Zurich North America Interview Questions & Reviews

85 interviews

2.9

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zurich North America in November 2013.

The director and vp of talent acquisition have little to no actual TA experience, so that may explain some of the experience that I personally had.

I invested eight hours of my time (I am employed, so cost me a PTO day) plus sent thank you letters to each of the individuals that I interviewed with and did not receive even a system generated email notifying me of my non-selection. There are no sour grapes on not being selected, here, I am only taking issue to their communications. All is well that ends well I suppose because I have heard from multiple third parties that the TA department at Zurich NA is in tatters and is not close to turning the corner. Apparently, the TA department is looked down upon by all corners of the business.

The interviews themselves were fine. More conversational than anything else. One of the mgrs did incorporate some behavioral based questions. Again, 8 hour long interviews not including the initial phone screens, and zero communications back to me on the selection decision.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected.... I was asked "What annoys you?". How prophetic.   View Answer

Underwriter Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Zurich North America.

Applied then the next day I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The interview was about 45mins long with basic questions such as tell me about a time when you held a leadership position, why zurich, a lot of the questions were tell me about.....
    the next week i received a call back from HR and set up a time to go to the office and meet with the VP and interview.. easier questions the following week or so i received a call back and had another phone interview since i lived far away and it was the same style interview.. i am waiting to here back from them

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you weren't given enough information to complete an assignment   Answer Question

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Zurich North America in November 2013.

I applied through online and after 1 week got phone call to set up a time with recruiter. And recruiter called and asked behavioral questions.

Manager, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zurich North America in November 2013.

Applied online through LinkedIn. I received a call from a corporate recruiter to set up a time to speak. The phone interview lasted just over an hour. 2-3 weeks went buy before hearing back. They set up a time to come in an meet with several individuals in TA. I was told this would take 2-2.5 hours. I received the itinerary the night before (6:09 PM). The itinerary was for 3.5 hours, which was inconvenient since I am employed and have a full schedule. This issue could have been avoided with a little more heads up, and I could have planned accordingly. In actuality the interview process that day last 4.5 hours. I had a total of 5 separate interviews that day. The first interview was an hour with the head of TA. I thought it was a good interview. Part 1 was getting to know me and my background. Part 2 he asked 3 behavioral interview questions. This interviewer was clearly prepared and looked over my resume ahead of time. The remaining interviewers were not prepared. It felt as if they were looking at my resume for the first time. The 2nd interview overlapped lunch. So we walked down to their cafeteria to get food to bring back up during the interview. This was very awkward trying to answer someone's questions while trying to eat. To be honest I had 2 bites of a salad and that was it. I would rather we stayed focus on the interview without the disruption. The remaining interviews were all the same. Tell me what you do. Their only concern was how many open positions I and my team worked on. Every company is going to have their own recruiting challenges, and to me it was like trying to compare apples and oranges without ever tasting either one. Needless to say I was very burnt the 2nd half of the day due to answering the same questions over and over. I was told I would have some feedback within 7-10 days. I interviewed in November 14th, and today is January 15th and I still have yet to hear from them. I did follow up via and email and phone calls (not the stalker type), and still no response. In my opinion it is very unprofessional for an organization to occupy so much of someone's time without giving the courtesy to let them know the outcome. Every ATS has a feature to send out a rejection letter. To operate that feature only takes a couple clicks of the mouse. Maybe they should have their IT department stop by and show them how to use feature. Based on my overall experience I would not recommend interviewing there. If they called me today to apologize for the delay, and offer me the position, I would turn it down.

P.S. The online application is very tedious and time consuming, and they have you complete a background check prior to your first phone interview (sketchy).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you identified a problem and took action to correct it (or something like that).   Answer Question

Underwriter Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Zurich North America in January 2013.

Email first. Than phone interview. Than face to face interview. Got back to me very quickly after each (within 1-2 weeks).

Not much available.

Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Zurich North America.

Over 15 years ago the process was an interview on campus, an interview with 2 managers in the office, followed with an offer. Brought back in for basic testing. Had to submit background check and pass drug screen. Once completed the offer was finalized.

Interview Questions
    • Any disputes with management and how did you handle yourself and resolve the situation?   View Answer
    Really no negotiation involved. Simple offer.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Zurich North America.

First got a call from HR. We set up a phone interview in the next week. During the first round phone interview, she asked several basic questions such as "describe a situation that you use a different approach to solve a problem." Then I asked her a couple of questions. The HR is very friendly and talkable! She actually gave me suggestions about the second round inverviews. I was impressed by this nice lady! Now I'm waiting for the second phone inverview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zurich North America in February 2012.

got an interview at their Schaumburg office with their HR department was shown around the department i would be working for good place to work

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most valuable experience in college thus far   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zurich North America in August 2009.

Multi-interviews with various upper management. No real curveball questions. Straight forward approach regarding my experience and management style. Long, long wait to hear back from hiring manager regarding offer. Might have been better if I had been kept in the loop regarding position status. Provided good details on benefits.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise questions. Actually, somewhat disappointed.   Answer Question
    Smooth, no problems.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Zurich North America in October 2012.

Process takes too long

Interview Questions
    • None - just long periods between interview steps in the process   Answer Question

Found a better company to work for. Worried about the culture/reputation of Zurich and having that on my resume.