Zoological Society of San Diego

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego.

Interview Details – Very heavy initial interview about 2.5-3 hrs.
When I did my follow up, the dissapointing part was that I never heard back from them with the outcome.
I felt I waist my time there. After almost 3 hrs I was exhausted.
It was like facing the Inquisition.

Interview Question – Describe a time when multitasking, give specific examples & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Guest Services
Escondido, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call about a month later. The interview consisted of two people interviewing me. They were very nice and laid back. They asked typical interview questions like why I wanted to work there and went over what the job would consist of. I was offered the job on the spot. Great place to work.

Interview Question – Describe a time when a customer was upset and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

The process took a day - interviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego in May 2009.

Interview Details – I received an email and phone call from supervisor of the department to schedule an appointment. I was interviewed by two people within the department. It consisted of a formal sheet/ what seemed like a universal list of behavioral and typical interview questions, such as "Tell me about a time you had a group conflict." Immediately after the interview the two hiring me consulted with each other and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a group conflict.   Answer Question

Senior Keeper Interview

Senior Keeper

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview went rather smoothly with 5 individuals. questions were asked relating to job knowledge and background. questions asked were how you would handle situations not only with animals but also co workers. very relaxed setting.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if two co-workers explained how to do something in a different way?   Answer Question
  • how would handle an animal if it was reluctant to move from one location to another?   Answer Question

Publicist Interview

Publicist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego in September 2008.

Interview Details – Went in with significant resume/job experience (10+ years). Hiring manager kept cell phone headset in throughout interview. Assistant asked majority of questions, which seemed to be for lower-level position. "Do you have any tattoos or piercings we should know about?" Almost left at that point.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you've had to solve a problem at work.   View Answer
  • Do you have any tattoos or piercings we should know about?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was the first time a job interview had completely turned me off to the organization. Got the feeling they hadn't bothered to read my resume and didn't really listen to my answers. (It wasn't a conversation - following the questions was like trying to watch the ball at a tennis match.) Though the job description was significant, the interview process let me to believe I should have been interviewing for the hiring manager's position. Even wondered after if the headset thing or the low-level questions were a test to see how I would handle it. Fortunately, a better offer came in at the same time.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Zoological Society of San Diego? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zoological Society of San Diego interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zoological Society of San Diego employees and interview candidates.