Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview over all was very fun! There were 4 of us and we broke off into little groups. And they asked me some questions like why did you apply to Zumiez and why you want to work there. Then we did some activities. Which was super fun. We had to pick an outfit out for the manager or who ever was interviewing us. Then we had to sell a product to them. It was very laid back and fun. What to wear, somthing from Zumiez or causal. Don't be late, I'd show up early. And be confidant

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Weirdest interview of my life. I was called in to a group interview and instead of just asking us questions they made us sing and dance and play games with super complicated rules. I'm pretty sure I did terrible because I felt awkward dancing and singing in front of a group of strangers and even though I know retail is all about being outgoing I don't see what dancing and singing had to do with it. Anyway, once we concluded all the "games" we were each giving an individual interview in, what I can only call a closet, with one light bulb hanging from the ceiling and two of the managers. It was such a tight fit that we were all basically on top of each other and I felt very uncomfortable. I answered their questions in a hurry just to get out of there and then I left. I got a call back a few days later but I missed it and I never called back because even if they were offering me a job I didn't want it after the bizarre interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about Zumiez?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The hiring process was quite lengthy but it was very interesting, fun and rewarding in the end. I applied to Zumiez in the middle of October. I applied to 3 different ones around my area. Luckily for me, about 3 weeks later i a got a call scheduling me in for a group interview for 2 out of 3 Zumiez that I've applied too. My first interview was conducted as a 1 on 1 interview with the 2nd Assistant Manager. He asked me a few basic questions like what would i do if i suspected someone of shop lifting, along with what's the best thing i should have working at Zumiez. I got a call back a few days later with a job offer. I was so happy you dont even know. The next day i was scheduled in for another interview at another Zumiez near by. This interview was a group interview which contained 7 other people, the Assistant Manager and the General manager. They asked us to do a few activites in groups. The first one was an open ended question relay where we had to ask the most open ended questions using a topic they gave us. Then in the same groups they gave us a product and we had to make an infomercial about the product trying to sale it. You have to be creative with it. We got a shoe so i came up with a few creative ideas of my own. At the end of that they recognized me as the only one who actually convinced them of buying it. At the end saying by, they remembered my name and no one elses lol. But the next day, i got a call back with them telling my i was phenomenal and outstanding interview and they wanted me in their store. I accepted the offer right away. Thank god the Manager was also the District Manager. I ended up working at both stores.

Interview Questions

• None really. You just honestly need to show them the real you. Be fun, enthusiastic and silly. As long as they remember you, you're good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They're starting me off at 9.25, but depending on how i do, they'll raise it to 9.50. Never had a job so that's a lot for me :D

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zumiez in November 2014.

Interview

Apply Online. Up to person to either go in and speak to manager or to wait for a response. Interview was based on retail sales history, knowledge of the store and personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to sell the apparel to someone who is "Just Looking"?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez in November 2014.

Interview

A few months back I had applied online and they didn't get back to me until I'd say 2 weeks. They didn't contact me, I had to to contact them 2 times. The first to hand in a resume and formerly introduce myself and the second to call and ask if they were still hiring, seeing as they didn't contact me at all after they said they would be holding interviews that Sunday. I backed them into a corner so to speak and I was scheduled for a group interview on Sunday. It was a fun experience, the managers are really laid back, cussing, and sharing some of their person experiences. They obviously proffered people with certain looks like tattoo's or crazy hair colors. Basically people that wore their products, and their image. People wore suits, cm'on are you kidding me? suits? No, Don't do that, it looked weird and not in the way that they were looking for. The people that commanded the most attention were people that had the grungy look of their store. It also helps to know how to sell things, and for god's sake, don't be quiet, show them you're passionate about their products. I declined the job simply because the ambiance of the store was,"We're friends but we sometimes steal sales from each other," and that just didn't sit right with me. Also do not go into the store thinking it's just a job, you need to know their products, you need to know how to sell, you don't just sit behind a counter and twiddle your hair in Walmart and shrug when a customer asks you a question about a product. If you're ONLY in it for the money, don't bother, you will not get hired. And even if you somehow fake it through the interview, you can't be fake forever.

Interview Questions

• Pick an item from the store and sell it to me   1 Answer

Meh, it seemed like the employee's in the zumiez I applied to would back stab new employee's. Not saying that all Zumiez employee's are stupidly fiercely competitive, just in my area.

Second Assistant/Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview was very basic. This is a job targeted towards kids so it isn't difficult. They have you answer questions one might think is silly but there is a reason for it. If you move on to a second interview it is with a group where you are competing against them essentially. You have to be able to think on your feet and answer open ended questions. The culture is fun but competitive.

Interview Questions

• If you had a super power what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay will pretty much be the same for everyone. The more you sell the more you make.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Went in to drop off resume, manager told me to apply online as well. TIP:Act like this is the only store you'll ever try to apply to, and you'll probably get a job there. They looove hearing "Zumiez is the best store ever, who wouldn't want to work here?" when they ask you why you want to work there. If you go in and bug them enough, they also like it. Helps them remember you, and shows you can't be stopped when you want to get something (likewise when you want to sell something). But basically he told me to come in the next day after I couldn't make it to the interview and hired me on the spot, which was awesome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is commission based, so no negotiation or wiggle room.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez (Sugar Land, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 9 people. We came up with team names and chants. They asked us questions about ourselves and what we thought we could bring to the company. We did this one activity where we had to keep asking the manager open ended questions, like questions without a yes or no answer. Then we had to demonstrate how we would sell them our phone.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zumiez (Mesquite, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I apoliedy online,and about a week later I got a call from the manager.She asked me a few pre-interview questions,then called me in for a interview later in the day.I arrived a few minutes early,and she interviewed me outside the store.She basically asked my work experience, availability, why do I want to work here,tell me about yourself,any days I would not be able to work.She told me she would call if she was interested, but she never called back.I didn't really want to work there, so I kinda slacked off the whole interview.