Zygo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Interview

Senior
Richmond, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zygo.

Interview Details – Very long process. Multiple phone and on site interviews. Repeated interruptions during the interview onsite by coworkers. No coherent format. Individuals came and went seemingly at random.
Some managers interviewing styles were very antagonistic.

Interview Question – Got asked if married or had children by two separate managers at different times. This is illegal!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long. Previous paycheck was asked for !!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Middlefield, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Zygo in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was nice. He found some connection with me through one of the professors I worked with on my papers. He gave me an engineering measurement scenario and asked me any idea of solving the problem. He then gave some hint to kick out the discussion. During the process, he elaborated the work I was supposed to do during the intern and how my capability can be contributed there. However, I did not get the offer because they need to do one month background check on me.

Interview Question – How do you measure the relative shift between glass cube and metal plate glued together by epoxy during the curing process?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Zygo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zygo interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Zygo employees and interview candidates.