Zurich North America

2.9

F & I Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zurich North America in July 2013.

Initial telephone interview with recruiter then 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager. Must also do a Wonderlic Test--make sure you answer "Yes" when asked if you've stolen from an employer. Answering "No" makes you weird and an unappealing candidate. That's not a joke.
    Expect the hiring manager to be unprepared--bring a copy of your resume. Also, do not be early! Apparently punctuality is an annoyance and gets the interview started on the wrong foot! Show-up a few minutes late.

Interview Questions
    • None--they were all standard and predictable questions; greatest strengths/weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Claims Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America in May 2013.

The hiring and interview process was good, because they asked specific questions on how you can bring experience to the company, and what will you contribute to the company's overall success.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience to you have in insurance?. Do you have a good learning ability?.   View Answer

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America in May 2013.

Initially was interviewd by HR for about 45 min on the phone. Then have not hard for 1.5 months despite some follow ups. Then unexpectedly was called in for in-person interview with two manager and addtional phone interview with another Project Leader. Then went back for another round with the team(very informal) just ot meet them and also had another phone interview with the director. Had an offer within 3 days after the last round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How are you planning to improve our processes? What steps are you planning to take?   Answer Question
    I rec eived offer gave counteroffer and they pretty much agreed to everything I have asked for and came back within 2 days. I accepted.

Underwriter Interview

meet with local manager first, if local manager recommends, you will meet with senior staff - regional H.O. managers in Owings Mill, MD. If the ok is received from H.O. hiring manager can make the final call.

Interview Questions
    • In general they want to know how well you know your market/territory and agent/agency relationships you bring to the table. Organization's market awarness is very high.   Answer Question
    win win

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zurich North America.

I submitted an application online and received a phone call to set up a phone interview from someone in HR a few days later. We scheduled a phone interview with an actuary for later that week.

All of the questions in the phone interview were pretty simple - pretty standard "most common interview questions." Why do you want to be an actuary, why do you want to work at Zurich, describe a time you solved a program, etc. Although the interviewer was an actuary, he worked primarily with non-actuaries, and he did not know what departments entry-level hires were generally placed in, nor did he even know which departments were located in which geographical locations. He was unable to answer any of my questions, but he said that if I was chosen for an on-site interview, I would have the chance to speak with employees in the student program who would have more information.

About a week or so later, I received a call from HR to set up an on-site interview. The company paid my travel expenses. I interviewed with three actuaries for a half hour each. (I did not meet with anyone in the student program.) The first two went okay and had pretty standard questions. The third interviewer surprised me with more of a case interview that was difficult and, in my opinion, inappropriate for an entry-level interview. He then asked me fairly specific questions about math courses I had taken. The vibe was less friendly and more intimidating, but it might have just been my interviewers.

I never received any follow up, other than the check for my travel. I would have appreciated at least an email telling me I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions
    • How would you price this hypothetical, nonstandard insurance product to protect a company from having to pay out too much in sweepstakes winnings?   Answer Question

Claims Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter within a few days of submitting the application. Had a basic preliminary phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. By the end of the interview, I was asked to interview in person in the local office. The in-person interview lasted about 4 hours total, with 45 minute interviews within 4 employees of the Claims department.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls would it take to fill a Boeing 747 airplane?   View Answers (2)

Underwriter Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America in January 2013.

Email first. Than phone interview. Than face to face interview. Got back to me very quickly after each (within 1-2 weeks).

Not much available.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America in October 2012.

Process takes too long

Interview Questions
    • None - just long periods between interview steps in the process   Answer Question

Found a better company to work for. Worried about the culture/reputation of Zurich and having that on my resume.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Phone interview with HR
    Phone Interview with hiring manager
    In-person interview with hiring manager, department VP and another department manger

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you made an error and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America in July 2012.

Was contacted by a recruiter who gave me a phone interview. Then brought me in to hiring manager; we probably spent an hour together. I came back a few weeks later to meet the multiple team members (3 hours). Didn't get an offer due to a restructuring.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - Nothing asked was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question