure agreement I was held by. After his attempt a few time i gave him false info to shut him up. Apparently he didn't understand that even though he worked for a tech company as well. He asked really hard questions that I wouldn't expect at a Goldman Sachs interview. They had nothing to do with the position and were rather personal and I made up answers to keep it going. After they brought 2 other people to interview me one did not make eye contact at all. While the other was socially awkward and looked like the type who would sit in a corner at a social gathering. One of them mistook my volunteer experience for work experience meanwhile it stated clearly that I was a volunteer. I didn't want to make the person feel stupid and went along with it. Then they asked if I had any questions. I didnt because I had already asked them during the first interview. So I asked again so they wouldn't feel any less special. I was walked out by an emo who didn't know how to smile. Just because we are looking for work doesn't mean you treat us like cattle. I declined their offer and I'm currently working with a competitor that hasn't launched yet and it's a lot better enviroment. Their loss now I'll put my skills to work with the competition. I never a heard a response back not that I care but I feel like its a slap in the face when companies don't do it. They will regret it when their competition is public. ;) Tips if you still want to apply. Its a customer service job over the phone. Pretty much same as an American Express call center. BTW pay is anywhere between $40,000-$45,000 depending on your experience. Don't take anything less than $40k as they would be low balling you.

Interview Questions
  • Why ZocDoc? Why should we hire you? Tell me a time you turned a bad experience into a good one? be careful as to create questions for them. Don't give them material thats their job. Asked me technical questions about my last job that I couldn't answer due to a NDA.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ZocDoc.

About 5 minutes before the phone interview, I received an email stating that interview would need to be rescheduled. I told the recruiter that this was fine and confirmed a time. Waited 11 days. Recruiter finally responded saying he was out of town and wanted to reschedule. Unimpressed with the way things went, I passed.

Operations Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ZocDoc.

The interview process was pretty standard, although I get the idea they interview candidates all day every day and basically read questions from a sheet the whole time vs. being conversational. I also felt like many of the interview questions were asked in a negative way to trick people into saying something bad about themselves.

I interviewed during lunch time and was put in a tiny room next to the cafeteria which was very loud and distracting. I also sat in the room by myself for up to 20 minutes between the 3 people with whom I spoke. One of those people was over Skype which I felt didn't give me the best chance to make an impression. Most people I spoke to were very young and it seemed like they were promoted quickly within the company without having a lot of experience.

The next day I got an automated email saying I did not get the job. I liked the recruiter I worked with who reached out to me about other opportunities afterwards, but overall I would say the hiring process there is impersonal and unsophisticated.

Operations Associate Interview

Very friendly and supportive throughout process. The company is very selective but the interviews did not feel frightening or intimidating. Reflective of the culture once you are hired - supportive and empowering.

Operations Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc.

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linked In, had a 30 minute phone "interview" that consisted of him selling the company to me. I was emailed and told to be at the office for an interview without confirming if the time worked for me. The office appeared to be an industrial call center. I met with 3 very young employees at different times. Each asked the same questions. I then waited with no contact or instructions for 35 minutes. During this time I noticed that the noise level was very loud. I determined that should I receive an offer I would decline as this as not an environment in which I wanted to work. Finally the first interviewer returned with her entire demeanor completely changed. It was obvious that I was not going to receive an offer by her cool attitude.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best gift I have ever given someone.   View Answer

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc.

Submitted my application online and was contacted for a phone interview. For the first interview the recruiter was 30 minutes late before I received an email that he as in a meeting and needed to reschedule. Two days later the phone interview lasted only 10-15 minutes. We got disconnected on his side. It was clear he never read my cover letter because he asked me 3 or 4 times if I had ever used zocdoc before. He apologized a few times for drinking too much coffee since he was talking quite fast. All in all it was pleasant, but seemed like he didn't have the time (didn't ever read my resume or cover letter prior to the call) and didn't listen to my answers. The whole interview was about how great ZocDoc was and not if I was a good fit. Still like the service, but not impressed with their recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was expecting tell me about yourself or describe a difficult situation you found yourself in, but none. He really did most of the talking and then would say, does that sound ok or something you would be interested in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in August 2014.

First I interviewed over the phone for about 40 min. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview. That process took nearly 2 hours. There were 2 face-to-face interviews and one via Skype.
    For a job that pays slightly above minimum wage, the process was too long and time consuming. I was asked questions that have nothing to do with assessing the skills needed for the job - there was one about a misconception people have about me and about a book that I've read. What does my reading preference have to do with being able to answer emails and phone calls from people wanting to make appointments with doctors? The interview procees didn't make any sense and was run by people about 2-3 years out of college with limited work experience. When one of the interviewers talked about special projects people might be assigned, I asked for an example. She said one person was working on revising the welcome package for new hires. I then followed up by asking how will you make sure that the process is the same for both the NYC and Scottsdale offices. She shrugged and said that would be up to the person assigned the project.

Interview Questions
    • What's the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in July 2014.

I applied online and heard from a recruiter the next day. I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes and was more of a friendly conversation with more details about the job description. After that the recruiter set me up with an interview at the office. I met with three different people, two in person and one via skype in NY. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and I felt very comfortable. There weren't really any tricky questions, just more details about my resume and my experiences at past jobs and internships. When I arrived home I received a call a few hours later with an offer.

I think what they're really looking for is great customer service skills, someone who is well articulated, and has a genuine interest in the well being of people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but they aren't open to it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc.

A friend sent my resume to a recruiter and a few days later the recruiter contacted me about scheduling a phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and enthusiastic, and gave me advice/warning that the people interviewing me are looking for candidates to show excitement. After our phone interview, the recruiter passed me onto a coordinator who helped arrange my in person interview. The coordinator was able to get me into an early morning interview, which was helpful so I would not miss work. I met with two people on the Operations Team. Both were very friendly, however the interviews were odd. They asked overtly formulaic questions. I did not feel like I was having a conversation, but rather dictating my answers to a questionnaire. One of my interviewers rarely made eye contact with me and was simply writing down all of my answers on a print out. Overall they were very friendly but I got a strange read on the company. I was actually relieved when I was not given an offer to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What quality about yourself would you like to improve?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in April 2014.

I applied online and got an immediate email back requesting a phone interview. That took about 15 minutes. Following that, I went in to the office for an in-person interview with the recruiter and the operations manager. Another visit was to meet the director. Finally, I set up a Skype interview with the Operations Manager in NYC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem you had at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question