Zynga

Zynga Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

3.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zynga.

I was given several problems to solve over a weekend. On Monday I showed up, signed an NDA and then the interview began. Only waited about 5-10 mins and was treated very courteous. Very technical interview where I had to explain the algorithms and then how to optimize it

Interview Questions
    • String manipulation, optimizations, and caching. Need to be very fluent at it   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in July 2011.

Hiring and interview process was very pleasant, but that situation probably has changed now as the company was at the very height of its prosperity when I joined, and since then has changed dramatically.

The hardest part was once the Zynga recruiter contacted me, I just had to stay on him with lots of continued contact to keep him pushing the process forward.

I learned that having a company recruiter contact you is the 2nd best way to get employed somewhere (having a personal contact working there is the 1st).

Interview Questions
    • None really. Most was straight forward. The company seems to enjoy those who have a variety of skills rather than mastery of just one.   Answer Question
    I initially asked for a lot more than what my previous job paid, but they met me more in the middle, but as a bonus gave shares of stock... which at the time seemed like a good deal with a lot of potential... I wouldn't take stock at this point.

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zynga in May 2011.

From my experience, this was a typical team-based interview for a technical company. After an initial phone screen, I was invited into the office to meet the team and interview with a few managers.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a game that you are familiar with and describe one aspect of the gameplay that you think is great.   Answer Question
    • Pick a game that you are familiar with and describe how you could modify it to make it more social.   Answer Question