Zumiez Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
49 interviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Operator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez.

Hiring was quick and easy. Initially the company was a wreck being that they had just opened the warehouse in Corona, Ca other than that it was a very up and down company trying to put policies into place.

Since I was looking for a full time job with benefits it was a simple yes for me.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in January 2012.

I came in and interviewed with two of the lower level employees. They asked basic questions but most importantly they want to gauge your interest as to how much you are truly into the lifestyle. This I believe, plays a big role on whether or not you get to the next interview. I interviewed three times before accepting the offer, each interview emphasized again, the interest in the culture and a few technical questions about Excel here or there.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zumiez.

I applied at zumiez online and a week later got a call from the manager. We did a phone interview than I was invited to the group interview. There were about 9-10 other people, they asked some questions and then we partnered up and introduced our partners. We also had to come up with a bunch of open ended questions and read off our best one. We were than told the 6 c's and had to grab a clothing item and describe it using the 6 c's. Even though I missed one I was still offered the job. We were all there for almost 2 hours, it was pretty fun tho. Stay confident, smile, and make them laugh.

Manager Interview

The interview process is very unique... be prepared to think on you toes and be creative with your answers. They want to see your ability to think and respond quickly.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any car part which one and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Zumiez.

I was asked if i wanted the position because they thought i would be a good fit and i had friends that worked there (was asked for a seasonal position)

Interview Questions
    • I just applied online and there were no tricky questions. other times they have asked people how you would sell a certain product.   Answer Question

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2010.

Environment: laid back, relaxed, and fun
    Customers: actions sports, music, and urban lifestyle
    Know your gear and know your customer. Be driven but not overbearing.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick Zumiez over any of the other competition?   View Answer
    No negotiation. I asked for "x" amount and they countered it with $9.50 (final offer).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zumiez.

I did not get interviewed at all. I walked in and was talking to the store manager and she asked me if i needed a job and it went from there, with no interview at all.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zumiez.

I started at a different location. The store manager was desperate for an assistant manager and only asked me what my experience was and when I could start. My interview for store manager with the DM was over the phone because they couldn't be bothered to meet face to face.

I was not able to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in December 2013.

It was very laid back i applied online, and the got a call to come in for an interview the interview was very formal but it happened while we walked around the store and the manager completed his duties. He wanted to see if i could think on my feet and keep up with him.

Interview Questions

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!