Zones

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Purchasing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zones in May 2013.

I was contacted via a recruiter, had a brief phone interview and then an in person interview with the hiring manager. Review of my resume, qualifications, and work history as well as my vision for how the position should be performed were incorporated into my overall presentation. Once done I was provided with a chance to ask questions and was formally considered for the position and notified by the recruiter of the job offer along with the formal offer letter with salary.

Interview Questions
    • Standard run of the mill questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate for a better/higher salary range but was denied due to budgetary constraints of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zones in September 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter who screened me over the phone and gave me a detailed rundown of the job. She was great to work with and gave me some good advise about tweeking my resume and some helpful hints about the interview.

I interviewed with two managers; one was friendly and open and made me want to work with them. The other was stoic and asked the tough questions and gave me the perfect opportunity to really sell myself. He was very concerned that I didn't understand the challenges and I had to work hard to convince them that I did.

A couple of hours after the interview my recruiter called me and let me know they wanted to move forward with the process. I had to take an online assessment which was wasn't too bad. A couple of days after that I was emailed an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • You have been here for a year and you just aren't enjoying the job or making the money you expected. What is going to keep you from quitting and going back to your old business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zones in July 2012.

It was very easy, they will ask you to sell a pen. They do mass hiring because they are a turn and burn business.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate I believe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zones in July 2012.

The HR people who screened me by phone were supportive and gave me advice that helped me through the interview process. On the day of the interview 6 applicants were present including myself; of those, only myself and one other person were ultimately selected. The actual interview was a straightforward one on one with a sales manager; it was laid back and I had no problem relaxing and talking my way into the job. After that I received a call a few days later, was told I had the job and when to show up for work, and that was that. Nothing particularly complicated.

Interview Questions
    Read your contract thoroughly, don't make the mistake of neglecting the fine print and dont be afraid to ask for a little more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zones in December 2011.

I was recruited on campus by a college recruiter. I had a phone interview and then 1 in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Can't really remember. Most questions were behavioral (give me an example of when...)   Answer Question
    You had about 5 days to tell them if you accepted the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zones in September 2011.

So I met a recruiter from a networking event. When I went on to interview with them I was grouped with another 3 applicants and we did a tour of the facilities. The build was kind of dirty looking. We were taken through the sales floor to get a feel of the pace of the environment. Then we had our individual meetings with one of the sales managers. It was not too difficult.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zones in February 2008.

Quick and easy they are always hiring more monkeys because the turn over rate is so high

None you get what you get or leave