Zumiez

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inventory Analyst Interview

Inventory Analyst
Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in January 2012.

Interview Details – I came in and interviewed with two of the lower level employees. They asked basic questions but most importantly they want to gauge your interest as to how much you are truly into the lifestyle. This I believe, plays a big role on whether or not you get to the next interview. I interviewed three times before accepting the offer, each interview emphasized again, the interest in the culture and a few technical questions about Excel here or there.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Seaside, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2009.

Interview Details – Getting an interview came pretty quick after applying. It was a group interview though which surprised me, and by group i mean 12-15 people! They made us get into 2 groups and we had to come up with a team name and song and answer questions together.

Interview Question – Probably making up a song on the spot. I've never had to work with a group during an interview to answer questions, and make myself stand out.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got a call back about 2 months after for a group interview. The manager told me to wear what I would wear to work for the first day. The group interview was after the store had closed and they made us wait outside for about 20 minutes after the schedule interview time. They brought us inside, having us empty our pockets (probably as a precaution). The interview itself was only about 30 minutes. The 2 managers had us go around in a circle, say our names, and 2 hobbies. Then we had a speed round of teams of where we were given a subject and had to ask questions that the customer could not answer in yes/no form (i.e. How are you today?). After we were asked to find 2 items in the store and use the "5C"s to sell them to the managers. We were then given paper and pens to write a letter to the head manager of why we wanted this job and why we were perfect for it. The vibe of the store was a bit different and if you don't look like them, you pretty much didn't get a job. The store is based solely on looks and acting out to get compensation.

Interview Question – I've never done a group interview in my life, so it was a new experience. It was hard to not get to know the people you're competing against for a job.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Queensbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later got called in for a group interview scheduled for a week after that. .
I wore skinny jeans, shin high boots, a black t-sirt and a colored blazer.
The interview was really fun, just speak your mind, be comfortable with the people around you and Make Them Laugh. I'm pretty sure because I did exactly that, that is the only reason I got the job. You have to make them WANT to work with you. Be memorable.
We stood in a group and introduced ourselves. Then did a few sales based activities. For example we had to hold a conversation by asking open ended questions. Things like Do you.. or Did you... are yes or no questions and will get make you lose the game.
We also had to find something in the store and try to sell it to the people interviewing you. Make sure you know the brands!

Interview Question – Tell a joke. We all had to go around in the group and tell our best jokes. It completely took us all off guard.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Second Assistant Manager
Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2010.

Interview Details – Environment: laid back, relaxed, and fun
Customers: actions sports, music, and urban lifestyle
Know your gear and know your customer. Be driven but not overbearing.

Interview Question – Why did you pick Zumiez over any of the other competition?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I asked for "x" amount and they countered it with $9.50 (final offer).

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Everett, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with two individuals and then one on-site interview

Interview Question – Standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Katy, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview Details – I did not get interviewed at all. I walked in and was talking to the store manager and she asked me if i needed a job and it went from there, with no interview at all.

Interview Question – no interview questions   Answer Question

Sales 'kid' Interview

Sales 'kid'
Maplewood, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in May 2010.

Interview Details – It took a long time for my application to be looked over by through hiring manager at zumiez. I stayed persistent, I called to see if he looked over it and even mementioned it every time I was shopping in the store. I'd say about two months after submitting my application I finally got a call asking if I was still interested because they were doing interviews. I said that I was and he explained that it'd be a group interview and that I needed to make up a super hero name, and what power I possessed. The day of the interview there were about eight of us. We went around explaining who we were (super hero wise), we drew pictures of our favorite foods and passed em around in the circle for others to explain, and finally, we were put into groups of 3-4 and told to make up a rap about selling clothes in the store. Overall other was a fun interview and of course they ask the basic questions about you and why you want to work there. Just go in to your interview prepared to have fun and be as outgoing as possible because that's what they're looking for.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at zumiez?   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, we sat outside by Starbucks and the interview consisted of different parts. We started by listing our name why we want to work at Zumiez and a random fact about ourselves. Next we played a "question" game where the manager made a statement and we had to ask open ended questions until we couldn't think of any. Next we were asked to pitch a sale of something were wearing to the manager. Finally, we were asked to state 3 Strengths and Weaknesses. The manager also said that some interviews they have to do a song or chant but he decided not to make us do that.

Interview Question – What are 3 weaknesses you have?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Newport News, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted the day after I handed In my application and we set up an interview for the following week. I was interviewed by the store manager who was very nice and made the interview comfortable. He asked me basic questions about being a manager with a big focus on selling.After asking me questions he preceded to tell me about how awesome the company is.The interview took about thirty minutes.

Interview Question – How would you keep sales associates motivated?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zumiez