Zoup! Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zoup!

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Zoup!.

I saw an AD on Craigslist that Zoup! was hiring (it was a new location) and I sent in my resume. About 4 days later I got a call asking if I could come for an interview. Came in 2 days later, I thought the interview went well. They asked basic questions such as "What is an example of good customer service you have gotten." and also asked me what my favorite soup was and if I have ever been to a Zoup! location before.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy, nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Solon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zoup! in October 2012.

For myself, the interview process was easy. Had I know I would be taken advantage of, I would have made all arrangements in writing.

As for the rest of the staff; basic interview questions are given and then they are "offered" an opportunity to work for a couple of days to see if they are a fit. This, of course, is under the table and the owner essentially thinks no new employees are good ones and they are only kept on until replacements are found.

Interview Questions
    • There were so few questions even asked that they were all expected and not very difficult.   Answer Question

Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zoup! in April 2011.

Roughly ten of us were brought in at the same time for the same position. We all sat around a conference table and were introduced to Eric and other HQ leadership. One by one we then had to introduce ourselves, tell everyone of a personal accomplishment of which we are proud, and then briefly describe the single key characteristic we thought important for this type of work. Eric and the others disappeared for a bit, then returned and asked five of us to another, smaller conference room. The others were thanked and released. Now it was round-robin time. Each of us were separated into different rooms and Eric and the (3) others each took six minutes with us one-on-one. They asked a specific question (mostly, how would you go about making travel reservations) and we responded and tried to sell ourselves in the very short amount of time. While I understand being busy reduces one time and this was the reason for the rushed interviewing procedure, it worries me that Zoup leadership is not concerned with investing the proper time to truly get to know a new potential team member. Otherwise, everyone was polite and professional. Am glad I was not accepted for the position but wish whoever did land the position the absolute best of luck.

Interview Questions
    • no high level questions. Just, a very speedy review of work history and a quick question or two such as "How would you make me some travel arrangements".   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zoup!.

Got in touch over e-mail application, very typical interview questions for a part time job.

Interview Questions
    • Something you've done that was above and beyond the job description   Answer Question

Worked for Zoup!? Contribute to the Community!