Zones Interview Questions in Auburn, WA

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.6

Events Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Unorganized, did not even meet with anyone on the team that would be directly managed. Recruiter was terribly egotistical, provided zero guidance along the way despite proactively reaching out to assess my interest level, and once a decision was made an entire week went by before I had to reach out to be told via email they went in a different direction. I know this may not seem like that big a deal but if you take the time to do two onsite interviews, away from your current company, the least the recruiter could do is pick up the phone to have a conversation. Major red flags as well, that they did not include the actual events team on the interview loop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the largest event you've hosted and what you were most proud of.   Answer Question

Purchasing Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter, had a brief phone interview and then an in person interview with the hiring manager. Review of my resume, qualifications, and work history as well as my vision for how the position should be performed were incorporated into my overall presentation. Once done I was provided with a chance to ask questions and was formally considered for the position and notified by the recruiter of the job offer along with the formal offer letter with salary.

Interview Questions

• Standard run of the mill questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate for a better/higher salary range but was denied due to budgetary constraints of the company.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who screened me over the phone and gave me a detailed rundown of the job. She was great to work with and gave me some good advise about tweeking my resume and some helpful hints about the interview.

I interviewed with two managers; one was friendly and open and made me want to work with them. The other was stoic and asked the tough questions and gave me the perfect opportunity to really sell myself. He was very concerned that I didn't understand the challenges and I had to work hard to convince them that I did.

A couple of hours after the interview my recruiter called me and let me know they wanted to move forward with the process. I had to take an online assessment which was wasn't too bad. A couple of days after that I was emailed an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• You have been here for a year and you just aren't enjoying the job or making the money you expected. What is going to keep you from quitting and going back to your old business?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

It was very easy, they will ask you to sell a pen. They do mass hiring because they are a turn and burn business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negotiate I believe

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

The HR people who screened me by phone were supportive and gave me advice that helped me through the interview process. On the day of the interview 6 applicants were present including myself; of those, only myself and one other person were ultimately selected. The actual interview was a straightforward one on one with a sales manager; it was laid back and I had no problem relaxing and talking my way into the job. After that I received a call a few days later, was told I had the job and when to show up for work, and that was that. Nothing particularly complicated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Read your contract thoroughly, don't make the mistake of neglecting the fine print and dont be afraid to ask for a little more.

Presales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was an extremely long and drawn out process that pushed away most people that would be interested. Then when I worked through the gauntlet of interviews I was offered a little less then half the advertised salary.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you regret doing and how will you make sure it doesn't happen again?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was recruited on campus by a college recruiter. I had a phone interview and then 1 in person interview

Interview Questions

• Can't really remember. Most questions were behavioral (give me an example of when...)   Answer Question

Negotiation

You had about 5 days to tell them if you accepted the offer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

So I met a recruiter from a networking event. When I went on to interview with them I was grouped with another 3 applicants and we did a tour of the facilities. The build was kind of dirty looking. We were taken through the sales floor to get a feel of the pace of the environment. Then we had our individual meetings with one of the sales managers. It was not too difficult.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

Quick and easy they are always hiring more monkeys because the turn over rate is so high

Negotiation

None you get what you get or leave