Zynga Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

VIP Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and only lasted 2 weeks. Two phone and one in person. I got a call the day of the in-person interview that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, also research the company regardless of what position you are interviewing for...the interviewer appreciates this.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I apply throw website, It took one week to schedule a Phone screen, First we go throw my resume, like any basic interview, what I did in my last position, why I'm leaving from my current position, Did I have experience with game, How did hear about us, and them we start interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Display the next lines without using loop:
      ***
      ****
      ***

1 Answer

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I am not prepared any of these questions. First 10 minute about me and my background. Next 30 min about algorithm, data stucture question. I did't get any on site interview maybe because of my english.

Interview Questions

• What is different between queue and stack? Can you explain me merge sort? Do you know hash, how it works? Thread? Deadlock?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zynga.

Interview

phone call and the in person interview during the interview there was some linked list and binary tree and data structure stuff asked and it was fairly straight forward and later on go to meet the team

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zynga in January 2015.

Interview

I had a job position from them recommended to me through Linkedin's 'job' section. I applied because the job description matched exactly what I did at my last job. I applied and got an interview within two days. They offered me the job, but I was disappointed to find out they would only be paying $90 a week on average. No benefits offered either.

Interview Questions

They would not offer me benefits and the pay was too low.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zynga in January 2015.

Interview

Behavioral phone screen followed by another round of technical phone interviews lasting about two hours with various engineers at Zynga. There were no actual coding questions. Most of the questions tested general CS knowledge, and there were a few questions that asked how you would handle a specific problem. If you payed attention in your core CS classes and can describe your projects inside-out with confidence, you're golden.

Interview Questions

• Given a random maze and a "robot" in the top left corner, describe an algorithm to bring the robot to the center given only a method that outputs the walls adjacent to the robot.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

This is a fast-paced company so come with a mentality where you are ready to be entrepreneurial and flexible. Come with questions for the interviewers and make sure you have researched about the company, including games that they have developed, their current business strategies, new platforms they are venturing into, what technology they are trying to build, what are some of their key competitors and how are their games performing on the different platforms they are distributed on, whether it is mobile or web.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your key achievement from your last company in great details and what our overall approach and strategy was.   Answer Question

Localization Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

first they emailed me and then to phone interview. first 15 min the guy spoke about the position and another 15 min the guy asked me about myself and questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zynga.

Interview

The process was simple, had an on campus interview followed by a phone round where I had three people interview me. I was asked a couple of very generic game development questions, inheritance concepts, Java vs C++. They also asked me about algorithms, big O, big Omega, big Theta. I was then waited for about 2 weeks before I got to hear from them, unfortunately the answer was a no.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Met a representative from Zynga at an infosession and gave my resume. Zynga scheduled an interview with me a few weeks after. Had one 30-minute interview. Spent the first half going over resume, and the second half was a couple of technical questions (one definition one and one coding one).

Interview Questions

• As long as you know your data structures well (especially linked lists), you should be fine for the technical questions. Nothing excessively complicated was asked -- as long as you have the basics down, you should be fine. Interviewer provided helpful hints if stuck.   Answer Question