ZocDoc Sales Origination Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.9

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

Only had a phone interview. Basic stuff. Background questions and wanted to see you did your homework on the position and company. Did not follow up with them because of bad timing with my current job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

I spoke to 2 different recruiters via phone before an in-person meeting was scheduled with another recruiter. I then received an email from another recruiter to schedule meeting with 2 people from the sales team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked really hard for something and failed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume and cover letter online. Two days later the recruiter called me to set up a phone interview. She did not call me at the time we agreed upon so I called her and she asked to reschedule. At the end of the call, she said she would forward my resume to a manager and send me an email with more information about the company. That email never came. Two days later, I received a rejection email. I did not enjoy this interview process at all. It felt very disorganized and made me not want to work there even though I was very interested in the company initially.

Interview Questions

• I forgot the questions. Maybe if I had cold calling experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The energy level at the company was high and everyone seems friendly. The CEO doesn't have a walled office, so everyone could say hi when they go by his cube. The question was fairly standard, like how you dealt with a difficult situation and what you learned from it. Also they made you do a mock cold call, so be prepared for that.

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc.

Interview

Applied on college job board, heard from a recruiter the following day. Very nice guy, had informative conversation about myself and role at ZocDoc. Next round was in person (or skype) with the recruiting manager. The final round was meeting with two inside sales managers.

Interview Questions

• No real trick questions, pretty straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary for this position available.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

First impression upon arrival was how casual the dress code was. Second impression - the recruiter was late by almost 20 minutes (I had arrived 15 minutes early, so I ended up waiting 35 minutes to meet with the sales recruiter). He then gave me a tour of the facility (including the kitchen, where he mentioned that lunch is catered daily), then left me in an extremely small room with a computer. The interviewer walked in about 5 minutes later with my resume in hand. I noticed throughout the interview that he did not even take the time to read my resume, and was surprised when I mentioned that I am a recent graduate. When it came my turn to ask questions, I asked him where he saw the company going in 10 years. His response: "I have no idea."

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult questions; they were mostly behavioral questions mixed in with "Are you sure you can do this job?"   Answer Question

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in July 2014.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks for the entire process. Was reached out my a recruiter and had 3 interviews. The last two were in-person at the NYC office. I feel like there's a certain mold (clique) that is sought after for this position. They want you to be a cutthroat sales person with no heart (i.e. competitive).

Interview Questions

• What's the most common misconception about you? Do you love to win or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

recruited through LinkedIN. Then scheduled a phone interview/screening which was very basic. Just questions about my past employment. The recruiter told me more about the position and how to prepare for the on site interview. They're looking for really competitive people hungry for success. The onsite interview lasted an hour and I talked to two different team leaders. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and wanted to know what separated me from the pack. I also did two mock calls which required a lot of improvising.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

waiting to here back

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc in June 2014.

Interview

Spoke initially with a recruiter, then a phone interview with an account manager, then a Skype interview with the Sales Executive. All three were rather impersonal- they basically asked questions off a list and jotted down my answers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

ZocDoc has a refined, though not difficult interview process, which happens in many steps. A recruiter will act as your guide in the office, give you a tour, do a little coaching prior to your interviews, and show you out afterwards. A recruiting coordinator handles your scheduling. The first round interview is at their office in Soho with a (separate) recruiter. S/he will be asking basic questions and check your responses and basic qualifications against a set of qualifications. S/he'll also ask for your questions and take notes. The interview was timed to 30 minutes. The second and third interviews (in-depths) happened on the same day, again at the office. In this case, two Sales Managers conducted the interviews in 30 minute segments, one after the next. The managers are serious about work experience and a good fit, hard work, and the ability to work well with a team. Not too difficult. No trip-up questions if you prepare well. Qs included: Who are you? / Tell us about yourself? Why ZocDoc? Why do you want this position? Make a sample sales pitch Can you handle the grind (cold calling, hours, etc.)? What questions do you have for me? (they will come back to this in each interview). Currently in between 2/3rd and final round interview (confirmed), feeling great.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest misconception about you?   1 Answer