Zumiez

Very Easy Interview

Sales Kid Interview

Sales Kid
Gilroy, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with no one on one time unless you were actually getting hired. I got the job by dancing obnoxiously during the last "portion" where the managers were talking to each other. Afterwards, they called the people in to the store that they were considering.

Interview Question – n/a, only question was if I was excited that I got the job   Answer Question

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2014.

Interview Details – It was a group interview of about 9 people. We came up with team names and chants. They asked us questions about ourselves and what we thought we could bring to the company. We did this one activity where we had to keep asking the manager open ended questions, like questions without a yes or no answer. Then we had to demonstrate how we would sell them our phone.

Interview Question – How would you sell me your phone?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Mesquite, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2014.

Interview Details – I apoliedy online,and about a week later I got a call from the manager.She asked me a few pre-interview questions,then called me in for a interview later in the day.I arrived a few minutes early,and she interviewed me outside the store.She basically asked my work experience, availability, why do I want to work here,tell me about yourself,any days I would not be able to work.She told me she would call if she was interested, but she never called back.I didn't really want to work there, so I kinda slacked off the whole interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Salinas, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Zumiez in April 2014.

Interview Details – I went in and asked if they were hiring one day and the manager in the store said he could interview me the next day. The interview process was very relaxed and the manager was a very nice guy. He really wants to make you feel like you're talking to a friend and not a boss. I noticed They are mainly looking for people who know how to put their critical thinking skills to good use and to really think outside of the box. They ask really interesting questions that you wouldn't think would be in a normal interview like "If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?". When I was through with my interview, I thought it went really well and the manager complimented me on some of my answers to his questions. He told me that there weren't any spots available, but once one opens up that the he would definitely call. He never called me back, but it was still an interesting interview experience nonetheless.

Interview Question – If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?   Answer Question

Sales Person Interview

Sales Person
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zumiez in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got called for an interview about 3 days later, went to the interview and we met outside the store in the middle of the mall at a table, the interview took about 15 minutes and wasn't too challenging or serious.

Interview Question – Sell me the outfit you're wearing.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview Details – I only interview once, for a phone interview. The person who called me was really nice. He was the manager of the department and told me they wanted to hire quite a few people this year.

Interview Question – The questions were quite typical and general. He asked my previous experience, what did I do during the internship, why applied. The questions are quite detailed.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Operator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview Details – Hiring was quick and easy. Initially the company was a wreck being that they had just opened the warehouse in Corona, Ca other than that it was a very up and down company trying to put policies into place.

Negotiation Details – Since I was looking for a full time job with benefits it was a simple yes for me.

First Assistant Manager Interview

First Assistant Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zumiez in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very relaxed. Most of the time was spent talking about hobbies and interests

Interview Question – No difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was given a wage and accepted

Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2010.

Interview Details – At my particular location, they conducted group interviews. The group interview was conducted outside of the mall. The first thing we did was introduce ourselves. The first test came in at this time and the hiring manager asked each person to either 1. dance 2. sing 3. reenact their favorite scene from a movie. When we were told this, five people left. After this task, we were divided into groups and asked to make a skit including a product sold at the store. Our task was to show how we would sell the particular item to customers. Out of the group of about 15 people, I was hired with two other people. We were hired as temps and could work our way to being on a permanent schedule (if we interacted with customers well, met sales goals, etc.).

Interview Question – Sing your current favorite song.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview Details – I applied and just kept on checking back with the store manager. There was only a single interview done. Most of the questions weren't serious but more about how creative you can be as an individual. The attire I wore was casual skate wear as that's the kind of shop it is.

Interview Question – Where would I hide a giraffe?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating really. It's a minimum wage paying job with the potential to grow into a more serious career.

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!