Zuora Interview Questions

3.1

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zuora in July 2014.

Still going through interview process. Have had two phone interviews and now meeting with 4 more people in person. So far they have been great and nothing negative to say. They are trying to make sure it is a good fit for them just like I am trying to make sure it is a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one tough time you had with a customer who is irate?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zuora.

I was referred through a friend and had one phone interview followed by 3 in person interviews in one day. I then called and emailed the 3 people I met with for 2 days straight until I heard back from the original recruiter who drilled me for 30 minutes before telling me that I had already gotten the job. It was a little nerve racking but overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate considering this was my first position out of college and was really happy with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zuora.

Referred through a friend and met the hiring manager at a bar for the interview. I have nothing against bars but thought this seemed strange and unprofessional. I wasn't sure if she was taking the interview seriously since it was at a bar. It didn't make me feel respected as a professional and I didn't take her seriously either. I decided not to move forward with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult but maybe a bar isn't the right forum for difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and then spoke to the hiring manager. I was brought on site for 1 round with the 5 people: 4 QA and 1 dev manager. I was given an offer the next day. I was asked very few technical questions. All but one person was polite.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the following Java method signatures doesn't compile?This was unexpected because the answer can easily be found through a search engine.

a. public static final void main (String[] args)
      b. public final static void main (String[] args)
      c. static public final void main (String[] args)
      d. static public void final main (String[] args)
        View Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zuora in May 2014.

I was interviewed by one of the top guys in the company. This person had no respect for other firms (i come from a big 5 consulting firm) and was repeatedly on a tirade against the consulting companies. I sent a decline to the recruiter immediately after the interview. I am not sure about Zuora's corporate culture, but if a top person in the organization has this arrogant attitude when the company is still growing, I don't see this as a good place to work.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Zuora.

Contacted by a recruiter. Phone interviews with the VPs and Directors. In person interviews with the SVPs and hiring manager. Phone interview with the CEO. Offer.

Interview Questions

High rate of turnover within sales. Seems to be a high pressure environment with long hours. Compensation was not impressive, but not bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zuora in March 2014.

The interview process was seamless and I couldn't have asked for a better recruiter, Gabriella was outstanding! The hiring process was fast and efficient, thus making it an easy decision to move forward. By far the most organized and effective interview process I've experienced. Zuora is a no brainer!

Interview Questions
    • Why I was choosing to leave my current employer and if I would have their blessing?   Answer Question

Commercial Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zuora.

From start to finish, the interview process was an outstanding experience. Gabriella (recruiter) could not have been more supportive or better to work with, and everyone that I interviewed with was a consummate professional. It was a relatively quick process (a few weeks from start to finish), but very thorough. The fact that Tien (CEO) was involved in the interview process (as the final interviewer) says a lot about Zuora as a company. Although I decided to go a different direction in the end for personal reasons, the opportunity to join Zuora's sales team was a very exciting one that I would recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult or unexpected questions, but there was repeated focus on describing a strategic deal that you closed and the sales process you followed (and any challenges you were confronted with and overcame) from start to finish. Bottom line is that you need to be prepared.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Zuora in November 2013.

Met with a hiring manager at a school information session. We had a nice chat and he left me his business card. I was excited when he said he would like me to work for them part time before my graduation and then full time after graduation. After emailing him, I got contacted by a human resource representative. Then, he set up a technical interview at local office. Questions are pretty basic and lasted about an hour. I got an email from human resource that they have decided to move on with my interview and asked me to go to their office in Atlanta. Although they claimed that the second interview was to meet with Zuora's vice president, it actually is another technical interview. The questions are more intellectual and mathematical than programming. About a week later, they emailed me that they rejected me. They wanted me to take more computer science classes and get in touch with them again after I graduate. I was pretty upset because they could have said I didn't take enough classes in initial resume screening but not after the two interviews. That would save me time and energy if they had decided that not enough classes would be a problem. I did take a lot time to prepare and they interviewed me both times during rush hours. I was stuck in traffic for two hours. When I called them to ask about what went wrong in the interview, the hiring staff told me that the second interviewer thought I was weak in programming. The irony thing is that the second interview was purely about IQ questions like "find out the heavy ball in two steps among 9 balls", which I answers quickly. I was not sure how he decided I was not good at programming. Then, I asked about part-time position opening, he said that was never available. I felt cheated and ended my conversation with him.
    Another thing to look out for: I may be over sensitive but most staff in the office are from the same school. Although I was from a Top 20 university, they mocked about my school and I felt a little biased during the interview. I think they would like to hire someone from the same university they went to.

Engagement Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Zuora in December 2013.

The process was comprehensive as I was interviewed by a number of managers across various teams not only to assess skills, experience and capability but also my fit, engagement and energy from a culture perspective. While there were discussions about past work, there were also discussions about what I could bring to Zuora - what you bring to the table (both experience and how you can contribute to the organization) are both important in the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was from the Sales executive who asked how I would handle a customer in a meeting who was being disruptive as, at that point in the interview process, the discussions/questions were related to skills, experience and capability and were not behavioral based.   Answer Question
    Very quick and efficient once the hiring decision was made, offer discussed on Thursday and offer approved on Friday; contract available on Monday

Worked for Zuora? Contribute to the Community!