Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Poughkeepsie, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I went into the store and spoke with the manager about a position. Then I applied online and had an interview with the store manager. Which was super easy, then I had to wait to interview with the district manager. The interview was in the food court of the mall and really laid back. In the end I was hired before my interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses and how could you improve your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

It was a wonderful interview and it was very fun and interactive! Working in retail especially this company you need to be able to communicate effectively and if you can hold conversation and know who you were as an individual, then this job would be wonderful!

Interview Questions

• What was your best customer service experience you have given or had?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Good informational interview, multiple people from different parts of the IT department will be standing in. Took atleast 4 interviews to get the job over a 6 week time frame. To long IMO

Interview Questions

• hardest one: What makes you smart?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone interview, followed by an onsite interview of approximately 2 hours. I felt really good about the phone interview and three individual/group onsite interviews, but probably fell short interviewing with the controller. Knew I was more than qualified for the position, but didn't sell myself well enough..They gave my references a very rigorous set of questions to answer and some of my references were a bit annoyed with some of the questioning. As a side note, they contacted EVERY reference I had listed.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Long and extensive and interactive with obviously questions, it's not so hard as much as trying to get a feel for you because it is such an hectic job

Interview Questions

• How you handle problematic people   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lawrenceville, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

A employee had referred me to an up and coming store manager. We met up at the mall food court and sat and talked for a half hour. It was more laid back and conversational than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about skate? What brands do you wear? What was your past job experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun we took the interview after hours and we were split into two groups and had to make an outfit for a customer than they asked about our personalities and who we are

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview was with the store manager and district manager. It was in the food court of the mall I was applying at. The store manager asked most of the questions and the district manager observed. It was very casual and easy going.

Interview Questions

• You have yourself and one sales associate on the floor, there are 3 hours left in the day, you have 3 boxes of freight and $300 to make goal, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (West Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied and I randomly was called one day. Two days later, I sat in the mall food court with the manager and we had a humorous interview filled with questions of my past management experience and three days after that he called explaining what he thought my strengths were and offered me a job. They e-mail a job offer and then you fill out forms on a computer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to rank how motivated, friendly, competitive, aggressive, etc. I was.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Tacoma, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was done as a group and it was sort of like a mini competition and it wasn't hard at all. You asked open ended questions, learned sale techniques, and did a sales pitch.