Zoran

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Zoran in May 2010.

Interview Details – Write a program which accepts a filename as a command line argument and reverses the contents of the file( ie first character

becomes the last character of the file and so on)

Input: The program takes the file name whose content should be reversed.

Output: The program reverses the contents of the file.

Interview Question – Write a program which accepts a filename as a command line argument and reverses the contents of the file( ie first character

becomes the last character of the file and so on)

Input: The program takes the file name whose content should be reversed.

Output: The program reverses the contents of the file.
  View Answer

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zoran in April 2009.

Interview Details – recruiter

Negotiation Details – non negotiation

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

ASIC Verification Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zoran in June 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. That consisted of an explanation of the position and questions about my background and goals, but no technical questions. Then came two rounds of on-site interviews, each about 4 hours long. The first interviews were with the hiring manager and some of his team, and the second round was with people higher up in the company. Both rounds involved technical and non-technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the five stages of a classic RISC pipeline?   View Answers (2)
  • Write the base-11 representation of the decimal number 175.   View Answers (2)
  • You have 2 pieces of rope, each of which burns from one end to the other in 30 minutes (no matter which end is lit). If different pieces touch, the flame will transfer from one to the other. You cannot assume any rope properties that were not stated. Given only 1 match, can you time 45 minutes?   View Answers (46)
  • How would you implement a full-adder, both with and without carry-in?   View Answer

Can't Say Interview

Can't Say
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Zoran in May 2010.

Interview Details – The entire process lasted a long time. 5 weeks from application to offer. Looked like they were not sure on what the exact role would be. Might be because the hiring manager and the department manager has different roles in mind.

Interview Question – What have you done yourself..... this was the basic theme. They liked the "I' answer over the "we"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Design Verication Engineer Interview

Design Verication Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Zoran in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring manager waffled a lot in setting up interview and was late for my appointment. I spent a while in the lobby. Interview was just with the hiring manager and consisted of a lot of questions regarding my background, Perl scripts, make files, C code. He asked a few technical questions, which were more like puzzles than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given 3 consective numbers, the biggest and smallest are primes. Prove the number in the middle is divisible by 6.   View Answers (3)
  • How do I convert 8300 to hex?   View Answer
  • You are given a C function Rand5() which returns a uniform distribution of a random number between 1 & 5. Using this function, create a function Rand7() which returns a uniform distribution of a random number between 1 & 7.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Zoran in October 2009.

Interview Details – Questions on operating systems, mutex, semaphores

Interview Question – What is a semaphore ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Zoran in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by technical staff. Asked the standard question: "Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?". Knowledgeable interviewer in the engineering industry. Did not pass interview because did not meet enough of the requirements that they were looking for. Very nice personality.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with operating systems and compilers?   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zoran in June 2009.

Interview Details – very fast recruiting decisions are made...but there are 2 -3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• How will manage the 2 caches when there is a DMA request to main memory?   Answer Question
  • You are receiving a bit stream in block sizes=1 byte. Our data is marked by starting 4 bytes = 'AA BB CC DD' but there could 0-32 bits of noise before it and the whole stream could be shifted right by that many places. How do you extract the data you want?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not there yet.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zoran in June 2007.

Interview Details – Series of 1 on 1 interviews; some basic math questions, digital circuit design questions (setup and hold, combinational logic). Less discusion of experience than in other inverviews (though this could have been specific to the people I was talking to, and that I was a recent graduate).

Interview Question – Analise setup and hold in a 2 register pipeline, taking into account minimum and maximum setup/hold times, individual clock skew on each register, and combinational delay (minimum and maximum) between the registers   View Answer

IT Infrastructure Manager Interview

IT Infrastructure Manager

Interviewed at Zoran

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process took a long time , including technical and other tests.
There were 3 interviews at least :initial meeting ,technical interview , psychometrics tests, management interview

Interview Question – Questions about high level storage and linux/unix management , networking   Answer Question

Worked for Zoran? Contribute to the Community!