Zoran Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Verication Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoran in June 2010.

Hiring manager waffled a lot in setting up interview and was late for my appointment. I spent a while in the lobby. Interview was just with the hiring manager and consisted of a lot of questions regarding my background, Perl scripts, make files, C code. He asked a few technical questions, which were more like puzzles than technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given 3 consective numbers, the biggest and smallest are primes. Prove the number in the middle is divisible by 6.   View Answers (3)
    • How do I convert 8300 to hex?   View Answer
    • You are given a C function Rand5() which returns a uniform distribution of a random number between 1 & 5. Using this function, create a function Rand7() which returns a uniform distribution of a random number between 1 & 7.   View Answer

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zoran in June 2010.

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. That consisted of an explanation of the position and questions about my background and goals, but no technical questions. Then came two rounds of on-site interviews, each about 4 hours long. The first interviews were with the hiring manager and some of his team, and the second round was with people higher up in the company. Both rounds involved technical and non-technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are the five stages of a classic RISC pipeline?   View Answers (2)
    • Write the base-11 representation of the decimal number 175.   View Answers (2)
    • You have 2 pieces of rope, each of which burns from one end to the other in 30 minutes (no matter which end is lit). If different pieces touch, the flame will transfer from one to the other. You cannot assume any rope properties that were not stated. Given only 1 match, can you time 45 minutes?   View Answers (46)
    • How would you implement a full-adder, both with and without carry-in?   View Answer

Can't Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Zoran in May 2010.

The entire process lasted a long time. 5 weeks from application to offer. Looked like they were not sure on what the exact role would be. Might be because the hiring manager and the department manager has different roles in mind.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done yourself..... this was the basic theme. They liked the "I' answer over the "we"   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zoran in May 2010.

becomes the last character of the file and so on)

Input: The program takes the file name whose content should be reversed.

Output: The program reverses the contents of the file.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program which accepts a filename as a command line argument and reverses the contents of the file( ie first character

becomes the last character of the file and so on)

Input: The program takes the file name whose content should be reversed.

Output: The program reverses the contents of the file.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zoran in June 2009.

very fast recruiting decisions are made...but there are 2 -3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will manage the 2 caches when there is a DMA request to main memory?   Answer Question
    • You are receiving a bit stream in block sizes=1 byte. Our data is marked by starting 4 bytes = 'AA BB CC DD' but there could 0-32 bits of noise before it and the whole stream could be shifted right by that many places. How do you extract the data you want?   Answer Question
    not there yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zoran in April 2009.

recruiter