Zumiez Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview was with the store manager and district manager. It was in the food court of the mall I was applying at. The store manager asked most of the questions and the district manager observed. It was very casual and easy going.

Interview Questions

• You have yourself and one sales associate on the floor, there are 3 hours left in the day, you have 3 boxes of freight and $300 to make goal, what do you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Walked in store, spoke with one employee, told me to fill out an application online and set up an interview for me with the store manager the following week. Hired on the spot. However, the following paperwork online took hours! Everything should go back to being on old fashioned paper.

Interview Questions

• What color would best describe me and why?   1 Answer
    • Name two personal strengths & two weaknesses/opportunities...   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one really. Pay wasn't negotiable even though I had been paid almost 3$ more at my most recent job.

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zumiez (Newport News, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I handed In my application and we set up an interview for the following week. I was interviewed by the store manager who was very nice and made the interview comfortable. He asked me basic questions about being a manager with a big focus on selling.After asking me questions he preceded to tell me about how awesome the company is.The interview took about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep sales associates motivated?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zumiez in July 2009.

Interview

I met with the regional manager in the mall where Zumiez was opening a new store. We spoke for about an hour and really hit it off. I was hired on the spot. In a way I gave her a bit of an education because I had significantly more experience with the products I would be selling and a better feel for the demographics of their new location.

Interview Questions

• Would i be comfortable selling ladies swimwear.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered $10 per hour and was able to bump it up to $11. They try to entice you with their whole commission structure which turns out to be peanuts once you start working and realize what it takes to make any money there.