Zoe's Kitchen

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.9

Host Cashier Interview

I knew a guy who already worked at Zoe's so he referred me to the manager. It was super easy, the manager just looked at my resume, decided that I had enough customer service experience and gave the job.

The Manager offered $7.50 and I accepted/

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen.

After spotting a new location being built, I went online to look at available positions. I applied for a management of the new location mid november, and received a call in February. The management from an existing location was being brought over to the new location, and hiring for the existing location had begun in order to replace them. After receiving a call in regards to setting up an interview, I was hired by the end of two weeks.

When I went in for the interview, both the Regional Manager and General Manager gave me a tour around the restaurant, we discussed the operation in its entirety, and then we sat down to discuss what I wanted. It was a very comfortable experience. Mainly their concern was to make sure this was something I truly wanted. They do not want people working for them that will not enjoy their job or be unhappy, regardless of the need to fill a position. They understand the value of a happy staff and how it results in happy customers who will return again and again.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen.

Lengthy Interview and Hiring Process:
    1) Initial contact by recruiter (phone interview)
    2) Submission of Full Application
    3) Go into store for Interview with District Manager
    4) Go into store for "Working Interview"
    5) Go through a lengthy online personality test and business experience test.
    6) Job Offer Is Made of accepted, contract signed online, and documents are submitted.
    7) A few weeks later, training process starts:
    8) One week of Host Cashier Training, two weeks of prep cook/chef training, two weeks of management training.
    9) After 5 weeks of training, you are assigned to a store and finally start in your normal job.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to answer numerous situation questions about your management style.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate many things, but was denied on every one. Very hard to negotiate with this company on anything including salary, vacation, and other benefits.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen.

Very good interview. Easy to talk to, down to earth and very honest. Testing was standard and simple. Got an offer within 2-3 days of interview.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. I gave a number and they accepted.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen in May 2013.

I got hired after my second interview. Either they want you or they don't!

Negotiable based on experience

FOH Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen.

I filled out the application online , then they had open interviews. The interviews were outside. It was cold. He asked basic questions. Then they told i would get a call in a week , because they hadn't opened yet

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen in March 2010.

they were only interested in the experience I had working in restaurants they wanted to know if i was kind enough to work with them in zoes kitchen all customers should be treated with kindness and respect.and they just let me know what we have to do in this job

really needed the job I did not negotiate just wanted to work but I knew my salary was going to be nice since I had references

Catering Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen in December 2009.

I interviewed with the Regional Director for a Catering Sales Rep position. The interview was very short (about 20 minutes) and consisted of normal questions, such as "Are you comfortable selling to strangers?". I felt like the interviewer did the majority of the talking, but explained the position requirements well.

I accepted elsewhere

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen in April 2009.

was pretty good,they want to know about my skills and experience..

Front of House Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoe's Kitchen in April 2010.

After being referred for the job, I was called by the manager who asked when I would be able to come in for an interview. We set up a time for the next day. I dressed fairly casually, but nice, in khaki pants and a nice blouse. The interview was one-on-one between the manager and me. She started off by telling me about the company, describing its origins and menu, as well as the company's dedication to excellent customer service. She was very friendly, asking questions about my personality and previous work experience. She seemed to appreciate my previous experience in food service. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your previous job experience. What did you like or dislike about it?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest flaw?   Answer Question
    There isn't much negotiation. You basically start off at minimum wage, but they are pretty flexible about increasing pay after you've been working for them for a few months.