Zurich North America Interview Questions

2.9

Risk Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks later. The interview with the recruiter was just a phone screen and then she passed my application/information to a hiring manager. She asked me questions about my education, why I was interested in this position, and which one of my accomplishments I was most proud of.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager about a month later and that was a breeze! It was about a 30 minute phone call and it really felt more like a conversation than an interview. He asked me what my hobbies were, we talked about my interests in this field, favorite courses in college, he talked to me about nanotechnology which was pretty interesting. At the end of the conversation he asked if we could sit down face to face. About a week and a half later I got an email from the recruiter confirming the third interview (scheduled exactly two weeks after my second interview).

My third interview was with the same hiring manager and it wasn't really an interview, again it was more of a conversation and he answered questions I had came with about the position. He was very friendly and extremely helpful. He answered all of my questions thoroughly.

My third interview was on a Friday and I received my offer the following tuesday.

Interview Questions
    The salary was non-negotiable, but very competitive- especially for a training program.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I was called for an interview about a month after submitting my resume. Then had a phone screen with recruiter and afterwards had an in-person interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions. It lasted about an hour. I was told to expect to hear a response in a month. After a month, I followed up with the recruiter and was told they were still interviewing, but to expect an answer soon. It was months ago and I never heard anything back.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zurich North America in March 2015.

It was a one on one Informal interview to get to know more about the company. It allowed me to see if I was a good fit for the organization.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zurich North America in March 2015.

It was a phone screening interview. Just the first step to the interview process. They asked situational questions as well as why you are fit for the specific position. Also, why Zurich. It was a quick interview and very lax. It went by very quick, almost as if I didn't have a chance before the phone call even started.

Workers Compensation Claims Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America.

The interview process was rigorous, however I have a close connection in the company that has worked with Zurich for the last 20 years, which certainly helped tremendously. Multiple phone interviews, one in person interview. I was interviewed by 2 people at once, and they mainly asked about my educational background, job experience, and analytical thinking examples. Fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the internet to a 5 year old in 3 sentences or less.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

The interviewer was not only admirably professional, but also genuinely friendly and enthusiastic! He communicated the general ambiance of the organization to be family-style, philanthropic, and respectful. Terrific overall experience!

Interview Questions
    • General questions about self; courses taken and the topics covered.   Answer Question

Predictive Modeling Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zurich North America.

Applied online. Got a call in 2 days. I am not sure if the recruiter was having a bad day, she seemed annoyed with everything I said. The interview was meant to be behavioral plus resume review but often the recruiter got diverted towards technical and when I began explaining she was unhappy that I was being too technical.

Tax Interview

The interview process is extremely slow. The HR emailed me few times, but it took a long time for him to reply. I applied online and HR email you with an questionnaire including some questions related to the position. The whole process is extremely slow. The HR seems super busy. Every time I tried to call him, he was out of office and no one picked up phone. He never called back either

Management Solutions Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America in January 2015.

I applied online, they sent me an email to schedule a phone interview. They began first by asking me if i was a U.S. citizen, did i need any sponsorship. Then they ask me what college did i attend and why? What do you know about Zurich? Then they ask me about behavior questions. If your college made a mistake what would you do? He then went on to explain to me about the job. I ask him what they were looking for in an employer.

Predictive Modeler Interview

Submit resume online. Received phone interview few weeks later. HR was very nice and went through my resume in details. Also some common situation questions. I was too nervous at first and could not express myself clearly. The interview last about 40-50 mins. No response so far. It was my first phone interview.