Zumiez Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

26 interviews

2.0

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in November 2010.

I applied online and got called into fill out a physical application in store (slightly tedious). The men working were very nice and encouraging we spoke briefly about being from the Bay Area. I don't know if that calls for an interview but I had gotten a call back within the next week to attend a scheduling meeting! Awesome

Anonymous Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2014.

It was a group interview of about 9 people. We came up with team names and chants. They asked us questions about ourselves and what we thought we could bring to the company. We did this one activity where we had to keep asking the manager open ended questions, like questions without a yes or no answer. Then we had to demonstrate how we would sell them our phone.

Anonymous Employee  in  Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Zumiez in April 2014.

I went in and asked if they were hiring one day and the manager in the store said he could interview me the next day. The interview process was very relaxed and the manager was a very nice guy. He really wants to make you feel like you're talking to a friend and not a boss. I noticed They are mainly looking for people who know how to put their critical thinking skills to good use and to really think outside of the box. They ask really interesting questions that you wouldn't think would be in a normal interview like "If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?". When I was through with my interview, I thought it went really well and the manager complimented me on some of my answers to his questions. He told me that there weren't any spots available, but once one opens up that the he would definitely call. He never called me back, but it was still an interesting interview experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • If you needed to hide a giraffe for a day, where would you put it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in June 2010.

At my particular location, they conducted group interviews. The group interview was conducted outside of the mall. The first thing we did was introduce ourselves. The first test came in at this time and the hiring manager asked each person to either 1. dance 2. sing 3. reenact their favorite scene from a movie. When we were told this, five people left. After this task, we were divided into groups and asked to make a skit including a product sold at the store. Our task was to show how we would sell the particular item to customers. Out of the group of about 15 people, I was hired with two other people. We were hired as temps and could work our way to being on a permanent schedule (if we interacted with customers well, met sales goals, etc.).

No negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Zumiez.

I applied and just kept on checking back with the store manager. There was only a single interview done. Most of the questions weren't serious but more about how creative you can be as an individual. The attire I wore was casual skate wear as that's the kind of shop it is.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating really. It's a minimum wage paying job with the potential to grow into a more serious career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zumiez in December 2013.

It was very laid back i applied online, and the got a call to come in for an interview the interview was very formal but it happened while we walked around the store and the manager completed his duties. He wanted to see if i could think on my feet and keep up with him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zumiez in July 2013.

It was a group interview and probably the funniest interview I've ever been in. Some people were business causal and other were just dressed in zumiez attire. They test you based on your personality and how you react to certain situations. The manager will form everyone into groups of two and assign them to perform job related scenarios. Who ever shows out the most or impresses the manager usually gets a call back.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince me to buy a item?
      How would you convince me to come shop at zumiez?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Zumiez in November 2011.

There was no former interview process. I walked in to ask for an application as a seasonal sales associate. I was told to apply online and bring in a resume to the store manager. When I returned I was asked if I had previous sales experience (which I didn't). I asked if this seasonal position could possibly become a part-time job (which it did). I got a call the next day with the position offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Zumiez in October 2013.

My entire process took five (5) days. I applied online and got a call two days later for a group interview for the next day. Our location isn't open yet so when I got to the store, we all waited out front. There were six people in total, including me. After reading on here, what type of interviews they have, I had no idea what to expect. I went in nervous but ready.

All you really need for this is confidence and a sense of humor. As long as you make yourself seen and heard, you're already about half way there. My interview didn't include any questions that you'd typically hear in an interview. They asked us to 3 things. The first was the introduction where they asked to state our name, tell a joke and name our favorite store and why it was our favorite. Then we had an open ended question relay, in which we answered a question with a question, avoiding yes or no answers. And lastly, they asked to find a random stranger and engage with them and ask 5 random questions. Overall it was a quick and fun experience. I got a call back with a job offer two days after the interview.

What You Need for Zumiez Interview:
    1. Make yourself seen. Be outgoing, be fun, interact. The quicker you put yourself ahead of the competition, the better chance you have of being seen and getting the job

2. Be confident. Don't be cocky. Know when to up your game, but know when to back down. You don't want to get on their bad side by overdoing it.

3. Dress for the job. Suit and tie won't work for this. Jeans, tee shirt and sneakers. It's a skate shop, not an office job.

4. Be ready for the unexpected. Zumiez managers are looking for people who can get the job done but can have fun while doing it. So this interview isn't going to be like any other interview you've ever been to. Be ready for that.

Interview Questions
    Salary was nonnegotiable. I fought, he didn't budge. But I accepted anyway because you also make commission.

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!