Zynga Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

3.3

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zynga in April 2014.

The interview involves solving a case given by Zynga and 4 1 on 1 interviews. It is silly that out of all these interviews, 1 interviewer's personal disliking can reject a candidate. The interviewer can give you additional assignments to check if you can write specs or not. I personally found it annpying because it is only a time waste and they are not open to accept suggestions.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I had 5 interviews at Zynga to be hired as a product manager from industry. 3 of the interviews were with product mangers at Zynga and the remaining with senior management at the company.

The interviews with the product managers were focused entirely on specific games -- breaking down core mechanics, monetization and feature sets. Each lasted 30-40 minutes.

The interviews with the senior management were broader and encompassed a range of topics around the games industry overall.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zynga.

They called me in for many rounds of interview togather.
    They liked me in the first round and then I was interviewed by a more senior member and eventually by the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had enough budget and wanted to take the team out ?   Answer Question
    They took very long to reply.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in October 2012.

They came through campus recruitment.
    There was a written round at first, I could clear it and with me only 20 other people got selected. The written round was in the form of an online test which was kinda not so accurate. Some of my best classmates got rejected in it.

Interview Questions
    • He just asked me about pointers and i could explain well but he on purpose was trying to pressurise me in to telling things which I was not saying.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zynga in September 2012.

The company came to our University for hiring. I had 2 interviews overall. The first interview consisted of mostly simple algorithmic questions. In the second interview, I was asked about designing a game in which players will predict scores for upcoming cricket games and the game will score the player based on the result. I answered that it could be done by using a structure somewhat like a segment tree in which right guesses for initial matches are awarded less than those for the later ones(semi finals,etc).

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement a LRU(Least Recently Used) cache?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zynga in August 2012.

There was an initial online written test consisting of 14 mcq's and a coding question.
    Then 2 technical interviews( 1st - design problem)
    ( 2nd - C,data structures, algo, project related)
    Final HR round

Interview Questions
    • Design a card game, what data structure to use to minimize pattern searching operation in Poker.   Answer Question

Zynga Game Network Inc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

First, they conducted an online test on "interviewstreet.com". Which has 14 MCQ ( basic algo and DS) and 1 coding question. Then there was two technical interview followed by 1 special tech. interview by their Game Architect (compulsory for everyone). Last, the normal HR interview. They Focused on Coding, Algorithm , OS and Networks. Guys were really cool since it has start-up culture.

Interview Questions
    • Given the priorities and time of processes, design a scheduling Algorithm such that all the process ends together (i.e. time between completion of two process should not differ by O(nT), where n= total number of process and T = time quantum) ???   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

3 Technical and 1 HR Round

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zynga in January 2012.

1st round was a test - the questions related to logical reasoning types, suggestions for improvement in zynga games etc
    Interview-was kind of analytical reasoning, scenario was given and was asked to develop a game based on that, and then different scenarios were explained and tested whether proper reason can be arrived at why something is observed.

QA Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zynga in January 2012.

1st Telephonic - Current role brief out + basic questions needed for the position applied
    2nd Technical - programming + skill required for the current job
    3rd Technical - programming + understanding of the job profile +IQ/Intelligence Test
    4th Technical - algorithms
    5th Personality - background, interests, general questions

Interview Questions
    • Four people come to a river in the night. There is a narrow bridge, but it can only hold two people at a time. They have one torch and, because it's night, the torch has to be used when crossing the bridge. Person A can cross the bridge in 1 minute, B in 2 minutes, C in 5 minutes, and D in 8 minutes. When two people cross the bridge together, they must move at the slower person's pace. The question is, can they all get across the bridge in 15 minutes or less?
      Write an alogorithm to solve the puzzle.
        View Answer