Zurich Insurance Group

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Interview was excellent, offices were clean and with a good vibe. Hiring process was very quick, smooth and easy. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely professional and welcoming.

Underwriting Assistant III Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. Two days later I was contacted for a face to face interview. The interview questions were average but the interviewer seemed unsatisfied with any of my answers. Told me that I seemed nervous but a nice person and that I was not being aggressive enough for them. Also that the last employee had been fired for not coming to work on time and I was asked if that would be a problem for me. Although I have never been fired from any job. There were two people in the interview but the second person said nothing until I asked them a direct question. It was very strange and I felt insulted by the tone and accusations of the interviewer. I felt lucky not to be offered a position as this was the team manager doing the interviewing.

INTERN Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – easy and good

Interview Question – what sets you apart   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Underwriting Director Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – 4 interviews conducted in one day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time your took a team that was in need of your leadership and what did you do to turn it around?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Rather succinct.

Claims Specialist II Interview

Claims Specialist II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – A headhunter contacted me regarding the position. It took about 6 weeks to go from "they're interested in you" to an interview. I had a single in-person interview with a claims director. I called the headhunter afterward and explained I was no longer interested in the position. There was no further contact with the headhunter nor Zurich.

Interview Question – Nearly every discussion point was unrelated to insurance, claims, and the specific line of coverage. None were difficult. All were unexpected.   View Answer

General Intern Interview

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back from 3rd party recruiting firm very quickly. Scheduled initial interview which contained typical behavioral questions ("Tell us about a time when you...") and focused surprisingly on my academic background. Two or three days later, I received a form to authorize a background search. Later (don't remember time-frame), I had an interview with my specific department. This was surprisingly chat-ty and conversational.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Claims Trainee - Liability Interview

Rocky Hill, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview is a 30 minute over the phone interview, basic behavioral/situation questions. Don't take the phone interview too lightly though, because they invite you to the final round based only on the over the phone part.
The 'final interview' is actually a series of interviews throughout the morning or afternoon. For the morning session you show up at 8:30 for a networking breakfast, then break off into 4 45 minute interviews in a row, then an hour lunch with time for more networking and a speech by the VP. Both sessions my day had 6 people.
There are more behavioral/situational questions during the interviews, some are repetitive, but the time goes much faster than expected.
When it was done I was definitely glad that Zurich does the final round of interviews in one day. It was a great way to meet people of differing responsibilities in the organization and really get a feel for the work environment and what is expected.

Interview Question – How many golf balls could fit into a 747?
Describe a situation in which you took charge of a group/team.
  Answer Question

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process started off with a simple phone interview-- basic interview questions such as --tell me about yourself?--strengths/weaknesses?--What do you know about zurich?and couple additional behavioral questions. I was then invited for a second round interview in the office. Very informal/same type of questions. This interview probably lasted an hour tops. I was asked back for a third round, which was very similar-- Why do you think you belong with zurich? etc. interviews went great, people were very nice.... didn't get an offer

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. "tell me a time when you....?   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant III Interview

Underwriting Assistant III
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group.

Interview Details – It took about 1 week from the time to submit my resume and get a call back for a phone interview, then another week for a face to face interview. Then about 2 weeks to be told I wasnt choosen. I have interviewed with the company, same people for the same position TWICE..and still nothing.

Interview Question – The ususal basic questions for insurance and underwriter. They like to see that you have experience with higher premium. The production of what you do really isnt that important to them.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is just an internal departmental transfer. Process is fast. It took 4 managers to talk to me for 4 hours. I was officially transfered to this new position in 1.5 months.

Interview Question – Baseball question. I don't play baseball and don't understand the rule. The manager has to restructure his question to become a basketball question. Basically, it's a test on the factors that affect a policy premium. But, the manager phrases the question using a baseball game.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zurich Insurance Group

Worked for Zurich Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Zurich Insurance Group Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zurich Insurance Group interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zurich Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.