Zurich North America Interview Questions in Schaumburg, IL

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I had one screening interview over the phone followed by two more phone interviews with managers. After completing these I was invited in to have an hour long interview with one of the claims managers.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about myself such as why I got into insurance, what classes I like at school, and what I like about the company. The interview was very easy going and conversational with no hard questions.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

The director and vp of talent acquisition have little to no actual TA experience, so that may explain some of the experience that I personally had.

I invested eight hours of my time (I am employed, so cost me a PTO day) plus sent thank you letters to each of the individuals that I interviewed with and did not receive even a system generated email notifying me of my non-selection. There are no sour grapes on not being selected, here, I am only taking issue to their communications. All is well that ends well I suppose because I have heard from multiple third parties that the TA department at Zurich NA is in tatters and is not close to turning the corner. Apparently, the TA department is looked down upon by all corners of the business.

The interviews themselves were fine. More conversational than anything else. One of the mgrs did incorporate some behavioral based questions. Again, 8 hour long interviews not including the initial phone screens, and zero communications back to me on the selection decision.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected.... I was asked "What annoys you?". How prophetic.   1 Answer

Manager, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. I received a call from a corporate recruiter to set up a time to speak. The phone interview lasted just over an hour. 2-3 weeks went buy before hearing back. They set up a time to come in an meet with several individuals in TA. I was told this would take 2-2.5 hours. I received the itinerary the night before (6:09 PM). The itinerary was for 3.5 hours, which was inconvenient since I am employed and have a full schedule. This issue could have been avoided with a little more heads up, and I could have planned accordingly. In actuality the interview process that day last 4.5 hours. I had a total of 5 separate interviews that day. The first interview was an hour with the head of TA. I thought it was a good interview. Part 1 was getting to know me and my background. Part 2 he asked 3 behavioral interview questions. This interviewer was clearly prepared and looked over my resume ahead of time. The remaining interviewers were not prepared. It felt as if they were looking at my resume for the first time. The 2nd interview overlapped lunch. So we walked down to their cafeteria to get food to bring back up during the interview. This was very awkward trying to answer someone's questions while trying to eat. To be honest I had 2 bites of a salad and that was it. I would rather we stayed focus on the interview without the disruption. The remaining interviews were all the same. Tell me what you do. Their only concern was how many open positions I and my team worked on. Every company is going to have their own recruiting challenges, and to me it was like trying to compare apples and oranges without ever tasting either one. Needless to say I was very burnt the 2nd half of the day due to answering the same questions over and over. I was told I would have some feedback within 7-10 days. I interviewed in November 14th, and today is January 15th and I still have yet to hear from them. I did follow up via and email and phone calls (not the stalker type), and still no response. In my opinion it is very unprofessional for an organization to occupy so much of someone's time without giving the courtesy to let them know the outcome. Every ATS has a feature to send out a rejection letter. To operate that feature only takes a couple clicks of the mouse. Maybe they should have their IT department stop by and show them how to use feature. Based on my overall experience I would not recommend interviewing there. If they called me today to apologize for the delay, and offer me the position, I would turn it down.

P.S. The online application is very tedious and time consuming, and they have you complete a background check prior to your first phone interview (sketchy).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified a problem and took action to correct it (or something like that).   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center and was eventually contacted by multiple members of the finance team for phone interviews over the course of two months. The phone conversations were informal. I was asked to discuss how my varying experiences could be applied to the daily requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you with the MS Office Suite, specifically Excel & Access?   Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially was interviewd by HR for about 45 min on the phone. Then have not hard for 1.5 months despite some follow ups. Then unexpectedly was called in for in-person interview with two manager and addtional phone interview with another Project Leader. Then went back for another round with the team(very informal) just ot meet them and also had another phone interview with the director. Had an offer within 3 days after the last round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How are you planning to improve our processes? What steps are you planning to take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I rec eived offer gave counteroffer and they pretty much agreed to everything I have asked for and came back within 2 days. I accepted.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Process takes too long

Interview Questions

• None - just long periods between interview steps in the process   Answer Question

Found a better company to work for. Worried about the culture/reputation of Zurich and having that on my resume.

Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

human resources called for phone interview it was easy then went in for a two person in person interview. After that was completed it took three moths to hear back if I received the job. Zurich works so slow on making a hiring decision. Its awful.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in the insurance industry   1 Answer

Corporate Tax Accountant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Internship interview consisted of phone interviews. First interview was with a human resource recruiter. Second interview was with two managers. Interview was moderate to difficult questions consisting of behavioral and resume mixed questions. Overall, not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Share a real life experience that you were looked as a team leader?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Received several phone calls from recruiter. After a brief interview with her, she recommended me to a manager that I would be directly working under. I then received a phone call the next week from this manager and traditional questions were asked (How would you rate your excel skills, tell me about a difficult time, etc.). Several weeks later the female recruiter called me back stating I was not selected for the opportunity.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

got an interview at their Schaumburg office with their HR department was shown around the department i would be working for good place to work

Interview Questions

• What has been your most valuable experience in college thus far   Answer Question