ZocDoc Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The first step of the interview process was a phone call over skype. Here they asked basic questions about your background and things on your resume. Then there is an in person interview with two people for an hour each. The first session was again a repeat about questions on your resume and how you handled different issues/problems faced. Then there was a technical question session mostly about writing code on a white board. the second session was more questions about the resume and your previous job experience. Then a technical session in relation to mocking class diagrams and how to code certain things in a game (psuedo code).

Interview Questions

• Write a program to detect if a String is a palidrome   Answer Question
  • Write a program to find the highest descendant of a binary tree given two nodes of the tree. the node structure contained parent, left, and right.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZocDoc

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

First a normal recruiter phone call to go over your resume, then setup a 1:1 on Skype with live C# coding via collabedit (not a real compiler or intellisense but the interviewer can see what you type). The interviewer was nice and friendly. I did not make it past the Skype round. The feedback I received was "I was not tech savvy for the position".

Interview Questions

• What does bad code mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a system that resembles 'tinyurl'? What is the complexity of your approach?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with new technology?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with performance related issues?   Answer Question
    • Given an integer array, write a program that returns an array with elements = product of the integers in input array except the one in its position. Ex: Given input: [2, 3, 10, 4, 5], output: [600, 400, 120, 300, 240] What is the complexity of your program? When will your program not work? Below is what I presented (O(n)), but it did not qualify me for the next round.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZocDoc (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for an interview. I hesitated initially but decided to give them a chance. It started with a phone screen and being asked a technical puzzle. I aced that and was brought in for a full day of onsite interviews which led to an offer immediately after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen technical question was probably the most toughest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Spent some time pushing hard for the numbers I wanted and was ultimately able to walk away with something I was happy with.