Zoological Society of San Diego

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zoological Society of San Diego

Food Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego.

Applied online. Took about a month to hear back. Interview was a group interview but no body in my group showed up so it turned into a mini panel interview. Was interviewed by a food manager and a food supervisor. Asked standard customer service questions. Interview was a total of 5 mins.

Interview Questions
    • " Are you able to operate an ice cream machine?"   View Answer

Intern Interview

A few interviews, very comfortable environment
    HR staff extremely helpful in accommodation / logistics / hiring process

Culture is fantastic - world renowned organization speaks for itself. Everyone is kind, helpful, fun, doesn't take themselves too seriously, and enthusiastic about the society, their career, and your career. Everyone shares a passion for wildlife and conservation.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego.

Very heavy initial interview about 2.5-3 hrs.
    When I did my follow up, the dissapointing part was that I never heard back from them with the outcome.
    I felt I waist my time there. After almost 3 hrs I was exhausted.
    It was like facing the Inquisition.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when multitasking, give specific examples & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego in February 2012.

Applied online and got a call about a month later. The interview consisted of two people interviewing me. They were very nice and laid back. They asked typical interview questions like why I wanted to work there and went over what the job would consist of. I was offered the job on the spot. Great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a customer was upset and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego in May 2009.

I received an email and phone call from supervisor of the department to schedule an appointment. I was interviewed by two people within the department. It consisted of a formal sheet/ what seemed like a universal list of behavioral and typical interview questions, such as "Tell me about a time you had a group conflict." Immediately after the interview the two hiring me consulted with each other and I was hired on the spot.

Publicist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego in September 2008.

Went in with significant resume/job experience (10+ years). Hiring manager kept cell phone headset in throughout interview. Assistant asked majority of questions, which seemed to be for lower-level position. "Do you have any tattoos or piercings we should know about?" Almost left at that point.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you've had to solve a problem at work.   View Answer
    • Do you have any tattoos or piercings we should know about?   View Answer

It was the first time a job interview had completely turned me off to the organization. Got the feeling they hadn't bothered to read my resume and didn't really listen to my answers. (It wasn't a conversation - following the questions was like trying to watch the ball at a tennis match.) Though the job description was significant, the interview process let me to believe I should have been interviewing for the hiring manager's position. Even wondered after if the headset thing or the low-level questions were a test to see how I would handle it. Fortunately, a better offer came in at the same time.

Senior Keeper Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zoological Society of San Diego in January 2008.

The interview went rather smoothly with 5 individuals. questions were asked relating to job knowledge and background. questions asked were how you would handle situations not only with animals but also co workers. very relaxed setting.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if two co-workers explained how to do something in a different way?   Answer Question
    • how would handle an animal if it was reluctant to move from one location to another?   Answer Question