Zurich North America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Brief telephone interview with a recruiter. Lasted about 15 minutes. Was passed on to the hiring manager who conducted a second phone interview. Was then asked if I would come to Philadelphia for an in-person interview, but I had to decline because I was pursuing other positions in different cities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. She said it went really well and I'd hear soon from the hiring manager then I never heard back from anyone. It was a very disheartening experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter and another with a high up manager and that was it. The interview with the manager was average, we spoke about my experience and a lot of behavioral questions. There was one question that through me for a loop; it was meant to walk through how i thought. The whole process was quick and easy as they needed to fill the spot quickly.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between a bank and an insurance company?   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward. The questions focuses on data entry and time management. Make sure you emphasize on being a team player. Takes almost a month to be approved and put on pay roll. Takes another week to get you access to the proper applications. Managment doesnt communicate status of apllication or start dates until a few days before.

Interview Questions

• They basically read off the resume   1 Answer

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then went through a phone screening. They kept changing the recruiter I was working with, which was very confusing because more than one person was trying to schedule an in person interview with me. The in person interview was much more relaxed and insightful in terms of what to expect from the company and position than the panel interview.

Middle Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zurich North America (Oxford, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Was asked legal questions at first, then moved on to more personal questions, formulated from my resume. Did not get to ask in depth questions about the position, because the recruiter did not work at the office location I was applying to work at. Pretty impersonal relationship established with recruiter.

Internal Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the (ICON) Internal Consulting undergrad internship position. I got an email to set up a phone screen about 2 weeks later. I sent a reply that night, and woke up to the phone call the next morning (I wasn't expecting such a quick response). I had to take the phone interview on the spot (recruiter had a deadline), so I was not prepared and fumbled a lot of my responses. Overall though the questions were easy and the recruiter was very friendly. My only advice is always be ready to answer basic behavioral questions, no matter the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic resume and behavioral questions. Why Zurich/position? Asked about a project on my resume, what it was, why I thought I did well/what made me succeed, etc. Describe a time where you worked with a difficult person, how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Risk Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks later. The interview with the recruiter was just a phone screen and then she passed my application/information to a hiring manager. She asked me questions about my education, why I was interested in this position, and which one of my accomplishments I was most proud of.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager about a month later and that was a breeze! It was about a 30 minute phone call and it really felt more like a conversation than an interview. He asked me what my hobbies were, we talked about my interests in this field, favorite courses in college, he talked to me about nanotechnology which was pretty interesting. At the end of the conversation he asked if we could sit down face to face. About a week and a half later I got an email from the recruiter confirming the third interview (scheduled exactly two weeks after my second interview).

My third interview was with the same hiring manager and it wasn't really an interview, again it was more of a conversation and he answered questions I had came with about the position. He was very friendly and extremely helpful. He answered all of my questions thoroughly.

My third interview was on a Friday and I received my offer the following tuesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was non-negotiable, but very competitive- especially for a training program.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

I was called for an interview about a month after submitting my resume. Then had a phone screen with recruiter and afterwards had an in-person interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions. It lasted about an hour. I was told to expect to hear a response in a month. After a month, I followed up with the recruiter and was told they were still interviewing, but to expect an answer soon. It was months ago and I never heard anything back.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a one on one Informal interview to get to know more about the company. It allowed me to see if I was a good fit for the organization.