Zones Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.6

Senior Sales Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zones.

Literally 7 interviews- 5 on the phone and 2 at Willis Towers. When first interviews by the HR Coordinator, I was told the range was between a certain amt. When I was actually offered the position it was10K less than the range I was initially told. I feel like I was lied to and honestly I would have declined the position from the start had I know the "real" range. I of course countered and they could not bring themselves to even get close to the range they stated in Interview one. I feel like that shows a lack of integrity and honesty on the company as a whole.

Everyone was professional and put me at ease during the process. Also, I really liked the person that I would be reporting to. However, they wasted 3 weeks of my time with this exhausting process only to offer me an amount below the industry standard for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview fare, nothing really out of the ordinary.   View Answer

They lied about the range of pay

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I had one phone interview and two onsites. It was a great experience and good questions...but i was slightly over sold to.

Vice President of IT Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zones.

The Zones leadership is unclear on what they are looking for....it was a 3 month/12 week process!! Really? It starts with a HR screen, then a bunch of VP phone screens, then VP on-site interviews and then finally a series of a full-day of SVP interviews including the CEO interview.

The CEO does not like consultants--can you believe that? Unsure what he is after...good luck :)!!

Interview Questions
    • The CEO does not like consultants--make sure you have been a non-consultant !!   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zones.

Nice people, show in interview that you have a passion for IT and sales and your golden.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zones.

The process for me was very simple and quick. This is probably because they run through AE's faster than Roy Hibbert can drink a Gatorade. Anyways, I had a phone interview (45 minutes) and then an in person interview (1 hour). The phone interview was with HR and the in person was with a sales manager. Both were pretty easy and very similar. Questions include: Why sales? Why IT? Why Zones? What is your biggest weakness? Etc. Very easy and unless you have the intelligence of a donkey then you will get the job. Oh, and no drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage adversity? What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base salary is $32,500 and then you get bonus and commission. However, earning commission (which will determine how much bonus you get, and this is usually none) is very difficult. The IT market is over saturated which forces you to sell products at next to zero margin. For example, I sold 10K worth of hardware and earned $3 in commission from it based on the incredibly low margin I had to take in order to win the deal.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zones in November 2013.

I was contacted by technical recruiter via email. Phone screen was schedule 2 days later, after the phone screen I received a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited onsite for an in-person interview. There were a total of four interviewers first being the hiring manager (to prepare you for the following peer interviewers).

The peer interview was very different than I expected, there were no behavioral questions and they attempted to make it a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • They asked specific questions regarding Agile processes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zones.

Recruiter recruits heavily at college events. Will reach out to all applicants. They interview based on personality. They leave you in a room with current employees to get a feel for you. They want to you be outgoing and communicative. It's a sale job so expect to sale yourself. After trying to convince you and a room of other applicants on why Zones, then you move on to interview with a sales manager. You are rated on a scale of 1-5. Based on some personality test you take. They want to know that you are flexible to deal with the unorganized organization. They are looking to see if you are willing and able to make 50+ dials a day cold calling.

Interview Questions
    They typical offer everyone 32,500 but will negotiate to 35,000. Always negotiate.

E-Commerce Integration Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zones in September 2013.

received an initial pre-screen phone call, followed by another call to tentatively set up an in person interview. The expectation was set that the interview date/time would be confirmed via Email. This didn't happen until the morning of the interview.

Was given a tour of the facility and then waited about 10 minutes to be interview by two people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary, Just be prepared and it should go smooth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zones in May 2013.

First a phone interview- have to sell yourself and show success in overcoming objections, being tenacious and competative. Second interview in the office. Office tour, interview with HR Crystal, interview with two current Account Executives, and interview with a manager or VP. Very laid back and asking all the normal sales questions

Purchasing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zones in May 2013.

I was contacted via a recruiter, had a brief phone interview and then an in person interview with the hiring manager. Review of my resume, qualifications, and work history as well as my vision for how the position should be performed were incorporated into my overall presentation. Once done I was provided with a chance to ask questions and was formally considered for the position and notified by the recruiter of the job offer along with the formal offer letter with salary.

Interview Questions
    • Standard run of the mill questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate for a better/higher salary range but was denied due to budgetary constraints of the company.