Zoho

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zoho in December 2014.

Easyiest one...be a good one in ur technical stuff first round apps with technical it takes 2 hours if u got selected u can move on to next round.in next round is pure programming they give 5 task u have to write program for that. In five atleast 3 should correct. Then u move on to next round.

Fresher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zoho.

totally 4 rounds, 1st round c puzzles and Aptitude, 2nd round 8 small problems with time complexity, 3rd round 2 big problems which is also based on Time complexity and Data structure. Final round technical as well as HR. Questions are from java. For 2nd and 3rd round are based on algorithms.I am eliminated at 3rd round.

Interview Questions
    • if you prepared well in c and java then the interview is easy, also you have to study algorithms. Else everything is difficult   Answer Question

Member Technical Staff Interview

4 interviews.3 technical and 1 HR round.It was three hours programming test having only one problem. In my case it was to implement "Railways Booking sysytem". Coming to technical, it was average they asked some aptitude questions and basic knowledge of databases, web technology. and HR round was just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Technical round is difficult.you have to get through all of your IT knowledge.   Answer Question

Member Technical Staff Interview

Selection process was more based on written test and programming. There were 3 programming rounds followed by 1 technical round and 1 hr round. Selection process is started with written test having aptitude and programming question then one more round having 5 programming problems to code and again one more round and that too unexpected. It was three hours programming test having only one problem. In my case it was to implement "cab booking system with certain conditions and functionalities". Coming to technical, it was average they asked some aptitude questions and basic knowledge of databases, web technology. and HR round was just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult or unexpected question was one question in three hour(including evaluation time). It was little bit lengthy and needed too much patience and concentration. Most dangerous thing was you need to implement in normal core languages like c, c++ or java.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It has two salary offers based on performance in selection process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zoho in November 2014.

4 rounds.. Full technical coding.. 1st round writTen exam 25 fill ups. And in 2nd round 5 program if you solve minimum three you will be shortlisted for next round. 3rd round- is again coding and 4th is HR

Interview Questions
    • Just refresh syntax in C, or your interested language to do coding in second and third rounds   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

written test c aptitude and puzzles(15questions and 15 questions)
    one advanced programming round and two technical interviews and on e hr
    written test c aptitude and puzzles(15questions and 15 questions)
    one advanced programming round and two technical interviews and on e hr

Interview Questions
    • written test c aptitude and puzzles(15questions and 15 questions)

Answer Question

Round 1: Written Test
    30 questions 2 hours.
    Mostly 1 word answers, not objective
    20 programming questions, typically to find output.
    10 aptitude questions

Round 2: Easy Programming Round
    5 questions, do maximum. 3 hours
    Mostly easy puzzle questions. To print something in a format. Practice easy questions from sites like HackerEarth, HackerRank, codechef etc. Do atleast 2.5, that may get you to the next round. Language of your preference. can use IDE. Pretty nice invigilators.

Round 3: Advanced Programming Round
    One question. 3 hours
    The question for us was to implement a Student Allotment System. Student details are given, branches in 2 different quota in 2 diff colleges is given. Sort the student details according to marks. Print option to
    1. Continue with allotment
    2. View allotment by college
    3. View allotment by department.

Each student should be presented with options to indicate the branches he can apply (based on marks and seats available in his quota) and get his selection.

Extra marks for using a DB software. (My advice: dont do it unless you make db apps a lot. There is 3 hrs and lot to do, you need something in presentable form)

Round 4: Tech Interview
    Depends on who interviews you and how u performed in the past rounds.
    For me, it was just what you do. Which all languages have you coded, tell me about the works, tell me about your apps etc.
    For some others, mathematical puzzles were asked.

Round 5: HR interview
    Pretty much about yourself and family.

Interview Questions
    • What is your preferred salary package?   View Answer
    Practice more on your coding skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zoho in October 2014.

There were 6 Rounds:
    ===============================================================================
    1st: Aptitude(General+Technical) : Time: 2Hrs
    Questions on simple math, logic and commonsense
    Coding questions were like Predict the output. Topics: strings, pointers, and other basic topics.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd: Basic coding : 3Hrs
    5 Questions were given to solve as many as possible in stipulated time.
    Solve using any language. Restriction on usage of string class, etc.
    Questions in our campus were:

Input: A3D2FG10
    Output: AAADDFGGGGGGGGGG
    In Input, the numbers can be any number from 2-99.

Input: word1 word2 word3 word4
    Output: word4 word3 word2 word1
    This should work for any number of words.

Input a word and Output should give out first non-recurring alphabet.
    In case of no such alphabet print something
    Input: laptop
    Output: l
    Input: monkeymonday
    Output: k
    input: abcabc
    Output: No such character found

A 5X5 matrix of numbers was given.
    Input a number and output should be sum of two adjacent(side-side, up-down, diagonal) numbers equalling input
    im giving an example of a 3x3
    Output:
    3+5 : 8
    4+4 : 8
    2+6 : 8

input 15 numbers(N1, N2, N3,...,N15)
    Output should be a pattern
    N1
    N2 N6
    N3 N7 N10
    N4 N8 N11 N13
    N5 N9 N12 N14 N15
    3rd: Advanced Coding Round: 3Hrs
    To design a taxi booking program
    5 taxis(program should work for n number of taxis), 5 stations(A,B,C,D,E), initially all taxis at A.
    All stations are on a straight line. Distance b/w adjacent stations is 15 km. It takes 15 minutes to travel between two adjacent stations .Fare: 50/- for 1st 5 km, and then 10/- per km.
    A customer should book using his customer ID and taxi nearest to his place is allotted to that customer. If two taxis are at same distance from customer, then taxi which earned less that day will be allotted.
    Write a function for booking.
    Write a function for listing history of a taxi(cus id, from, to, fare, distacnde, start time, end time, etc.)
    I managed to do maximum possible. There were small changes to be made which I explained to the company guys.
    Before interviews: We were asked to improvise the program from advanced coding round.
    We were asked to write structure for the problem in 3rd round to improvise.
    4th & 5th Back to back interviews:
    Questions about project.
    Few more questions on resume.
    Technical Questions based on languages you know.
    A puzzle to test your analytical skill or approach to a solution.
    Questions from Aptitude test.
    6th: HR
    Few questions on resume, Family, Location, Company, Further studies(Should be a NO on any case), Working for a project in ZOHO while in college, etc.

Interview Questions
    • HR-Relocation to Chennai:
      When you have many it companies near yo your home town location, Why take pain in relocating to chennai?

View Answer
    Only negotiation was regarding package. Opt for high package if asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoho in October 2014.

I attended the campus interview for Zoho Corporation, Chennai in my university.
    There were 2 main rounds.
    First was a written test with 2 sections- aptitude and programming.
    It was a written test and not MCQ test and there was no negative marking.
    Out of all the students who rote the test (which was aound 1000), they chose 14 students, and we went to the next round.
    I had 3 interviews.
    My first interview was a technical interview and i was asked to write programs in Java on threads, string functions etc.
    I was also asked a lot of puzzles.
    This interview was for about an hour.
    The next interview was also a similar interview, but i was asked easier programs to make like those with for loops and also some aptitude questions.
    The third interview was with the HR.
    She asked me general questions like why I chose CSE and why i chose to study in Karunya University.
    She also asked me how much salary do i expect.
    The results were announced the same day.
    Two students (including me) got a job offer and 3 others got a project offer.

Interview Questions
    • I already got offers from Infosys, Wipro and Cognizant. So they asked me why i would still wish to join Zoho.   Answer Question
    It wasnt very difficult. If you are good at basics and passionate about programming, you can clear the interview. ALL THE BEST !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zoho in October 2014.

Rounds
    1) Aptitude and c Questions
    2) 5 coding questions. solve more than 3 to go to next level
    3)Advanced coding
    2 technical rounds and a hr
    C,Java,CN and DB questions are asked in technical round
    salary can be in the range of 4.6 to 6.6. Depends on your performance

Interview Questions
    • Coding questions are bit difficult. Technical interviews are good   Answer Question