ZocDoc

ZocDoc Sales Executive Interview Questions

2.5

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc.

The interview process is vert easy. The recruiters are not honest about support and what the position actually entails, but it is straightforward. They ask a few questions and that is it.

Interview Questions
  • There was not a dfficult questions. They just want to know how you will evangelize their product.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in April 2013.

The interview process at the beginning was quite professional, from talking to the recruiter, as well as speaking to director of sales. However, the next 2 interviews were the complete opposite. I interviewed with 2 sales managers that were both completely disorganized and inexperienced at interviewing (I know this because I conduct interviews for the same field at other companies). While asking no relevant questions to the position and providing one word answers to my questions, both managers also appeared exhausted and annoyed that they were conducting the interview. I should also say that both were quite rude and condescending (outside of the normal "bad cop" interviewing process). I had one other interview later with another manager, which was more professional, however none of these managers know how or why they became managers, or what made them successful at sales - Best example "What is the most difficult part of this job for your reps?" - answer "Getting the decision maker on the phone" - um, have you ever had any experience with sales or aggressive cold calling? Getting the decision maker on the phone is in no way the hardest part of this job - and that answer clearly explains why none of these managers know what they are doing.

Interview Questions
    • "how do you get past the gatekeeper?"

*most difficult because of how obvious that "obstacle" is -

View Answer

After evaluating the organization of the interview process, especially the managers interviewing me, I realized that this would be a step back in my career development.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at ZocDoc in August 2012.

The recruiter and recruiting coordinator painted a lovely view of the company but the actual employees itself is something else to be said. I interviewed with three individuals. One was them was quite knowledgeable and really knew the vision and the growth of where the company was heading.

The other two, members of the Inside Sales team on the other hand, were listless individuals. They showed no passion in the company at all and was really there to just be "fillers" asking me asinine questions that really had nothing to do with my background. Kept firing at me questions that was straight out of a How to Interview 101 book and did nothing to try to understand the person they are interviewing. They also were a little intimidated by my questions (since I came from a sales background), answering them with what seemingly sounds like a scripted answer or blurb about ZocDoc. One of them, at times, looked like he was about to fall asleep on me and kept checking his watch every 30 seconds. If the rest of the sales team were anything like these two, then no thanks, this is a company I would not be proud to work for. I don't believe the two members I met particularly knew how to sell - they seemed incompetent at best and had no people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you would've changed in your behavior in your past position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in June 2012.

Several phone and Skype interviews, 3 phone, Skype with local manager, Sr Recruiter, flown up to New York for 3 in-person interviews back to back. Came back to home city and did one more Skype interview with peer that had been at current employer and then received the offer.

Interview Questions
    None, it was set in stone for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in April 2012.

Very intense interview process. Phone Screen, Personality test, Skype interview, In-Person rounds in NYC for the day, Skype with regional manager, Skype with VP of Sales, Offer. It's really intense and fast-paced and you can get booted out of the process without explanation at any step. They're very picky about who they take and culture is one of the most important aspects of what they're looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in March 2012.

Initially contacted via phone by a very nice, but very young woman (this was her first job, one year out of college) in HR. We talked about my resume and she moved me on to the next round to be held over the phone with the company's most senior person. In the meantime, she emailed me an assessment to take prior to my second phone interview. I assumed it would be similar to other types of personality and job function type tests I've taken in the past, but it was not. The qualifications for being a Sales Rep for ZocDoc apparently include extensive knowledge of algebra, geometry, word problems relating to multiplication and fractions, as well as much more psycho-babble you'd expect to see on a test to become a commander of a nuclear submarine. It was ridiculous, and took well over two hours. Some of the questions were laughable, and my wife actually cracked up when the avatar on the screen would read them out. I focused hard and did well, though, so all that was left was the phone interview. The woman who interviewed me seemed extremely distracted and not in the least bit interested in talking to me. The first person was much better, but this one was not prepared at all. After telling me I scored well on the assessment, she basically asked questions similar to, "So, why do you want to work with ZocDoc?" Seriously? Most lame opening gambit ever, and so amateurish. I gamely did my best, though, and thought I peppered her with intelligent questions regarding the company's structure and how I would fit in. No dice, though. Got a form letter email a week later. So glad I spent all that time answering those personality questions. Now this company has this detailed profile on me as an individual, and I have nothing on them outside of what's online. Be careful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in February 2012.

The interview process at ZocDoc consists on phone interviews, Skype interviews and in person interviews.
    I met with a total of 8 people which I thought was great. Be prepared to fly out to New York and meet with 4-5 people in one day. Be prepared and have fun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ZocDoc in August 2011.

fyi...my interview was for a senior management position at the NY HQ. I know ZocDoc has many, many local outside sales jobs advertised on their website, but want to clarify that my experience does not relate to that process which may be very different.

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview. Nothing came of it so I reached out to one of ZocDoc's senior sale's exectives in NY via linkedin. He suggested I apply for another position higher in the food chain given my experience. I did. We then had a nice Skype interview on a Friday. I found him to be professional and friendly. He scheduled another interview for the following Monday. It never happened. I got a very strange email that afternoon from his email address signed by other person saying that he was "no longer with the company" and was invited to continue the process with a new guy. I later learned new guy was a young inexperienced assistant to the senior sales executive who abruptly left. Fine. I took 3 hours of online tests....a few days later I was invited to fly to NY. Went to NY and had eight hours of interviews. The interview process was too long, many of the questions were out of scope and unprofessional and the tone was one of arrogance (I later learned that one of the other seasoned senior executives I met with also left the company very shortly after joining). Not a good sign when your A-team jumps ship.

Interview finally ended when new guy (who took over the process from my initial executive contact) made some very abrupt comments about me not being his first choice and left the room. He said someone else would be in to see me. I waited 30 minutes, no one showed-up. It was after 5pm at that point, so I walked out into the hallway...everyone seemed to have left. I could not find anyone in the office, so I left, got on a plane and went home.

Of course, I still sent a thank-you note after the interview.

I never heard back.

I was told I would be reimbursed for expenses but it took me months to get them to reimburse my expenses after having to send letters all the way up to the COO.

Overall...a terrible interview process, very poor impression of the company's management. I think the idea behind ZocDoc is awesome and I actually use their product, but they seem to have very bad growing pains.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in March 2011.

I submitted my resume and received a call back within a day or two to schedule a Skype interview. I had the Skype interview on a Monday and it was brief -- I tried to work in some humor, mention something about the college the interviewer went to (I looked him up on LinkedIn before our interview), but he barely gave me time to stretch out the interview. It was over quickly and he told me they would be in touch if the interview were to proceed. Tuesday I heard back and was invited to NYC for a face-to-face interview. They booked my plane ticket, ride from the airport, and flight back -- which occurred two days later on Thursday! I flew in and flew out the same day after meeting with 3 of their executives. It was very laid-back and I could tell this company had a very young, upbeat, and cool culture about it. I had another interview face-to-face with the Area Sales Manager on Sunday, and then another Skype with the VP of Sales on the following Monday. An hour later, they called back with an offer!

Interview Questions
    • It's been six months, but I think the question that most people don't put enough thought into is "WHY ZOCDOC?" They are a very proud group with a groundbreaking platform and service, and want to know what gets you excited about working here. Fortunately I had done my homework and was able to provide a solid answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's a set base + commission for everyone to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc in March 2011.

Skype Interview, then to NY for interview with upper management, then offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why ZocDoc?   Answer Question
    • They are really looking to see if you will be a good fit for the culture of the company and can tell as soon as you walk in the door.   Answer Question
    N/A