ZoomInfo

Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.9

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ZoomInfo in June 2014.

In my experience (2 visits, 2 phone calls), there was just a distinct lack of passion and excitement among the people I spoke with -- about the company, about the mission, even about what sounded like some pretty interesting strategic changes ahead. I'd have expected, particularly for the more senior folks, to pick up on some real enthusiasm for what lay ahead...but nope. Add to that the moribund "vibe" in the office, and you'll understand why I didn't want to go any further. :)

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions I encountered were purely based on my background, seemingly aimed to gauge my chops. Nothing situational, etc.   View Answer

ZoomInfo Response

Sep 3, 2014Director of HR

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback on the interview process. We pride ourselves on a fun environment and will pass this information along to the appropriate person.

We wish you the best of
    ... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZoomInfo in February 2014.

The interview process at ZoomInfo was extremely organized, which showed my time was well respected. After I submitted my resume, a recruiter reached out to me to set up a phone interview/screening. After that, she reached back out to me in a timely manner to set up an onsite interview. The interview took about two hours, and I met one on one with some of the members of the marketing team. During my interview I felt like I was able to have a conversation and discuss my strengths, instead of being grilled like I had been during several other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions (to be fair though, I was overly prepared. My goal was to never be caught off-guard and I put hours into my preparation).   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZoomInfo.

Came in when they transitioned from Eliyon to Zoom Information. Phone screen, onsite interview with HR and Managers with a peer or 2.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, you are compensated well and backed by sales management. Eric Osborne is top notch and has been there as the company has grown. Always available to coach, help close, and keep things concise and "net." Enjoyed the experience.   Answer Question

New Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZoomInfo in March 2012.

The hiring process is for either a new business rep or a retention and growth rep is pretty straight forward. If you're selected, you'll first speak to the head of the HR department to discuss your background as well as the position to make sure you're a fit. if you are, then you'll proceed to speak with the VP of Sales to discuss your sales background, your feelings on prospecting and cold calling. There are in-bound leads, but the vast majority of your time is spent prospecting, so experience cold calling and prospecting across multiple industry verticals will certainly help you in the interview. You'll meet with multiple people in the interview (maybe as many as 4-5) but it might be the CFO, senior sales reps etc. They'll follow up on your sales experience as well. You should get an answer pretty quick, but generally they wont bring you in if they didnt think you were a good fit. Just to be prepared to prospect, and if you dont want that, then this job is 100% not for you.

Interview Questions
    • Just the usual interview question about naming a time you hit adversity and how you dealt with it? Trying to incorporate that with the actual job is hard, so you might get a crap question like that. Other than that, the interview process will be very conversational, so let your guard down a little.   Answer Question
    No difficult. They have a base for new hires that is set on your experience level, but that arent too different for any new hires. Then you have a pretty generous comp and bonus plan.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZoomInfo in June 2011.

I had submitted my resume in the past, and never heard from them. I finally sent my resume to them again, and even had a phone screen within 2 days. This was a very usual phone screen with why are you leaving, what do you do now, some java questions, etc. This still never led to a face to face interview, so I don't even know what their office looks like. The recruiter said they moved onto other candidates.

Now just recently, a new recruiter to the company called me to ask if I would interested in a position there. I explained that I had talked with them before, and nothing ever became of it, so I would NOT be sending my resume to them. It turns out that the reason they didn't talk to me any more is because it would not be a good cultural fit.

I did feel bad about this, but only very briefly ... after reading the reviews about Zoom Info here on Glassdoor, I find that being rejected by ZoomInfo is actually better. I know that if if I did go there, I would regret it. Do yourself a favor and read the reviews here before you accept an offer.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at ZoomInfo in February 2010.

Phone interviews and met with VP of Sales and other sales guys for first rounds.
    Then had to meet CEO and CFO not sure why an inside sales guy needs to get the OK from the CFO
    The VP of Sales should have the control here of who he hires.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZoomInfo in April 2008.

Took some time. But they did it.

Less money

Worked for ZoomInfo? Contribute to the Community!