Zuora Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zuora.

Interview

Recruiter Initial Phone Interview
    Hiring Manager Phone Interview
    Trip to meet 3 hiring managers in person

I felt the interview process was standard and straight forward. I had a positive experience and thought all questions were fair and expected. The interviewers were very professional and I actually had a great time interviewing which made me interested in the position I was applying for and I think helped me land the job. Just be honest about everything and be positive.

Interview Questions

• Many situational questions about what would you do/have done. Also draw out processes and designs.

Come prepared.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zuora in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from their recruiter. She spent 30 minutes of my time asking nonsense questions ("why did you apply for this job?" - "because it matches many of my skills and what I want to do" - "but why this job?", etc. in an almost infinite loop). She did not ask about my skills, my experience, or anything like that, could not supply even the basic details of the position and promised to get back to me personally "by the end of the week", which obviously did not happen. Two weeks later I get an email saying they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zuora (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through glass door and I got a call back from one of their recruiters. The first interview was with a recruiter, followed by another interview by the hiring manager, followed by another interview from another senior Sales Engineer.

All the people I interviewed with were very nice and respectable. I thought the interviews went well but they preferred someone with a finance background.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zuora (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and I was scheduled 2 phone screens back to back. Interview was fine, my interviewer was very knowledgable and friendly. I was later invited for an onsite interview which took about 3 hours. It was less of an interview and more of a conversation with the engineers I would be working with. Everyone was really accommodating.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zuora (Remote, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Three week process from the initial recruiter screening to the offer stage. A couple of detailed phone interviews (including one with the hiring manager) followed by in in person interview. Finally, a Skype interview with the VP of Global Services. I was very impressed with how fast the process moved and the high touch involvement of senior and executive level team members. I thought it was very efficient and also a two way conversation during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance providing excellent quality service to customers with competing resources and limited time to spend on each customer?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

They wanted an NDA signed to interview??. Then manager set up 3 calls which he continued to push out and stopped responding. Says a lot about the company. Stay away if your in sales, check the turnover in LI, lot of 6 month stays.

ZBR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zuora in January 2015.

Interview

After a phone prescreen i was invited to the office to meet with thee different managers who talked with me about my career ambitions. It was an extremely positive experience that gave me the opportunity to understand areas of growth i could fill in the company. Extremely friendly staff

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zuora (Redwood City, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Still going through interview process. Have had two phone interviews and now meeting with 4 more people in person. So far they have been great and nothing negative to say. They are trying to make sure it is a good fit for them just like I am trying to make sure it is a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one tough time you had with a customer who is irate?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zuora.

Interview

I was referred through a friend and had one phone interview followed by 3 in person interviews in one day. I then called and emailed the 3 people I met with for 2 days straight until I heard back from the original recruiter who drilled me for 30 minutes before telling me that I had already gotten the job. It was a little nerve racking but overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• "What do you know about pricing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate considering this was my first position out of college and was really happy with the offer.

Commercial Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zuora (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Referred through a friend and met the hiring manager at a bar for the interview. I have nothing against bars but thought this seemed strange and unprofessional. I wasn't sure if she was taking the interview seriously since it was at a bar. It didn't make me feel respected as a professional and I didn't take her seriously either. I decided not to move forward with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult but maybe a bar isn't the right forum for difficult interview questions.   Answer Question