Zurich Insurance Group

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.9

Statistics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group.

It was a very long and tedious PHONE interview, which consisted of three parts: theoretical questions , SAS and work ethic. The theoretical questions were fairly easy, but they asked more than 10 questions evolving all aspect of statistics. The SAS part was the worst. They described a data set through the phone and wanted me to give them the code to modify it. It was hard to understand and impossible to do it over the phone.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zurich Insurance Group.

Interview was excellent, offices were clean and with a good vibe. Hiring process was very quick, smooth and easy. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely professional and welcoming.

Underwriting Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in October 2013.

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. Two days later I was contacted for a face to face interview. The interview questions were average but the interviewer seemed unsatisfied with any of my answers. Told me that I seemed nervous but a nice person and that I was not being aggressive enough for them. Also that the last employee had been fired for not coming to work on time and I was asked if that would be a problem for me. Although I have never been fired from any job. There were two people in the interview but the second person said nothing until I asked them a direct question. It was very strange and I felt insulted by the tone and accusations of the interviewer. I felt lucky not to be offered a position as this was the team manager doing the interviewing.

Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in May 2013.

Phone interview, followed by in-person interview with RVP. Questions were quite straight forward. Interview was in office. Nothing unexpected. Review company history, global presence, etc. No complaints about overall process. Only concern was lack of mentorship program upon hiring. Total process took only a few weeks. Had to sign sheet to pay for cost of training if left company within first 18 months as part of training program.

Underwriting Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zurich Insurance Group.

It took about 1 week from the time to submit my resume and get a call back for a phone interview, then another week for a face to face interview. Then about 2 weeks to be told I wasnt choosen. I have interviewed with the company, same people for the same position TWICE..and still nothing.

Interview Questions
    • The ususal basic questions for insurance and underwriter. They like to see that you have experience with higher premium. The production of what you do really isnt that important to them.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in April 2013.

A headhunter contacted me regarding the position. It took about 6 weeks to go from "they're interested in you" to an interview. I had a single in-person interview with a claims director. I called the headhunter afterward and explained I was no longer interested in the position. There was no further contact with the headhunter nor Zurich.

Interview Questions
    • Nearly every discussion point was unrelated to insurance, claims, and the specific line of coverage. None were difficult. All were unexpected.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Simple stuff, phone interview then directed to do a background check as well as filling out a more in depth application and got a call back. Full time offer in schaumberg

Claims Trainee - Liability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in March 2013.

The first interview is a 30 minute over the phone interview, basic behavioral/situation questions. Don't take the phone interview too lightly though, because they invite you to the final round based only on the over the phone part.
    The 'final interview' is actually a series of interviews throughout the morning or afternoon. For the morning session you show up at 8:30 for a networking breakfast, then break off into 4 45 minute interviews in a row, then an hour lunch with time for more networking and a speech by the VP. Both sessions my day had 6 people.
    There are more behavioral/situational questions during the interviews, some are repetitive, but the time goes much faster than expected.
    When it was done I was definitely glad that Zurich does the final round of interviews in one day. It was a great way to meet people of differing responsibilities in the organization and really get a feel for the work environment and what is expected.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls could fit into a 747?
      Describe a situation in which you took charge of a group/team.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in March 2013.

easy and good

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zurich Insurance Group in March 2013.

Contacted by HR representative, asked basic questions. Phone call with hiring manager, and then video conference.