Zurich North America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.9

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with an individual in HR. This was pretty straightforward with typical interview questions, including strengths and weaknesses. There were also behavioral questions, but nothing unexpected. This part of the hiring process seemingly judged your ability to interview. Second, there was an in-person interview in Schaumburg, which was mostly conversational. This part of the hiring process appeared to be judging whether you would be a good "fit."

Corporate Tax Intern Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of one phone interview with an HR rep and one phone interview with the supervising manager. A few behavioral questions and situational questions. The original application was seen on their website and can apply from there. After that, an HR rep will contact candidates if they meet the criteria.

Processing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy I did have to interview with the hiring manager and her mananger. There was only one interview and got a call back within a week.

Interview Questions

• There were a few scenario questions that were hard to think of an answer too. There were no unexpected questions I just need to prepare for more scenario questions for any future interviews.   Answer Question

Claims Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zurich North America (Woodland Hills, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website, soon after received an email inviting me to do a phone interview. Both the recruiter and I set up a time to speak. On the day of, he never called me. I called his number and emailed him back but he decided to play the ignore game. Does this company post job openings to troll people? I understand it's an employer's market, but to disrespect potential employees is only disrespecting the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

easy on campus interview then final round in schaumburg

Got better offer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions...they just want to see what kind of person you are   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Application, Interviews, Aptitude and Personalty test, Background check. I interviewed with 5 people within the department which gave helpful insight to their different perspectives. Overall the process was long but very informative.

Predictive Modeling Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Received phone screen from HR. Very simple, and set it up for a next round phone interview with a statistician. This did not go pretty well. I updated with them right after I passed SOA/CAS exam C/4. This helped and I got a chance for on-site interview. There are 6 rounds of interview with senior employee and mangers. I gotta say the questions are fair, although they were a little difficult to me. And I learned a lot from the experience.

Interview Questions

• Most likely focused on my past projects and technical details, such as what kind of modeling did you use? What link function is it for that model?   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Applied job online, received a phone call and phone interview within a week. Unfortunately didn't make it to next step. Recruiter was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Rate your knowledge to the following lines of business from 1 to 10. 10 is the highest number.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zurich North America in March 2014.

Interview

The application process is very streamlined and easy. I love it that they've integrated LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

• Actually, no difficult questions... they were all reflective of the description of the posting.   Answer Question