Zygo

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zygo

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zygo.

Very long process. Multiple phone and on site interviews. Repeated interruptions during the interview onsite by coworkers. No coherent format. Individuals came and went seemingly at random.
    Some managers interviewing styles were very antagonistic.

Interview Questions
    • Got asked if married or had children by two separate managers at different times. This is illegal!   Answer Question
    Long. Previous paycheck was asked for !!

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlefield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlefield, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zygo in May 2011.

The interviewer was nice. He found some connection with me through one of the professors I worked with on my papers. He gave me an engineering measurement scenario and asked me any idea of solving the problem. He then gave some hint to kick out the discussion. During the process, he elaborated the work I was supposed to do during the intern and how my capability can be contributed there. However, I did not get the offer because they need to do one month background check on me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you measure the relative shift between glass cube and metal plate glued together by epoxy during the curing process?   Answer Question