Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez in November 2014.

Interview

Apply Online. Up to person to either go in and speak to manager or to wait for a response. Interview was based on retail sales history, knowledge of the store and personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to sell the apparel to someone who is "Just Looking"?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez in November 2014.

Interview

A few months back I had applied online and they didn't get back to me until I'd say 2 weeks. They didn't contact me, I had to to contact them 2 times. The first to hand in a resume and formerly introduce myself and the second to call and ask if they were still hiring, seeing as they didn't contact me at all after they said they would be holding interviews that Sunday. I backed them into a corner so to speak and I was scheduled for a group interview on Sunday. It was a fun experience, the managers are really laid back, cussing, and sharing some of their person experiences. They obviously proffered people with certain looks like tattoo's or crazy hair colors. Basically people that wore their products, and their image. People wore suits, cm'on are you kidding me? suits? No, Don't do that, it looked weird and not in the way that they were looking for. The people that commanded the most attention were people that had the grungy look of their store. It also helps to know how to sell things, and for god's sake, don't be quiet, show them you're passionate about their products. I declined the job simply because the ambiance of the store was,"We're friends but we sometimes steal sales from each other," and that just didn't sit right with me. Also do not go into the store thinking it's just a job, you need to know their products, you need to know how to sell, you don't just sit behind a counter and twiddle your hair in Walmart and shrug when a customer asks you a question about a product. If you're ONLY in it for the money, don't bother, you will not get hired. And even if you somehow fake it through the interview, you can't be fake forever.

Interview Questions

• Pick an item from the store and sell it to me   1 Answer

Meh, it seemed like the employee's in the zumiez I applied to would back stab new employee's. Not saying that all Zumiez employee's are stupidly fiercely competitive, just in my area.

Second Assistant/Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview was very basic. This is a job targeted towards kids so it isn't difficult. They have you answer questions one might think is silly but there is a reason for it. If you move on to a second interview it is with a group where you are competing against them essentially. You have to be able to think on your feet and answer open ended questions. The culture is fun but competitive.

Interview Questions

• If you had a super power what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay will pretty much be the same for everyone. The more you sell the more you make.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Went in to drop off resume, manager told me to apply online as well. TIP:Act like this is the only store you'll ever try to apply to, and you'll probably get a job there. They looove hearing "Zumiez is the best store ever, who wouldn't want to work here?" when they ask you why you want to work there. If you go in and bug them enough, they also like it. Helps them remember you, and shows you can't be stopped when you want to get something (likewise when you want to sell something). But basically he told me to come in the next day after I couldn't make it to the interview and hired me on the spot, which was awesome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is commission based, so no negotiation or wiggle room.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lawrenceville, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

A employee had referred me to an up and coming store manager. We met up at the mall food court and sat and talked for a half hour. It was more laid back and conversational than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about skate? What brands do you wear? What was your past job experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Sugar Land, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 9 people. We came up with team names and chants. They asked us questions about ourselves and what we thought we could bring to the company. We did this one activity where we had to keep asking the manager open ended questions, like questions without a yes or no answer. Then we had to demonstrate how we would sell them our phone.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Mesquite, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I apoliedy online,and about a week later I got a call from the manager.She asked me a few pre-interview questions,then called me in for a interview later in the day.I arrived a few minutes early,and she interviewed me outside the store.She basically asked my work experience, availability, why do I want to work here,tell me about yourself,any days I would not be able to work.She told me she would call if she was interested, but she never called back.I didn't really want to work there, so I kinda slacked off the whole interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Tacoma, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was done as a group and it was sort of like a mini competition and it wasn't hard at all. You asked open ended questions, learned sale techniques, and did a sales pitch.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

I only interview once, for a phone interview. The person who called me was really nice. He was the manager of the department and told me they wanted to hire quite a few people this year.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite typical and general. He asked my previous experience, what did I do during the internship, why applied. The questions are quite detailed.   Answer Question