Zumiez

Zumiez Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez.

Walked in store, spoke with one employee, told me to fill out an application online and set up an interview for me with the store manager the following week. Hired on the spot. However, the following paperwork online took hours! Everything should go back to being on old fashioned paper.

Interview Questions
  • What color would best describe me and why?   View Answer
  • Name two personal strengths & two weaknesses/opportunities...   View Answer
There wasn't one really. Pay wasn't negotiable even though I had been paid almost 3$ more at my most recent job.

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zumiez in May 2010.

I was contacted the day after I handed In my application and we set up an interview for the following week. I was interviewed by the store manager who was very nice and made the interview comfortable. He asked me basic questions about being a manager with a big focus on selling.After asking me questions he preceded to tell me about how awesome the company is.The interview took about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How would you keep sales associates motivated?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zumiez in July 2009.

I met with the regional manager in the mall where Zumiez was opening a new store. We spoke for about an hour and really hit it off. I was hired on the spot. In a way I gave her a bit of an education because I had significantly more experience with the products I would be selling and a better feel for the demographics of their new location.

Interview Questions
    • Would i be comfortable selling ladies swimwear.   View Answer
    I was offered $10 per hour and was able to bump it up to $11. They try to entice you with their whole commission structure which turns out to be peanuts once you start working and realize what it takes to make any money there.