Zumiez

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Average Difficulty
46 candidate interviews

Riverside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in April 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty cool guy. Asked me some questions why i wanted the job and why i will do good well here.

Interview Question – You are 16 right?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Newport News, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted the day after I handed In my application and we set up an interview for the following week. I was interviewed by the store manager who was very nice and made the interview comfortable. He asked me basic questions about being a manager with a big focus on selling.After asking me questions he preceded to tell me about how awesome the company is.The interview took about thirty minutes.

Interview Question – How would you keep sales associates motivated?   View Answer

Columbia, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, we sat outside by Starbucks and the interview consisted of different parts. We started by listing our name why we want to work at Zumiez and a random fact about ourselves. Next we played a "question" game where the manager made a statement and we had to ask open ended questions until we couldn't think of any. Next we were asked to pitch a sale of something were wearing to the manager. Finally, we were asked to state 3 Strengths and Weaknesses. The manager also said that some interviews they have to do a song or chant but he decided not to make us do that.

Interview Question – What are 3 weaknesses you have?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was called in for a group interview with 6 people. They asked various kinds of questions, and all were optional to answer. It took about 2 hours.

Interview Question – What is something that you regret doing?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Everett, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with two individuals and then one on-site interview

Interview Question – Standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got a call back about 2 months after for a group interview. The manager told me to wear what I would wear to work for the first day. The group interview was after the store had closed and they made us wait outside for about 20 minutes after the schedule interview time. They brought us inside, having us empty our pockets (probably as a precaution). The interview itself was only about 30 minutes. The 2 managers had us go around in a circle, say our names, and 2 hobbies. Then we had a speed round of teams of where we were given a subject and had to ask questions that the customer could not answer in yes/no form (i.e. How are you today?). After we were asked to find 2 items in the store and use the "5C"s to sell them to the managers. We were then given paper and pens to write a letter to the head manager of why we wanted this job and why we were perfect for it. The vibe of the store was a bit different and if you don't look like them, you pretty much didn't get a job. The store is based solely on looks and acting out to get compensation.

Interview Question – I've never done a group interview in my life, so it was a new experience. It was hard to not get to know the people you're competing against for a job.   View Answer

Logistics Analyst Interview

Logistics Analyst
Corona, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in March 2012.

Interview Details – I met some of the senior managers at a store I used to manage. I got a card, called the Logistics Manager, and a week later, I had an interview. The first interview was a 1 on 1, where we talked college course work, prior experience, professional aspirations. Then we took a tour around the DC, and afterward I was asked what changes I would make to improve business flow and logistics. The overall interview was positive, easy, and lasted about 2 hours, mostly just talking the state of the industry. The 2nd interview, about another week later, was a panel interview where other managers and supervisors would interview you as well. I feel this was more of a professional culture interview. It focused on past work scenarios, how you handle stress, gossip at work, what your work ethic is like, and prior employment. The attitude varied from person to person. Some were very cold, some were very excited to see me. 2 days later, an offer was made, with no room for salary negotiations (take it or leave it thing).

Interview Question – If hired, what would you do to improve logistics and product flow?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't given the option to negotiate. It was a "take it or leave it" deal.

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Accounting Supervisor
Lynnwood, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in October 2013.

Interview Details – I enjoyed the interview process, everyone was very candid and open and honest with the company and the position. It was great to take a tour of the corporate office and see what the environment would have been like. The one on one with the Controller was great, she was very transparent. The group interview the next phase was great too, the team seemed like a really great group to work with.

Interview Question – It is dumb, but I got thrown by "what is your favorite brand of shoe" I love shoes and have way too many for my own good. Should have been on it and came to the table with a Zumiez type shoe, I didn't ;)   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zumiez in April 2012.

Interview Details – 7 step interview with 2-4 other candidates. Very straightforward questions.

Interview Question – What are some of your opportuinites?   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2010.

Interview Details – At my particular location, they conducted group interviews. The group interview was conducted outside of the mall. The first thing we did was introduce ourselves. The first test came in at this time and the hiring manager asked each person to either 1. dance 2. sing 3. reenact their favorite scene from a movie. When we were told this, five people left. After this task, we were divided into groups and asked to make a skit including a product sold at the store. Our task was to show how we would sell the particular item to customers. Out of the group of about 15 people, I was hired with two other people. We were hired as temps and could work our way to being on a permanent schedule (if we interacted with customers well, met sales goals, etc.).

Interview Question – Sing your current favorite song.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!