Zones Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Purchasing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zones in May 2013.

I was contacted via a recruiter, had a brief phone interview and then an in person interview with the hiring manager. Review of my resume, qualifications, and work history as well as my vision for how the position should be performed were incorporated into my overall presentation. Once done I was provided with a chance to ask questions and was formally considered for the position and notified by the recruiter of the job offer along with the formal offer letter with salary.

Interview Questions
    • Standard run of the mill questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate for a better/higher salary range but was denied due to budgetary constraints of the company.

Senior Sales Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zones.

Literally 7 interviews- 5 on the phone and 2 at Willis Towers. When first interviews by the HR Coordinator, I was told the range was between a certain amt. When I was actually offered the position it was10K less than the range I was initially told. I feel like I was lied to and honestly I would have declined the position from the start had I know the "real" range. I of course countered and they could not bring themselves to even get close to the range they stated in Interview one. I feel like that shows a lack of integrity and honesty on the company as a whole.

Everyone was professional and put me at ease during the process. Also, I really liked the person that I would be reporting to. However, they wasted 3 weeks of my time with this exhausting process only to offer me an amount below the industry standard for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview fare, nothing really out of the ordinary.   View Answer

They lied about the range of pay

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I had one phone interview and two onsites. It was a great experience and good questions...but i was slightly over sold to.

Vice President of IT Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Zones.

The Zones leadership is unclear on what they are looking for....it was a 3 month/12 week process!! Really? It starts with a HR screen, then a bunch of VP phone screens, then VP on-site interviews and then finally a series of a full-day of SVP interviews including the CEO interview.

The CEO does not like consultants--can you believe that? Unsure what he is after...good luck :)!!

Interview Questions
    • The CEO does not like consultants--make sure you have been a non-consultant !!   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Zones.

Nice people, show in interview that you have a passion for IT and sales and your golden.

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Zones in January 2013.

First met with a recruiter at a College Career, following day recruiters did personal interviews with collegiate candidates. If selected recruiters asked you to completed an online application, which was emailed. Group of about 12 visited office location to see office environment, conduct a personal interview with a manager as well as three-typed essay questions regarding sales, business skills, an example regarding a difficult situation which you showed adversity. Upon successful completion of the in-person interview, met with the recruiter one last time, and was informed would be notified by phone if position was offered or not.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we invest in training you, when we could swayed someone to come over from one of our competitors to make us more money?   Answer Question

The manager whom I did my one-on-one interview with in the Portland office, looked at my resume which detailed most of my work experience centering around my time served in the military and said: "So you've never had a real job."

Was literally speechless for a few seconds, especially after doing multiple tours overseas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zones in December 2011.

I was recruited on campus by a college recruiter. I had a phone interview and then 1 in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Can't really remember. Most questions were behavioral (give me an example of when...)   Answer Question
    You had about 5 days to tell them if you accepted the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zones.

The process for me was very simple and quick. This is probably because they run through AE's faster than Roy Hibbert can drink a Gatorade. Anyways, I had a phone interview (45 minutes) and then an in person interview (1 hour). The phone interview was with HR and the in person was with a sales manager. Both were pretty easy and very similar. Questions include: Why sales? Why IT? Why Zones? What is your biggest weakness? Etc. Very easy and unless you have the intelligence of a donkey then you will get the job. Oh, and no drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage adversity? What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base salary is $32,500 and then you get bonus and commission. However, earning commission (which will determine how much bonus you get, and this is usually none) is very difficult. The IT market is over saturated which forces you to sell products at next to zero margin. For example, I sold 10K worth of hardware and earned $3 in commission from it based on the incredibly low margin I had to take in order to win the deal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zones in February 2013.

Recruiting seemed desperate to get the new office filled, and somewhat unprofessional. I had an interview at the career fair, I felt like they did most of the talking. Some of the questions asked were about the company - do you know how we are? Don't try researching the company too much because their private and don't release a lot of info, but you can find some info on their FB, Twitter, or LinkedIn page. Also, I was asked 'why IT sales? why sales?'. It's pretty basic and relaxed. I think they are doing this over the phone now for people who aren't hired through a career fair.

If you get past round one, they then ask you to complete an application and a personality test online (if you haven't already done so).

The next step was to have and interview at the Chicago office. There was about 10 other people there, and they gave us a presentation on the company and the job. After that they had us break off and interview with different managers. The interview was pretty relaxed, they want to get to know you personally, figure out why you would be a good fit for the company. Don't be ashamed if you didn't understand their question, ask them "what do you mean by that?" They want to see if you can answer difficult questions, because that's sales. Be able to communicate what you mean clearly, ask questions if you don't understand, build relationships, and be confident.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years, 5 years, 10 years+?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Everyone starts at a base salary of $32,500 with a commission structure of 10% off the margin. Apparently this makes fair for everyone…

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zones in November 2013.

I was contacted by technical recruiter via email. Phone screen was schedule 2 days later, after the phone screen I received a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited onsite for an in-person interview. There were a total of four interviewers first being the hiring manager (to prepare you for the following peer interviewers).

The peer interview was very different than I expected, there were no behavioral questions and they attempted to make it a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • They asked specific questions regarding Agile processes.   Answer Question

Worked for Zones? Contribute to the Community!