ZocDoc SOA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

SOA Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in August 2014.

The hiring process started with a phone interview with an HR rep and shortly resumed in person. After these 2 initial interviews (both straight forward and pleasant), I had an interview with three Sales Directors. My first sales-director interview was a great experience with a nice guy who had conversation/interview skills that allowed for in-depth questioning and responses. The other two sales directors (with whom I interviewed simultaneously) seemed unprofessional and lazy--asking questions without follow ups or any conversational behavior--interacting via scarcely prepared questions and poorly communicated transitions. This made for an incredibly unpleasant experience, where it was difficult to connect with the interviewers in a way that highlighted personal skills and prospective contribution.

Overall it was an O.K. experience with mostly positive interactions. The ZocDoc offices are great and many of the employees seem helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • If, in six months, things didn't work out, why would that be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in June 2014.

The recruiter said he found my resume on monster.com and I was contacted by email and phone by a recruiter. The initial phone conversation was to see if I knew anything about ZocDoc. (They send you links about their company so make sure to look at them, because they do ask if you did). Then the recruiter told me about the SOA position. Then asked why I want a job in sales. After the phone conversation, a few days later, I took a tour of the company. Then was interviewed by the recruiter in person. This interview went more in depth, asking questions about my resume and have I had any experience in cold calling. He also asked, how well do I handle rejection and talked a lot about getting past the gatekeeper.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle getting past the gatekeeper?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in May 2014.

Initial communication began with a internal recruiter for a phone interview. Pretty basic questions such as what do you know about ZocDoc? what are you looking for in a work environment? and questions that pertained to my resume.

This was followed with an in-person interview with two different sales recruiters. The interview started off with a tour of the office and a list of the "benefits" of working at ZocDoc. they had a ping pong table (which no one was playing on and is really just to make the office seem like a playful environment). They have free catered lunch every day which is cool. Then I was brought to a room and alot of the same questions from my phone interview. What I knew about ZocDoc, how ZocDoc works, Why I felt I was a good fit for ZocDoc? And I was asked more about my background. The recruiters are nice during the interview ( because they get paid if you make it through). This was then followed with a 3rd interview with the actual sales managers.

The third interview was formal dress. I met with two managers at the same time who both had worked there for under three months. They both came in and acted as if I had been the 100th candidate they interviewed. With minimal introduction that began a rapid fire Q & A session about my background, why im a good candidate and if I had any experience dealing with rejection. They then told me that ZocDoc did a lot of hiring from within and a what position I saw myself in down the road ( Ironic since every manager made it a point to tell me that they were hired from the outside and that they had only been working there for about 3 months). When I asked them what the percentage was for people getting hired from the inside, they both didnt know. They also told me that ZocDoc had a 50% retention rate after 6 months. I then met with a 3rd hiring manager who came in with a completely defeated and unprofessional demeanor. He acted like he was dragged into the office and just wanted to take a nap. He performed a role play simulation for what a phone call would be like in how to "get around" a receptionist (be sure to do a lot of background info on ZocDoc, they want you to know how the services can benefit doctors and talk about how "awesome" ZocDoc is). He then asked me "if we were to meet in this same room in 6 months and it didnt work out, why do you think that would be"? I answered if I were assigned to a territory that had already been given to an older employee or if I was assigned a rural area and expected to meet the same numbers as someone who was assigned a urban area ( which you are btw). I was then escorted out by my initial recruiter.

In conclusion, the interview with the sales managers seemed rushed and somewhat unorganized. They are really just trying to make sure you can handle yourself well under pressure and not panic. BE CAUTIOUS with this company. A lot of negative reviews and there methods for obtaining 100% of the market share are unrealistic. There is definitely a feeling that they are hiding something and dont really care about you or your goals. Read reviews from physicians... there are a plethora of bad reviews talking about how ZocDoc does not deliver what it says and that it is over priced.

Advice to ZocDoc is stop the BS and be more transparent. A "hip office environment" and " free lunch" dont excuse a terrible company culture and an enormous turn-over rate

Interview Questions

extremely low base pay (30K), and benefits dont kick in until after 3 months. Also they made it a point to say they have 50% retention rate after 6 months. Also look closely at every one in the office.... they are not as happy as all the "best place to work reviews" would suggest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc.

Process was smooth and fast (approx. 1 week) Was contacted by a recruiter. Brief phone call to fill me in on position and see if I was a fit. Set me up with an in office interview with 2 different team managers. Both were open and easy to talk to. You could tell they cared about the type of person they were bringing into their team. Interview lasted about an hour. Was told I would get a phone call in a few days to let me know of their decision. Received a call the next day with an offer

Interview Questions
    • From your research, what one thing would you change about the website/app?   Answer Question
    straight offer, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in February 2014.

A recruiter reached out to me via email and telephone. He took a look at my resume and told me he'd like to send my information along to the office manager. A few days later the office manager reached out to me and we set up an interview for a week later. The interview process was easy and comfortable. I met with two different team managers, both of which were easy to talk to, thorough, and transparent about the job and the workplace. Two days later the recruiter reached out to me to tell me that they were offering me the job.