Zurich North America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.9

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zurich North America.

The interview process is fairly quick in comparison to other companies. The phone interview was straight to the point. Pretty basic questions were asked. The lady was very nice and gave me very useful information.

Claims Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in December 2013.

Phone interview followed by a "super-day;" a breakfast meet-and-greet with the department managers and director with about 10 other interviewees, then a first round of interviews (3 one-on-one lasting about 45 minutes each), followed by lunch, and finally ending with another round of interviews (3 one-on-one, lasting about 45 minutes each).

Interview Questions
    • What direction do you think healthcare is heading? Insurance industry, in general?   View Answer

Market Facing Underwriter Interview

Received an email with follow up phone interview. Passed that and had interview with 2 supervisors in person. HR person was easy to talk to on the phone. Made him laugh which was a plus.

None.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in March 2014.

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter at first and the whole process to hire took about two months from when I first talked to the recruiter to when they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • What type of person do you have a hard time working with?   Answer Question

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zurich North America in May 2014.

Applied through their website, soon after received an email inviting me to do a phone interview. Both the recruiter and I set up a time to speak. On the day of, he never called me. I called his number and emailed him back but he decided to play the ignore game. Does this company post job openings to troll people? I understand it's an employer's market, but to disrespect potential employees is only disrespecting the company.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in April 2014.

Application, Interviews, Aptitude and Personalty test, Background check. I interviewed with 5 people within the department which gave helpful insight to their different perspectives. Overall the process was long but very informative.

Change Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zurich North America.

One 30 min phone interview - piece of cake. Standard interview questions, be ready to explain situations where you were strong or overcame weaknesses. It only took one interview.

There was none - just offered great pay and terms

Claims Specialist IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in October 2010.

Applications and resumes are submitted online. If the applicant appears to be a good match, a phone interview is conducted with a recruiter. It can take a few weeks to a month before you hear from the recruiter. If the recruiter believes you are a viable candidate, in-person interviews are conducted, first with the manager, and if a good candidate, then with a VP. The whole process is somewhat slow and can take a few months from beginning to end.

Background check, etc are done before job offered.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you decided to leave the practice of law and take a pay cut? And why Zurich?   View Answer
    Not much room for salary negotiation. Days off and other benefits are non-negotiable

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in January 2011.

Interviewed over the phone initially then followed up with an in person interview with the Underwriting Manager. It took 5 months to get hired. Questions were based on experience, a few were on how I handled difficult situations. Both interviewers discussed processes and procedures in length.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were relatively simple at the time but they are now implementing situation, action, result interview questions to determine behaviors over technical experience.   View Answer
    The offer was in line with my expectations. Benefits are comparable to industry but health care is only HSA options and you have to wait a full 30 days until the following first of the month, so if you are hired on the 15th of the month, you'll be waiting 45 days for coverage.

Corporate Law Intern Interview

First, there was a phone interview with an individual in HR. This was pretty straightforward with typical interview questions, including strengths and weaknesses. There were also behavioral questions, but nothing unexpected. This part of the hiring process seemingly judged your ability to interview. Second, there was an in-person interview in Schaumburg, which was mostly conversational. This part of the hiring process appeared to be judging whether you would be a good "fit."

Interview Questions

Worked for Zurich North America? Contribute to the Community!