Zurich North America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

easy on campus interview then final round in schaumburg

Got better offer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions...they just want to see what kind of person you are   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Application, Interviews, Aptitude and Personalty test, Background check. I interviewed with 5 people within the department which gave helpful insight to their different perspectives. Overall the process was long but very informative.

Predictive Modeling Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Received phone screen from HR. Very simple, and set it up for a next round phone interview with a statistician. This did not go pretty well. I updated with them right after I passed SOA/CAS exam C/4. This helped and I got a chance for on-site interview. There are 6 rounds of interview with senior employee and mangers. I gotta say the questions are fair, although they were a little difficult to me. And I learned a lot from the experience.

Interview Questions

• Most likely focused on my past projects and technical details, such as what kind of modeling did you use? What link function is it for that model?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Applied job online, received a phone call and phone interview within a week. Unfortunately didn't make it to next step. Recruiter was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Rate your knowledge to the following lines of business from 1 to 10. 10 is the highest number.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zurich North America in March 2014.

Interview

The application process is very streamlined and easy. I love it that they've integrated LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

• Actually, no difficult questions... they were all reflective of the description of the posting.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter at first and the whole process to hire took about two months from when I first talked to the recruiter to when they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What type of person do you have a hard time working with?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I had one screening interview over the phone followed by two more phone interviews with managers. After completing these I was invited in to have an hour long interview with one of the claims managers.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about myself such as why I got into insurance, what classes I like at school, and what I like about the company. The interview was very easy going and conversational with no hard questions.   Answer Question

Risk Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Don't bother applying if you don't meet the GPA minimum. Applied and was scheduled for a phone interview, only to find out I wouldn't be considered for the job at all because I fell .08 short of the GPA requirement, even with a high major gpa and relevant work experience they refused to consider me for the position. Big waste of Time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Applied then the next day I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The interview was about 45mins long with basic questions such as tell me about a time when you held a leadership position, why zurich, a lot of the questions were tell me about.....
    the next week i received a call back from HR and set up a time to go to the office and meet with the VP and interview.. easier questions the following week or so i received a call back and had another phone interview since i lived far away and it was the same style interview.. i am waiting to here back from them

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't given enough information to complete an assignment   Answer Question