Zones Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zones.

Interview

Short/Easy Interview. If you can prove you have some sort of personality you got the job. Got the offer the same day as the interview. I remember I was happy about, wow, what a fool I was.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zones.

Interview

It was the easiest interview process I have ever been apart of. If you can prove you have any sort of brain function or personality you got the job. I remember being excited when I received the offer- how foolish I was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zones (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a member of the recruiting team via email to arrange a time for a phone interview. Was administered two assessments following the interview to gauge personality type, technical aptitude, general intelligence, and worldliness (ex. of last is "Vladimir Putin is president of what country?"). Was told I would hear back within 48 hours, but never happened and recruiter did not respond to my emails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zones (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiter at university job fair. The HR person was really nice and helpful. She took phone interview asked behavioral questions and talked about my resume. She also gave a long company overview about what they do and what they offer. After that online self assessment test was given which was kind of hard. Only do it when you are fresh and sitting in a quiet room. After that I got a call from HR person and asked to visit their office and do interviews. Account manager takes your first interview after showing you the work space in detail, then you do "day in life" of account executive where you spend time with the person who's currently doing the same job and the last interview is taken by another account manager. Everyone is very laid back and friendly. It almost took 2 hours to do the office interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zones (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

College Recruiter took a long list of names at the career fair and followed up with 30 minute interviews the following day. She spoke more than I did and was really trying to sell the company. After the interview they ask you to follow up and do a personality profile.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

1) Face to face meeting with HR personnel. May have you take a script home for the next step. 2) Phone interview with Sales Manager - he/she may go through different sales scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why would I buy my IT products and services from you versus an AE from company ABC?   Answer Question

Events Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Unorganized, did not even meet with anyone on the team that would be directly managed. Recruiter was terribly egotistical, provided zero guidance along the way despite proactively reaching out to assess my interest level, and once a decision was made an entire week went by before I had to reach out to be told via email they went in a different direction. I know this may not seem like that big a deal but if you take the time to do two onsite interviews, away from your current company, the least the recruiter could do is pick up the phone to have a conversation. Major red flags as well, that they did not include the actual events team on the interview loop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the largest event you've hosted and what you were most proud of.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zones.

Interview

Cultural questions. Two steps: 1st with Sales Director then meeting with Sales Manager. Asked questions about sales philosophy and technology knowledge. Asked about B2B consultation background. The company looks for aggressive personality types that they can mold into their image as a mindless sales robot. Only concerned with bottom line.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary

Senior Sales Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zones (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Literally 7 interviews- 5 on the phone and 2 at Willis Towers. When first interviews by the HR Coordinator, I was told the range was between a certain amt. When I was actually offered the position it was10K less than the range I was initially told. I feel like I was lied to and honestly I would have declined the position from the start had I know the "real" range. I of course countered and they could not bring themselves to even get close to the range they stated in Interview one. I feel like that shows a lack of integrity and honesty on the company as a whole. Everyone was professional and put me at ease during the process. Also, I really liked the person that I would be reporting to. However, they wasted 3 weeks of my time with this exhausting process only to offer me an amount below the industry standard for this position.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview fare, nothing really out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

They lied about the range of pay

Interview

I had one phone interview and two onsites. It was a great experience and good questions...but i was slightly over sold to.