Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Zumiez.

I was asked if i wanted the position because they thought i would be a good fit and i had friends that worked there (was asked for a seasonal position)

Interview Questions
    • I just applied online and there were no tricky questions. other times they have asked people how you would sell a certain product.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in January 2012.

I came in and interviewed with two of the lower level employees. They asked basic questions but most importantly they want to gauge your interest as to how much you are truly into the lifestyle. This I believe, plays a big role on whether or not you get to the next interview. I interviewed three times before accepting the offer, each interview emphasized again, the interest in the culture and a few technical questions about Excel here or there.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zumiez.

I applied at zumiez online and a week later got a call from the manager. We did a phone interview than I was invited to the group interview. There were about 9-10 other people, they asked some questions and then we partnered up and introduced our partners. We also had to come up with a bunch of open ended questions and read off our best one. We were than told the 6 c's and had to grab a clothing item and describe it using the 6 c's. Even though I missed one I was still offered the job. We were all there for almost 2 hours, it was pretty fun tho. Stay confident, smile, and make them laugh.

Manager Interview

The interview process is very unique... be prepared to think on you toes and be creative with your answers. They want to see your ability to think and respond quickly.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any car part which one and why?   View Answer

Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez.

Hiring was quick and easy. Initially the company was a wreck being that they had just opened the warehouse in Corona, Ca other than that it was a very up and down company trying to put policies into place.

Since I was looking for a full time job with benefits it was a simple yes for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Second Assistant/Keyholder Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Zumiez.

The interview was very basic. This is a job targeted towards kids so it isn't difficult. They have you answer questions one might think is silly but there is a reason for it. If you move on to a second interview it is with a group where you are competing against them essentially. You have to be able to think on your feet and answer open ended questions. The culture is fun but competitive.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a super power what would it be?   View Answer
    The pay will pretty much be the same for everyone. The more you sell the more you make.

Sales Kid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gilroy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2010.

It was a group interview with no one on one time unless you were actually getting hired. I got the job by dancing obnoxiously during the last "portion" where the managers were talking to each other. Afterwards, they called the people in to the store that they were considering.

Interview Questions
    • n/a, only question was if I was excited that I got the job   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in November 2010.

I applied online and got called into fill out a physical application in store (slightly tedious). The men working were very nice and encouraging we spoke briefly about being from the Bay Area. I don't know if that calls for an interview but I had gotten a call back within the next week to attend a scheduling meeting! Awesome

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Zumiez.

Went in to drop off resume, manager told me to apply online as well. TIP:Act like this is the only store you'll ever try to apply to, and you'll probably get a job there. They looove hearing "Zumiez is the best store ever, who wouldn't want to work here?" when they ask you why you want to work there. If you go in and bug them enough, they also like it. Helps them remember you, and shows you can't be stopped when you want to get something (likewise when you want to sell something). But basically he told me to come in the next day after I couldn't make it to the interview and hired me on the spot, which was awesome.

Interview Questions
    Pay is commission based, so no negotiation or wiggle room.

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!