Zumiez Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.0

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez in July 2014.

It was a group interview of about 9 people. We came up with team names and chants. They asked us questions about ourselves and what we thought we could bring to the company. We did this one activity where we had to keep asking the manager open ended questions, like questions without a yes or no answer. Then we had to demonstrate how we would sell them our phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Zumiez in April 2014.

The interview process was horrible. Was with a group of 5-6 other people around the same age as me. The girl that was interviewing us was very stuck up and didn't ask any related questions.

Interview Questions

The workers gave me a bad vibe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zumiez in April 2014.

I went in and asked if they were hiring one day and the manager in the store said he could interview me the next day. The interview process was very relaxed and the manager was a very nice guy. He really wants to make you feel like you're talking to a friend and not a boss. I noticed They are mainly looking for people who know how to put their critical thinking skills to good use and to really think outside of the box. They ask really interesting questions that you wouldn't think would be in a normal interview like "If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?". When I was through with my interview, I thought it went really well and the manager complimented me on some of my answers to his questions. He told me that there weren't any spots available, but once one opens up that the he would definitely call. He never called me back, but it was still an interesting interview experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zumiez.

I applied and just kept on checking back with the store manager. There was only a single interview done. Most of the questions weren't serious but more about how creative you can be as an individual. The attire I wore was casual skate wear as that's the kind of shop it is.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating really. It's a minimum wage paying job with the potential to grow into a more serious career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zumiez in December 2013.

It was very laid back i applied online, and the got a call to come in for an interview the interview was very formal but it happened while we walked around the store and the manager completed his duties. He wanted to see if i could think on my feet and keep up with him.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zumiez in October 2013.

My entire process took five (5) days. I applied online and got a call two days later for a group interview for the next day. Our location isn't open yet so when I got to the store, we all waited out front. There were six people in total, including me. After reading on here, what type of interviews they have, I had no idea what to expect. I went in nervous but ready.

All you really need for this is confidence and a sense of humor. As long as you make yourself seen and heard, you're already about half way there. My interview didn't include any questions that you'd typically hear in an interview. They asked us to 3 things. The first was the introduction where they asked to state our name, tell a joke and name our favorite store and why it was our favorite. Then we had an open ended question relay, in which we answered a question with a question, avoiding yes or no answers. And lastly, they asked to find a random stranger and engage with them and ask 5 random questions. Overall it was a quick and fun experience. I got a call back with a job offer two days after the interview.

What You Need for Zumiez Interview:
    1. Make yourself seen. Be outgoing, be fun, interact. The quicker you put yourself ahead of the competition, the better chance you have of being seen and getting the job

2. Be confident. Don't be cocky. Know when to up your game, but know when to back down. You don't want to get on their bad side by overdoing it.

3. Dress for the job. Suit and tie won't work for this. Jeans, tee shirt and sneakers. It's a skate shop, not an office job.

4. Be ready for the unexpected. Zumiez managers are looking for people who can get the job done but can have fun while doing it. So this interview isn't going to be like any other interview you've ever been to. Be ready for that.

Interview Questions
    Salary was nonnegotiable. I fought, he didn't budge. But I accepted anyway because you also make commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zumiez in July 2013.

Applied online and got a call within a week from the manager. I went in the next day for a one-on-one interview. it was very relaxed conversation and wasn't too long either. Overall, it wasn't the right environment for me, though. The manager described it too me as much too competitive environment with a lot of aggressive sales tactics.

Interview Questions
    • Which of Zumiez' company qualities (Exciting, Aggressive, Competitive, and Committed) do you most exemplify and which do you least exemplify?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zumiez in July 2013.

It was a group interview and probably the funniest interview I've ever been in. Some people were business causal and other were just dressed in zumiez attire. They test you based on your personality and how you react to certain situations. The manager will form everyone into groups of two and assign them to perform job related scenarios. Who ever shows out the most or impresses the manager usually gets a call back.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince me to buy a item?
      How would you convince me to come shop at zumiez?
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zumiez.

I applied at zumiez online and a week later got a call from the manager. We did a phone interview than I was invited to the group interview. There were about 9-10 other people, they asked some questions and then we partnered up and introduced our partners. We also had to come up with a bunch of open ended questions and read off our best one. We were than told the 6 c's and had to grab a clothing item and describe it using the 6 c's. Even though I missed one I was still offered the job. We were all there for almost 2 hours, it was pretty fun tho. Stay confident, smile, and make them laugh.