Zoombezi Bay

Relevance Date Difficulty

Food and Beverage Interview

Food and Beverage
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zoombezi Bay in January 2012.

Interview Details – I participated in one of the Zoo's mass interview sessions. You sit in a giant room and fill out paper work while you wait for a first interview. This first interview is just a few questions to decide what department you should interview for. You are then sent to another building to interview with the manager of the specific department. This process takes a few hours, and if they hire you then you fill out paperwork and attend an orientation for all zoo employees and then a separate orientation for your department.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was asking if I had any experience what so ever as a teenager applying for my first job.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard
Powell, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zoombezi Bay.

Interview Details – Interview was held on the spot at one of the job fairs (at the Columbus Zoo). Did not require a resume, only the application which was required to be filled out to attend the job fair.

Once you enter the room you are greeted by HR specialists who make sure you have everything you need, and then have you sit in a line of chairs according to which position you would like. The interview itself consisted of a group interview, which seemed to be used to screen out anyone who was extremely unqualified with questions about whether or not you can swim, why you want to be a lifeguard, and whether or not you could speak loud and clear to gain control of guests at the water park.

This was my fist real job so I had few experiences to put on my application, other than involvement in high school sports and activities. As long as you show that you are seemingly qualified to be responsible enough to monitor guests in the water park, and personable enough to interact with and instruct others on a daily basis, you should be fine.

Interview Question – Would you be able to clearly communicate with guests and take control while speaking over the sound of rushing water near you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, but the position has a higher starting pay than the majority of their seasonal positions.

Worked for Zoombezi Bay? Contribute to the Community!