Zycus

Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zycus.

It was long and tedious process. 1st round was the aptitude session from which around 20% candidates were selected. Next round was group discussion in which an open ended question was given for a debate.50% of the selected candidates where dropped and rest proceeded for personal interview. Personal interview included both HR and technical. Questions based on C were asked.

Vice President of Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zycus in January 2013.

Initial contact was with an internal corporate recruiter. He was responsive and professional. We had a good conversation and I was advanced to the next step. I was required to take a 30 minute evaluation on line. It was not too difficult, however I had to dust off some of my own cobwebs as they were mostly math word problems which I have not had to do for 20 years. Nothing too difficult. There were supposed to be fifteen problems but my second page would not render so I only completed the first ten. I believe I got them all correct.

Following this I was moved to the next step, which was a phone conference with the CEO. He interviewed some of the candidates in person, however it was in NJ so I opted for a phone conference. I feel the interview went well and I was a good fit, however at the end he did indicate although it went well, he was looking for someone with experience scaling up a larger team. (My largest team was 22 people in the past)

Interview Questions
    • The questions on the evaluation were a bit tricky.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zycus.

The process consisted of 4 rounds. The company had come for campus recruitment. There was a aptitude test for 20 min followed by a GD each group had a different topic mostling relating to current topics and role of youth. This followed by a round in which everyone got 30 min to design a business idea which was unique it was followed by a PI in which questions related to ur resume and business idea were asked. The selected students then had two more rounds in the company. Overall it was I great experience as the recruiters were very chilled out.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zycus.

Excel related and technical questions.Why you wanna join zycus

Business Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zycus.

1. Aptitude ( 10 questions, +2,-1) 30 min. Level : Easy, Look out for silly mistakes though.
    2. GD (Different topics for different groups)
    3. Interview (Typical HR interview with some twists, more of an interaction process they try to gauge your ability to hold a conversation as well look for cues that inform them whether you're being yourself or making things up and be careful to steer the interview in the right direction, don't get distracted by their casual nature.)
    4. Interview with HOD

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to be asked to sell them something on the spot, though the item may vary or in some cases   View Answer

Software Engineer Trainee Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zycus in October 2014.

general aptitude test 30 questions 30 mins most of the part on quant..
    Tech apti 2 programs on array..of avg level if your logic is good..both offline apti..
    after 1 week call for technical+HR interview

Interview Questions
    • In interview 1st question was tell me about yourself as expected,After that he came to my project he was asking again and again some doubts on my project if you will tell something about your project he will ask some questions from your explaination.After that he moved to java some questions on interface,adt,dynamic static,why public static void main,some questions on hacking facebook account.about 30 mina he took my interview.Interview was good answered all questions except 2 but not got selected. I didn't said good morning and may i sit all and shake hand with him.That might be reason for rejection I think....!
      for 1st apti there were 100 students,after that for technical apti approximately 50 were selected.then through tech apti 8 were selected was among those..
      and after interview 2 were selected
        Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zycus in October 2014.

College recruitment-first test then GD( topic- yes, I'm a murderer). Had an interview which went good but i wasn't ready to move to Mumbai. I was asked to introduce myself and was asked to formulate a strategy to sell different products.

Business Development Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zycus in September 2014.

Aptitiude test followed by a GD round. If you pass these two you get a personal interview.The aptitude test is very basic and requires common sense pretty much. Its basic quants. THe follow up GD is a very general topic on which one can speak comfortably if you have a decent command on the language.

Interview Questions

Not interesed in the job profile

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zycus in September 2014.

the process includes 5 steps:- group discussion ,aptitude test,technical test,Technical & HR interview.
    easy to crack 1st three steps.the Technical interview is more about puzzle than your technical skillsets.
    my technical interview lasted to 45-50 mins.

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zycus in September 2014.

It was a scheduled interview in a hotel at Pune location. It started with a short brief about their company in a big conf room by one of the company representative and he said they have plans to open a branch in pune, for the same reason they started hiring. First round was technical apti round, which was really basic that even if i don't post questions a person with 6 months experience in the field would crack without any preparation. It was a mailed interview, but many of the people just walked in.

I managed to crack the apti. The next round was technical interview, for which the shortlisted candidates have to wait for 3 hours.

I was really disappointed with the technical interview part, there were two guys who were taking the interview sitting on couch. They didn't asked much things just resume, a php question, only a jquery question which i guess i was right, and the interview was over. The attitude of guys was not at all like they are taking a technical interview, they didn't understand the importance of the procedure it was too much casual. It was really not worth the wait. When i asked them for results, they said i will be contacted by HR for the same. While they asked one of the guy to wait for HR round, i thought why didn't they told me on the face directly.

Anyways its a great company, but certainly it was not a good experience.