Zumiez Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zumiez (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun we took the interview after hours and we were split into two groups and had to make an outfit for a customer than they asked about our personalities and who we are

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zumiez (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

In was a group interview of 15 people we broke into groups of three. The mangers had us tell our names and something about ourselves. Their were three group activities the 1st we had to come up with open ended questions to ask customers ie: how are you doing? What kind of music do you like? Basically getting to know the customers, 2nd they gave us two pair of pants and had to figure out the difference in them and the final thing was to find an outfit to go with a pair of shoes. They didn't ask your typical job interview questions matter of fact no questions were asked at all just do the activities and once it's over you just write your name and availability than another manager will contact you. Also it's best to dress in the type of clothes they sell ie: sneakers shirts jeans no need to dress up but ask a manager just in case Good Luck Future Employees.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview over all was very fun! There were 4 of us and we broke off into little groups. And they asked me some questions like why did you apply to Zumiez and why you want to work there. Then we did some activities. Which was super fun. We had to pick an outfit out for the manager or who ever was interviewing us. Then we had to sell a product to them. It was very laid back and fun. What to wear, somthing from Zumiez or causal. Don't be late, I'd show up early. And be confidant

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Weirdest interview of my life. I was called in to a group interview and instead of just asking us questions they made us sing and dance and play games with super complicated rules. I'm pretty sure I did terrible because I felt awkward dancing and singing in front of a group of strangers and even though I know retail is all about being outgoing I don't see what dancing and singing had to do with it. Anyway, once we concluded all the "games" we were each giving an individual interview in, what I can only call a closet, with one light bulb hanging from the ceiling and two of the managers. It was such a tight fit that we were all basically on top of each other and I felt very uncomfortable. I answered their questions in a hurry just to get out of there and then I left. I got a call back a few days later but I missed it and I never called back because even if they were offering me a job I didn't want it after the bizarre interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about Zumiez?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The hiring process was quite lengthy but it was very interesting, fun and rewarding in the end. I applied to Zumiez in the middle of October. I applied to 3 different ones around my area. Luckily for me, about 3 weeks later i a got a call scheduling me in for a group interview for 2 out of 3 Zumiez that I've applied too. My first interview was conducted as a 1 on 1 interview with the 2nd Assistant Manager. He asked me a few basic questions like what would i do if i suspected someone of shop lifting, along with what's the best thing i should have working at Zumiez. I got a call back a few days later with a job offer. I was so happy you dont even know. The next day i was scheduled in for another interview at another Zumiez near by. This interview was a group interview which contained 7 other people, the Assistant Manager and the General manager. They asked us to do a few activites in groups. The first one was an open ended question relay where we had to ask the most open ended questions using a topic they gave us. Then in the same groups they gave us a product and we had to make an infomercial about the product trying to sale it. You have to be creative with it. We got a shoe so i came up with a few creative ideas of my own. At the end of that they recognized me as the only one who actually convinced them of buying it. At the end saying by, they remembered my name and no one elses lol. But the next day, i got a call back with them telling my i was phenomenal and outstanding interview and they wanted me in their store. I accepted the offer right away. Thank god the Manager was also the District Manager. I ended up working at both stores.

Interview Questions

• None really. You just honestly need to show them the real you. Be fun, enthusiastic and silly. As long as they remember you, you're good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They're starting me off at 9.25, but depending on how i do, they'll raise it to 9.50. Never had a job so that's a lot for me :D

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez in November 2014.

Interview

A few months back I had applied online and they didn't get back to me until I'd say 2 weeks. They didn't contact me, I had to to contact them 2 times. The first to hand in a resume and formerly introduce myself and the second to call and ask if they were still hiring, seeing as they didn't contact me at all after they said they would be holding interviews that Sunday. I backed them into a corner so to speak and I was scheduled for a group interview on Sunday. It was a fun experience, the managers are really laid back, cussing, and sharing some of their person experiences. They obviously proffered people with certain looks like tattoo's or crazy hair colors. Basically people that wore their products, and their image. People wore suits, cm'on are you kidding me? suits? No, Don't do that, it looked weird and not in the way that they were looking for. The people that commanded the most attention were people that had the grungy look of their store. It also helps to know how to sell things, and for god's sake, don't be quiet, show them you're passionate about their products. I declined the job simply because the ambiance of the store was,"We're friends but we sometimes steal sales from each other," and that just didn't sit right with me. Also do not go into the store thinking it's just a job, you need to know their products, you need to know how to sell, you don't just sit behind a counter and twiddle your hair in Walmart and shrug when a customer asks you a question about a product. If you're ONLY in it for the money, don't bother, you will not get hired. And even if you somehow fake it through the interview, you can't be fake forever.

Interview Questions

• Pick an item from the store and sell it to me   1 Answer

Meh, it seemed like the employee's in the zumiez I applied to would back stab new employee's. Not saying that all Zumiez employee's are stupidly fiercely competitive, just in my area.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez (Sugar Land, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 9 people. We came up with team names and chants. They asked us questions about ourselves and what we thought we could bring to the company. We did this one activity where we had to keep asking the manager open ended questions, like questions without a yes or no answer. Then we had to demonstrate how we would sell them our phone.

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zumiez (Salinas, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I went in and asked if they were hiring one day and the manager in the store said he could interview me the next day. The interview process was very relaxed and the manager was a very nice guy. He really wants to make you feel like you're talking to a friend and not a boss. I noticed They are mainly looking for people who know how to put their critical thinking skills to good use and to really think outside of the box. They ask really interesting questions that you wouldn't think would be in a normal interview like "If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?". When I was through with my interview, I thought it went really well and the manager complimented me on some of my answers to his questions. He told me that there weren't any spots available, but once one opens up that the he would definitely call. He never called me back, but it was still an interesting interview experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zumiez (Kent, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was horrible. Was with a group of 5-6 other people around the same age as me. The girl that was interviewing us was very stuck up and didn't ask any related questions.

Interview Questions

The workers gave me a bad vibe.