Zumiez

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview Details – Walked in store, spoke with one employee, told me to fill out an application online and set up an interview for me with the store manager the following week. Hired on the spot. However, the following paperwork online took hours! Everything should go back to being on old fashioned paper.

Interview Questions

• What color would best describe me and why?   View Answer
  • Name two personal strengths & two weaknesses/opportunities...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one really. Pay wasn't negotiable even though I had been paid almost 3$ more at my most recent job.

Newport News, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted the day after I handed In my application and we set up an interview for the following week. I was interviewed by the store manager who was very nice and made the interview comfortable. He asked me basic questions about being a manager with a big focus on selling.After asking me questions he preceded to tell me about how awesome the company is.The interview took about thirty minutes.

Interview Question – How would you keep sales associates motivated?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2009.

Interview Details – I met with the regional manager in the mall where Zumiez was opening a new store. We spoke for about an hour and really hit it off. I was hired on the spot. In a way I gave her a bit of an education because I had significantly more experience with the products I would be selling and a better feel for the demographics of their new location.

Interview Question – Would i be comfortable selling ladies swimwear.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $10 per hour and was able to bump it up to $11. They try to entice you with their whole commission structure which turns out to be peanuts once you start working and realize what it takes to make any money there.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zumiez

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zumiez Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zumiez employees and interview candidates.