Zones

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.5

Account Executive Interview

1) Face to face meeting with HR personnel. May have you take a script home for the next step.
    2) Phone interview with Sales Manager - he/she may go through different sales scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I buy my IT products and services from you versus an AE from company ABC?   Answer Question

Events Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zones in January 2015.

Unorganized, did not even meet with anyone on the team that would be directly managed. Recruiter was terribly egotistical, provided zero guidance along the way despite proactively reaching out to assess my interest level, and once a decision was made an entire week went by before I had to reach out to be told via email they went in a different direction. I know this may not seem like that big a deal but if you take the time to do two onsite interviews, away from your current company, the least the recruiter could do is pick up the phone to have a conversation. Major red flags as well, that they did not include the actual events team on the interview loop.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the largest event you've hosted and what you were most proud of.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zones.

Cultural questions. Two steps: 1st with Sales Director then meeting with Sales Manager. Asked questions about sales philosophy and technology knowledge. Asked about B2B consultation background. The company looks for aggressive personality types that they can mold into their image as a mindless sales robot. Only concerned with bottom line.

Did not negotiate salary

Senior Sales Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zones.

Literally 7 interviews- 5 on the phone and 2 at Willis Towers. When first interviews by the HR Coordinator, I was told the range was between a certain amt. When I was actually offered the position it was10K less than the range I was initially told. I feel like I was lied to and honestly I would have declined the position from the start had I know the "real" range. I of course countered and they could not bring themselves to even get close to the range they stated in Interview one. I feel like that shows a lack of integrity and honesty on the company as a whole.

Everyone was professional and put me at ease during the process. Also, I really liked the person that I would be reporting to. However, they wasted 3 weeks of my time with this exhausting process only to offer me an amount below the industry standard for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview fare, nothing really out of the ordinary.   View Answer

They lied about the range of pay

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I had one phone interview and two onsites. It was a great experience and good questions...but i was slightly over sold to.

Vice President of IT Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zones.

The Zones leadership is unclear on what they are looking for....it was a 3 month/12 week process!! Really? It starts with a HR screen, then a bunch of VP phone screens, then VP on-site interviews and then finally a series of a full-day of SVP interviews including the CEO interview.

The CEO does not like consultants--can you believe that? Unsure what he is after...good luck :)!!

Interview Questions
    • The CEO does not like consultants--make sure you have been a non-consultant !!   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zones.

Nice people, show in interview that you have a passion for IT and sales and your golden.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zones.

The process for me was very simple and quick. This is probably because they run through AE's faster than Roy Hibbert can drink a Gatorade. Anyways, I had a phone interview (45 minutes) and then an in person interview (1 hour). The phone interview was with HR and the in person was with a sales manager. Both were pretty easy and very similar. Questions include: Why sales? Why IT? Why Zones? What is your biggest weakness? Etc. Very easy and unless you have the intelligence of a donkey then you will get the job. Oh, and no drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage adversity? What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base salary is $32,500 and then you get bonus and commission. However, earning commission (which will determine how much bonus you get, and this is usually none) is very difficult. The IT market is over saturated which forces you to sell products at next to zero margin. For example, I sold 10K worth of hardware and earned $3 in commission from it based on the incredibly low margin I had to take in order to win the deal.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zones in November 2013.

I was contacted by technical recruiter via email. Phone screen was schedule 2 days later, after the phone screen I received a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited onsite for an in-person interview. There were a total of four interviewers first being the hiring manager (to prepare you for the following peer interviewers).

The peer interview was very different than I expected, there were no behavioral questions and they attempted to make it a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • They asked specific questions regarding Agile processes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zones.

Recruiter recruits heavily at college events. Will reach out to all applicants. They interview based on personality. They leave you in a room with current employees to get a feel for you. They want to you be outgoing and communicative. It's a sale job so expect to sale yourself. After trying to convince you and a room of other applicants on why Zones, then you move on to interview with a sales manager. You are rated on a scale of 1-5. Based on some personality test you take. They want to know that you are flexible to deal with the unorganized organization. They are looking to see if you are willing and able to make 50+ dials a day cold calling.

Interview Questions
    They typical offer everyone 32,500 but will negotiate to 35,000. Always negotiate.