Zumiez Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
49 interviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Zumiez.

Went in to drop off resume, manager told me to apply online as well. TIP:Act like this is the only store you'll ever try to apply to, and you'll probably get a job there. They looove hearing "Zumiez is the best store ever, who wouldn't want to work here?" when they ask you why you want to work there. If you go in and bug them enough, they also like it. Helps them remember you, and shows you can't be stopped when you want to get something (likewise when you want to sell something). But basically he told me to come in the next day after I couldn't make it to the interview and hired me on the spot, which was awesome.

Interview Questions
    Pay is commission based, so no negotiation or wiggle room.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in November 2010.

I applied online and got called into fill out a physical application in store (slightly tedious). The men working were very nice and encouraging we spoke briefly about being from the Bay Area. I don't know if that calls for an interview but I had gotten a call back within the next week to attend a scheduling meeting! Awesome

Sales Kid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gilroy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2010.

It was a group interview with no one on one time unless you were actually getting hired. I got the job by dancing obnoxiously during the last "portion" where the managers were talking to each other. Afterwards, they called the people in to the store that they were considering.

Interview Questions
    • n/a, only question was if I was excited that I got the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2014.

It was a group interview of about 9 people. We came up with team names and chants. They asked us questions about ourselves and what we thought we could bring to the company. We did this one activity where we had to keep asking the manager open ended questions, like questions without a yes or no answer. Then we had to demonstrate how we would sell them our phone.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2014.

I apoliedy online,and about a week later I got a call from the manager.She asked me a few pre-interview questions,then called me in for a interview later in the day.I arrived a few minutes early,and she interviewed me outside the store.She basically asked my work experience, availability, why do I want to work here,tell me about yourself,any days I would not be able to work.She told me she would call if she was interested, but she never called back.I didn't really want to work there, so I kinda slacked off the whole interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Zumiez in April 2014.

I went in and asked if they were hiring one day and the manager in the store said he could interview me the next day. The interview process was very relaxed and the manager was a very nice guy. He really wants to make you feel like you're talking to a friend and not a boss. I noticed They are mainly looking for people who know how to put their critical thinking skills to good use and to really think outside of the box. They ask really interesting questions that you wouldn't think would be in a normal interview like "If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?". When I was through with my interview, I thought it went really well and the manager complimented me on some of my answers to his questions. He told me that there weren't any spots available, but once one opens up that the he would definitely call. He never called me back, but it was still an interesting interview experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?   Answer Question

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zumiez in January 2014.

Applied online and got called for an interview about 3 days later, went to the interview and we met outside the store in the middle of the mall at a table, the interview took about 15 minutes and wasn't too challenging or serious.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zumiez.

I only interview once, for a phone interview. The person who called me was really nice. He was the manager of the department and told me they wanted to hire quite a few people this year.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite typical and general. He asked my previous experience, what did I do during the internship, why applied. The questions are quite detailed.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez.

Hiring was quick and easy. Initially the company was a wreck being that they had just opened the warehouse in Corona, Ca other than that it was a very up and down company trying to put policies into place.

Since I was looking for a full time job with benefits it was a simple yes for me.

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!