ZocDoc

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Origination Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc.

Applied on college job board, heard from a recruiter the following day. Very nice guy, had informative conversation about myself and role at ZocDoc. Next round was in person (or skype) with the recruiting manager. The final round was meeting with two inside sales managers.

Interview Questions
  • No real trick questions, pretty straight forward interview.   Answer Question
No negotiation for salary for this position available.

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc.

First impression upon arrival was how casual the dress code was. Second impression - the recruiter was late by almost 20 minutes (I had arrived 15 minutes early, so I ended up waiting 35 minutes to meet with the sales recruiter). He then gave me a tour of the facility (including the kitchen, where he mentioned that lunch is catered daily), then left me in an extremely small room with a computer. The interviewer walked in about 5 minutes later with my resume in hand. I noticed throughout the interview that he did not even take the time to read my resume, and was surprised when I mentioned that I am a recent graduate. When it came my turn to ask questions, I asked him where he saw the company going in 10 years. His response: "I have no idea."

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult questions; they were mostly behavioral questions mixed in with "Are you sure you can do this job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in July 2014.

recruited through LinkedIN. Then scheduled a phone interview/screening which was very basic. Just questions about my past employment. The recruiter told me more about the position and how to prepare for the on site interview. They're looking for really competitive people hungry for success.
    The onsite interview lasted an hour and I talked to two different team leaders. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and wanted to know what separated me from the pack. I also did two mock calls which required a lot of improvising.

waiting to here back

Sales Origination Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in July 2014.

Took about 3 weeks for the entire process. Was reached out my a recruiter and had 3 interviews. The last two were in-person at the NYC office. I feel like there's a certain mold (clique) that is sought after for this position. They want you to be a cutthroat sales person with no heart (i.e. competitive).

Interview Questions
    • What's the most common misconception about you? Do you love to win or hate to lose?   View Answer

Sales Origination Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in June 2014.

Spoke initially with a recruiter, then a phone interview with an account manager, then a Skype interview with the Sales Executive. All three were rather impersonal- they basically asked questions off a list and jotted down my answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in January 2014.

ZocDoc has a refined, though not difficult interview process, which happens in many steps. A recruiter will act as your guide in the office, give you a tour, do a little coaching prior to your interviews, and show you out afterwards. A recruiting coordinator handles your scheduling. The first round interview is at their office in Soho with a (separate) recruiter. S/he will be asking basic questions and check your responses and basic qualifications against a set of qualifications. S/he'll also ask for your questions and take notes. The interview was timed to 30 minutes.

The second and third interviews (in-depths) happened on the same day, again at the office. In this case, two Sales Managers conducted the interviews in 30 minute segments, one after the next. The managers are serious about work experience and a good fit, hard work, and the ability to work well with a team. Not too difficult. No trip-up questions if you prepare well.

Qs included:
    Who are you? / Tell us about yourself?
    Why ZocDoc?
    Why do you want this position?
    Make a sample sales pitch
    Can you handle the grind (cold calling, hours, etc.)?
    What questions do you have for me? (they will come back to this in each interview).

Currently in between 2/3rd and final round interview (confirmed), feeling great.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest misconception about you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc in December 2013.

I was a referral in but typically a recruiter will reach out to you and ask you the typical questions and set up interviews with the managers. You will meet with 2-3 managers back to back who will all ask you similar questions. If you are offered a position you will only have 24 hours to accept the offer letter or else it expires. They hire extremely fast but if they are on the line about you there will be another interview with a director in person or over Skype.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the day to day duties and when talking to the recruiter I came in with the intentions of being interviewed for a higher position but that was not the case.   Answer Question
    Make sure you are on the same page with recruiter and even when interview with the managers about what position you will be in and the starting salary. You will not be able to negotiate salary.