ZocDoc Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

A Skype interview followed by in house with 3 principal engineers followed by director, cto and the vp of engg. The interview questions were certainly interesting and thought provoking. The overall end to end experience was neutral to slightly negative.

Offer was lower than expected for a company at this stage and lower than the current base / options.

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Their recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I am a local candidate, so I only had 1 phone interview before the onsite. Their office is located in a cool building in a cool neighborhood. The recruiter asked me to allocate 4 hours for the interview loops. Three interviewers were a engineering director, a principal engineer, and a more jr software engineer. All of them are very professional, which made the whole experience very positive. After 3 rounds, I assumed it was done according to info here, I was asked to stay for the 4th round. Then about 5 mins later, the coordinator stopped by saying the final interviewer was stuck at a meeting. About 1 week later, I was told no offer. They encourage me to re-apply after xx months time frame (i always find this part amusing). My overall impression about zocdoc and interview are: - a solid startup with a nice business model. - their technology, at least for the team I was applying, was out of date. yeah, and it's a .net shop. - a couple of onsite questions are considerably harder than phone interview. probably because it was a 'principal' position.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty common interview questions on phone interview, but considerably harder question on onsite.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening followed by Skype interview. The phone screen was primarily to ensure some familiarity with the company and then brief resume review. The Skype interview was more toward my current experience, job profile, roles and responsibilities, day to day stuff. Lot of team management questions, how do i manage tough team members, why should we hire you, why u want to change, what u don't like about current job. After these questions, technical questions started. They ranged from Array's to linked list to Btree. Time complexity in various scenarios of these data structures. Case based question was put in. It was interesting experience. If you know Data structures and algorithms, it would be piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• It's not difficult but How will you reduce time complexity of finding duplicates in linked list? How will you implement a new sorting algorithm which is never written earlier?   Answer Question