Zurich North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Specialist IV Interview

Claims Specialist IV
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applications and resumes are submitted online. If the applicant appears to be a good match, a phone interview is conducted with a recruiter. It can take a few weeks to a month before you hear from the recruiter. If the recruiter believes you are a viable candidate, in-person interviews are conducted, first with the manager, and if a good candidate, then with a VP. The whole process is somewhat slow and can take a few months from beginning to end.

Background check, etc are done before job offered.

Interview Question – Why have you decided to leave the practice of law and take a pay cut? And why Zurich?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for salary negotiation. Days off and other benefits are non-negotiable

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Talent Acquisition Manager
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zurich North America in November 2013.

Interview Details – The director and vp of talent acquisition have little to no actual TA experience, so that may explain some of the experience that I personally had.

I invested eight hours of my time (I am employed, so cost me a PTO day) plus sent thank you letters to each of the individuals that I interviewed with and did not receive even a system generated email notifying me of my non-selection. There are no sour grapes on not being selected, here, I am only taking issue to their communications. All is well that ends well I suppose because I have heard from multiple third parties that the TA department at Zurich NA is in tatters and is not close to turning the corner. Apparently, the TA department is looked down upon by all corners of the business.

The interviews themselves were fine. More conversational than anything else. One of the mgrs did incorporate some behavioral based questions. Again, 8 hour long interviews not including the initial phone screens, and zero communications back to me on the selection decision.

Interview Question – Unexpected.... I was asked "What annoys you?". How prophetic.   View Answer

Predictive Modeler Interview

Predictive Modeler
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Zurich North America in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through online and after 1 week got phone call to set up a time with recruiter. And recruiter called and asked behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time etc..   Answer Question

Manager, Talent Acquisition Interview

Manager, Talent Acquisition
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zurich North America in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through LinkedIn. I received a call from a corporate recruiter to set up a time to speak. The phone interview lasted just over an hour. 2-3 weeks went buy before hearing back. They set up a time to come in an meet with several individuals in TA. I was told this would take 2-2.5 hours. I received the itinerary the night before (6:09 PM). The itinerary was for 3.5 hours, which was inconvenient since I am employed and have a full schedule. This issue could have been avoided with a little more heads up, and I could have planned accordingly. In actuality the interview process that day last 4.5 hours. I had a total of 5 separate interviews that day. The first interview was an hour with the head of TA. I thought it was a good interview. Part 1 was getting to know me and my background. Part 2 he asked 3 behavioral interview questions. This interviewer was clearly prepared and looked over my resume ahead of time. The remaining interviewers were not prepared. It felt as if they were looking at my resume for the first time. The 2nd interview overlapped lunch. So we walked down to their cafeteria to get food to bring back up during the interview. This was very awkward trying to answer someone's questions while trying to eat. To be honest I had 2 bites of a salad and that was it. I would rather we stayed focus on the interview without the disruption. The remaining interviews were all the same. Tell me what you do. Their only concern was how many open positions I and my team worked on. Every company is going to have their own recruiting challenges, and to me it was like trying to compare apples and oranges without ever tasting either one. Needless to say I was very burnt the 2nd half of the day due to answering the same questions over and over. I was told I would have some feedback within 7-10 days. I interviewed in November 14th, and today is January 15th and I still have yet to hear from them. I did follow up via and email and phone calls (not the stalker type), and still no response. In my opinion it is very unprofessional for an organization to occupy so much of someone's time without giving the courtesy to let them know the outcome. Every ATS has a feature to send out a rejection letter. To operate that feature only takes a couple clicks of the mouse. Maybe they should have their IT department stop by and show them how to use feature. Based on my overall experience I would not recommend interviewing there. If they called me today to apologize for the delay, and offer me the position, I would turn it down.

P.S. The online application is very tedious and time consuming, and they have you complete a background check prior to your first phone interview (sketchy).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you identified a problem and took action to correct it (or something like that).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zurich North America in February 2012.

Interview Details – got an interview at their Schaumburg office with their HR department was shown around the department i would be working for good place to work

Interview Question – What has been your most valuable experience in college thus far   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in October 2012.

Interview Details – Process takes too long

Interview Question – None - just long periods between interview steps in the process   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a better company to work for. Worried about the culture/reputation of Zurich and having that on my resume.

Development Program Interview

Development Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Zurich North America in April 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted through campus career center. Interviewed at a job fair. Interview was very heavy on behavioral questions,much more than expected. Very little technical or otherwise. Do plenty of prep for this type of question

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you have ever done?   View Answer

Corporate Tax Accountant Intern Interview

Corporate Tax Accountant Intern
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Zurich North America in March 2012.

Interview Details – Internship interview consisted of phone interviews. First interview was with a human resource recruiter. Second interview was with two managers. Interview was moderate to difficult questions consisting of behavioral and resume mixed questions. Overall, not too difficult.

Interview Question – Share a real life experience that you were looked as a team leader?   Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initially was interviewd by HR for about 45 min on the phone. Then have not hard for 1.5 months despite some follow ups. Then unexpectedly was called in for in-person interview with two manager and addtional phone interview with another Project Leader. Then went back for another round with the team(very informal) just ot meet them and also had another phone interview with the director. Had an offer within 3 days after the last round of interviews.

Interview Question – How are you planning to improve our processes? What steps are you planning to take?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I rec eived offer gave counteroffer and they pretty much agreed to everything I have asked for and came back within 2 days. I accepted.

Internship Interview

Internship
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zurich North America in March 2012.

Interview Details – Received several phone calls from recruiter. After a brief interview with her, she recommended me to a manager that I would be directly working under. I then received a phone call the next week from this manager and traditional questions were asked (How would you rate your excel skills, tell me about a difficult time, etc.). Several weeks later the female recruiter called me back stating I was not selected for the opportunity.

Interview Question – How would you rate your Excel skills?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Zurich North America? Contribute to the Community!

Zurich North America Videos

Zurich North America – Why Work for Us?

Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East as well as other… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zurich North America interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zurich North America employees and interview candidates.