Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Zumiez in April 2014.

The interview process was horrible. Was with a group of 5-6 other people around the same age as me. The girl that was interviewing us was very stuck up and didn't ask any related questions.

Interview Questions

The workers gave me a bad vibe.

Second Assistant/Keyholder Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zumiez.

The interview was very basic. This is a job targeted towards kids so it isn't difficult. They have you answer questions one might think is silly but there is a reason for it. If you move on to a second interview it is with a group where you are competing against them essentially. You have to be able to think on your feet and answer open ended questions. The culture is fun but competitive.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a super power what would it be?   View Answer
    The pay will pretty much be the same for everyone. The more you sell the more you make.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zumiez.

Went in to drop off resume, manager told me to apply online as well. TIP:Act like this is the only store you'll ever try to apply to, and you'll probably get a job there. They looove hearing "Zumiez is the best store ever, who wouldn't want to work here?" when they ask you why you want to work there. If you go in and bug them enough, they also like it. Helps them remember you, and shows you can't be stopped when you want to get something (likewise when you want to sell something). But basically he told me to come in the next day after I couldn't make it to the interview and hired me on the spot, which was awesome.

Interview Questions
    Pay is commission based, so no negotiation or wiggle room.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez in November 2010.

I applied online and got called into fill out a physical application in store (slightly tedious). The men working were very nice and encouraging we spoke briefly about being from the Bay Area. I don't know if that calls for an interview but I had gotten a call back within the next week to attend a scheduling meeting! Awesome

Sales Kid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zumiez in June 2010.

It was a group interview with no one on one time unless you were actually getting hired. I got the job by dancing obnoxiously during the last "portion" where the managers were talking to each other. Afterwards, they called the people in to the store that they were considering.

Interview Questions
    • n/a, only question was if I was excited that I got the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez in July 2014.

It was a group interview of about 9 people. We came up with team names and chants. They asked us questions about ourselves and what we thought we could bring to the company. We did this one activity where we had to keep asking the manager open ended questions, like questions without a yes or no answer. Then we had to demonstrate how we would sell them our phone.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zumiez in June 2014.

I apoliedy online,and about a week later I got a call from the manager.She asked me a few pre-interview questions,then called me in for a interview later in the day.I arrived a few minutes early,and she interviewed me outside the store.She basically asked my work experience, availability, why do I want to work here,tell me about yourself,any days I would not be able to work.She told me she would call if she was interested, but she never called back.I didn't really want to work there, so I kinda slacked off the whole interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zumiez in April 2014.

I went in and asked if they were hiring one day and the manager in the store said he could interview me the next day. The interview process was very relaxed and the manager was a very nice guy. He really wants to make you feel like you're talking to a friend and not a boss. I noticed They are mainly looking for people who know how to put their critical thinking skills to good use and to really think outside of the box. They ask really interesting questions that you wouldn't think would be in a normal interview like "If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?". When I was through with my interview, I thought it went really well and the manager complimented me on some of my answers to his questions. He told me that there weren't any spots available, but once one opens up that the he would definitely call. He never called me back, but it was still an interesting interview experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?   Answer Question

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zumiez in January 2014.

Applied online and got called for an interview about 3 days later, went to the interview and we met outside the store in the middle of the mall at a table, the interview took about 15 minutes and wasn't too challenging or serious.