Zurich North America

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.9

Predictive Modeler Interview

Submit resume online. Received phone interview few weeks later. HR was very nice and went through my resume in details. Also some common situation questions. I was too nervous at first and could not express myself clearly. The interview last about 40-50 mins. No response so far. It was my first phone interview.

Regional Operations Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America.

I applied for a position and within one business day was contacted for my interview with the recruiter. My initial conversation with the recruiter mirrored the job description and I was passed quickly onto the next round of interviews with the hiring manager. The hiring manager for this particular position didn't spend much time reviewing the actual role, but rather spent more time discussing the "perks" of the role (phone and tablet reimbursement, benefits, travel, etc). He did tell me, however, that the job description wasn't exactly accurate based on what my responsibility would be. I was told that I might either have to interview with the HM boss or the HM would reach out and let me know.

I was told that afternoon that I would interview with the VP of Transformational Operations in a week and a half and that "they might try to get another interview scheduled with someone else out of that office." On the same day as my interview with the VP (7 business days later), I was called and told that I would also need to interview with another person which would have to be another week pushed out. I interviewed with both people, notified the recruiter, and was told I would hear "next steps soon" after my final interview. Two weeks passed without any communication so I reached out and didn't receive an answer for three days. I was told three days after my last interview that they would begin the background check. The background check company they used contacted me on three separate occasions and led to even worse perceptions of this already disjointed interview process.

I heard back three days after the background checks began and was told I would also interview with three more people (this is a total of 8 people in 2.5 months and weeks without any communication). I met with both of these recruiters, answered the same questions for the eighth time, and was told by the hiring manager I would "hear back by Monday" after my Friday interview. By Wednesday, I followed up, I was told I they would reach out soon, however, I waited an additional week and a half before I was notified that I did not receive the position because they went with someone who had more experience, although I exceeded the minimum years of required experience by 4 years.

Overall, this was a very disorganized recruitment process. I wasn't disappointed that I didn't receive an offer because I was very concerned about reporting to someone who would lead such scattered recruitment process. They would have been more successful in administering a test as opposed to having candidates circle through months and months and tons of people getting involved in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any questions that threw me; all of my interview questions in all of my interviews were the same and they were staple, text book questions.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who asked very few, simple questions. Two weeks later, the recruiter called and set up an onsite interview. I met with two hiring managers simultaneously that asked me a series of seven behavioral/situational questions. After that they asked additional questions that they had come up during the original questions and, more specifically, about my work history. At the end, they asked if I had any questions. After a week, the recruiter contacted me again and had me meet with the Underwriting Supervisor and a Director. These onsite interviews were more specific to me as a candidate. I met with these two individuals separately. Each took about 45 minutes. Again, time was allotted at the end for me to ask questions. Two weeks later I received an offer.

The interview questions were very standard. They wanted answers to paint a picture of the situation, how you handled it, and the outcome.

Having good questions specific to the position and the company culture were very important. Also, ask questions about things that come up in conversation to show you are listening and digesting the information they provide.

Interview Questions
    • What will be the biggest issue you encounter while adapting to your new manager's style of management?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zurich North America.

Zurich's HR actually reached out to me through a phonecall, and from there on out did a series of phone interviews and on site interviews. Interview questions were regular questions: why Zurich, tell me about yourself, etc

Interview Questions
    As an intern, it was a fixed rate

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zurich North America.

The interview process is fairly quick in comparison to other companies. The phone interview was straight to the point. Pretty basic questions were asked. The lady was very nice and gave me very useful information.

Market Facing Underwriter Interview

Received an email with follow up phone interview. Passed that and had interview with 2 supervisors in person. HR person was easy to talk to on the phone. Made him laugh which was a plus.

None.

Claims Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zurich North America in July 2014.

Very detailed . They deal with high dollar commercial claims , $500k and up, anything less may not be considered ample experience . The process is 4 months long. Still waiting for results, I hope it's well worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    • What is the highest dollar amount claim that you have handled?   Answer Question

Change Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

One 30 min phone interview - piece of cake. Standard interview questions, be ready to explain situations where you were strong or overcame weaknesses. It only took one interview.

There was none - just offered great pay and terms

Corporate Law Intern Interview

First, there was a phone interview with an individual in HR. This was pretty straightforward with typical interview questions, including strengths and weaknesses. There were also behavioral questions, but nothing unexpected. This part of the hiring process seemingly judged your ability to interview. Second, there was an in-person interview in Schaumburg, which was mostly conversational. This part of the hiring process appeared to be judging whether you would be a good "fit."

Corporate Tax Intern Interview

Interview consisted of one phone interview with an HR rep and one phone interview with the supervising manager. A few behavioral questions and situational questions. The original application was seen on their website and can apply from there. After that, an HR rep will contact candidates if they meet the criteria.