Zoho

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Zoho in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through placementink.com and was off-campus interview held in June 2014. They will start by giving a presentation about their company for about 20 minutes and then stress you to ask some questions from them. Be active enough during this period and if possible ask a question or two in order to leave a good impression on the HR Manager and other people from the company. And then usual placement process happens with written test, technical interview, HR interview etc. Make sure you study all the placement papers from placementink so that you are ready to perform well in the interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to code a meta search engine in any language that I was comfortable with.   Answer Question

Erode (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zoho in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was on-Campus for our college.

There was five rounds.
1. Written Test,
2.Coding test,
3.Advanced programming test,
4.Interviews(I lost is third round)
5. Technical interview.

In written test there were two sections- Quantitative Aptitude & finding output for small programs. It was easy.

In second round we were given 5 problems to create programs for them. For both round 2 and 3, any platform can be used like C, C++, Java. It does not affect your selection. The programs are: form pascal triangle, Finding minimum of n numbers with using recursion, arrange numbers from a 2 dimensional array in ascending order without changing matrix appearance(i.e. arrange a mis-ordered 2x2 matrix to ordered 2x2 matrix), Find a word from an array of characters and print palindrome of any text entered. You need to create programs for at least 3 problems to clear this round. If ur competitors programs more then the option for three programs too is slim...

In third round there was a heavy program which is to be created. I cant complete it as i am an electrical student and I'm not good to do it. It was a railway reservation program to be created in 3 hours only, which was impossible for me. There are lot of constrains in it.Now let us get into program. We have to book , view and cancel a railway ticket. There are five station A, B, C, D, E. And there are five seats. Consider a person in seat 1 goes from A, stops at C, then the seat 1 from C to E is empty. Thus next person trying to get in station C must be seated in seat 1 not in any other seat. Thus establishing maximum seating between
stations. A random PNR number must be generated which is used to view and cancel tickets. Name, sex, age should be asked from the person. And there were some other little constrains too( sorry I forgot). You have to show atleast booking to get cleared. As I was not aware of this kind of program, I cannot get through. A guy from some other college get through as he practiced this program. They will not change the program for at least 2 years. So, don't worry.

As I did not cleared the test I do not know about next two rounds..

Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zoho in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Written Exam (Coding Puzzles ) - Most of them are similar to puzzles in Yashavant P. Kanetkar books.
2. Basic Coding Round - 5 programming questions in 90 minutes.
3. Extreme Coding Round - One programming questions in 120 minutes
4. HR Round - Face to Face Interview(Final Round)

Interview Question – Nothing. Coding Problems are mostly familiar one, but too many constraints make it tough.   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zoho.

Interview Details – Via Campus placement center

Interview Question – Develop File system using data structures [ time 4 hrs]   Answer Question

Member Technical Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zoho.

Interview Details – written test which contains aptitude and c apti, second round coding, third round advance coding and final face to face interview

Interview Question – face to face interview questions are easy   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zoho in May 2010.

Interview Details – As a fresher in 2008, I had 4 rounds of interview for 3 hours where 3 rounds were technical and the final one was HR round.

In the first round, most of them were based on puzzles with some extra effort required to answer those.
Second round was also puzzles but this time, the solution should be done using C/Java that we are good at. I couldn't answer completely all the 3 puzzles. But my attitude to find an answer and wasn't willing to get some hints(Interviewer was offering me some hints) for the puzzle that I wasn't aware of. This was the toughest round of the 4.
Third round was purely basic technical questions and that was quite simple. Now I was sure I am into this job after this round.
Final round was HR round, very simple round asking me about my stay, How I know about Zoho, whereabouts and what I was doing for the past one year after my academics.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficulty questions that I faced during this interview   Answer Question

Interview Details – Campus Placement
Zoho

Rounds :
1. Technical Paper - 2hr - c question focus on loops,pointer,String & memory allocation
2. Programming Round1 - 3 hr
        -- 5 questions -thoes who solved 3 or more shortlisted for next round
        -- question were simple but you should be in touch with programming .

3. Programming Round2 - 3 hr
      -- mini project kind of program ,one program with 5-6 different module
      -- after completion of each module you have to show output -- don't go for completion of module as once go module by module

4. Technical interview 20 -30 min
       -- not hard just some few puzzles,and kind of discussion about different technologies and project ,no cross question
5. HR (20 min)
   -- just for checking if they select you . will you join or not nothing more

Interview Question – As i am from north india ,HR asked me many question why i came to south , why i didnt settle in north etc etc...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as campus placement

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer Trainee Interview

Engineer Trainee
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Zoho in August 2010.

Interview Details – Apitutude with maths and English. Programming test paper

Interview Question – one technical round. HR too easy.   Answer Question

Member Technical Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zoho.

Interview Details – APPS round - Quite easy... Coding round basics Data Structures code., Design a system code , given a system with constraints code them using appropriate DS. Technical Interview the pits and falls u have ignore in previous round...

Interview Question – Difference between hash map and hash table   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no based on the perfomance in the interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zoho in September 2013.

Interview Details – Campus Interview:

Round 1 - General & C++ Aptitude . Duration - 2 hrs
Was a bit difficult for me.Cleared Though

Round 2 - 8 programming questions. Duration - 4 hrs
Was given a system and asked to code. About 6 questions were solvable. The other two were a little tricky.

Round 3 - Application Development. Duration - 4 hrs
Asked to develop an application for a Departmental Store. I used JSP & Derby database.

HR Round - Basic non-technical Questions.

Salary : 6.5L

Location : Chennai

Remarks : Very length but fair interview process. No random hires.

Interview Question – Run a java program in a terminal. Then Open another terminal and the run same program. It should display output as ' the class is already in use in another terminal'   View Answer

Worked for Zoho? Contribute to the Community!