Zynga

181 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arist Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in May 2010.

Interview Details – 3 Phone interviews and 2 In-person interviews

Negotiation Details – Artist tend to jump right into the salary offered. Think carefully on what you are getting, do your research. Also, will you receive a stipend? A starting bonus? Equity? Etc.

Product Management Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zynga in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in January, and received email about arranging a first-round interview in March. Smooth process overall.

Interview Questions

• What features would you add or change to your favorite Zynga game? Take me through the user flow.   Answer Question
  • If you had to pick the most important metrics for a dashboard you're building, what would they be and why?   Answer Question
  • Let's say DAU is increasing while MAU is stagnant. What actionable insights can you draw from this?   Answer Question

Gamer Interview

Harrisonburg, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in October 2010.

Interview Details – Play the game as hard as can.

Interview Question – Do I have a certain animal.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in October 2013.

Interview Details – The in-person interview was easy, they didn't ask any technical questions, but only quizzed on experience and skills. That was followed by 3 phone interviews (same day), in which they asked a lot of technical questions, focusing on data structures especially, and computer management. There were no coding questions, but they did ask how would you implement something.

Interview Question – How would you design Words with Friends? What Data structure?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and had two rounds of interview over the phone. The first one was with HR person which asked just regular question. Second one was with a director which asked narrow and specific questions about my background and asked me a few practical questions and real situations and was testing me.

Interview Question – How to compare different ad networks...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through the careers page. Got an email from a recruiter after a couple of days and set up a phone call with the recruiter. The questions were mostly behavioral and some of them were technical(whats the difference between array and linked list, etc).

After this interview, I got a call back from the recruiter after a couple days to set up the technical interviews. I had three back to back technical interviews in the span of 2-2.5 hrs.

The first interview was focused on my resume and there were some technical trivia questions.

The second interview was a coding round. Just brush up on data structures and algorithms and you should be fine.

The third interview was a design round. The interviewer gave me a bunch of scenarios and asked me to design an system and an algorithm (ex- how do you implement the portals in the portal game)

I got a call back from the recruiter after a couple of days saying they're willing to extend an offer.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The offer was super competitive and the perks are amazing.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds including case interviews

Interview Question – Why is xyz feature priced appropriately? How would you price it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Zynga

Interview Details – first had a short chat with a recruiter to see what I was looking for, what kind of experience I have had, etc. Then went straight to a 2 hour phone interview process. Was called by three people within that time and answered typical technical interview questions. Coded for two of them on a computer, the third one was more casual chatting.

Interview Question – Generally pretty typical questions   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got a response from the recruiter within 48 hours after I sent in my resume.
1 phone behavior and general interview from the recruiter. Mostly about past work experiences After the phone discussion with the recruiter, I was offered an onsite interview opportunity to schedule out within the next two weeks.
The onsite interview includes 4 interviews total: 2 QA managers, 1 QA director, 1 QA Engineer.
Interview with the QA managers consist of general problem solving. E.g. how to design a card game and to test it. Also questions in regards to QA process and behavior questions on how to work with other team members.
Interview with the QA director was mainly just behavior questions and the ideal role and growth that I would receive if employed at the company.
Interview with the QA Engineer consist of a few IQ questions and 1 programming question.

Interview Question – How to connect 9 dots in a cube with just 5 lines.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in November 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted the in-house recruiter, who a week later was laid off. A few days later, they reached out, scheduled the on-site, found a team suitable for my skills, I interviewed a few more people at Zynga.

Interview Question – Data structures were key, as was the ability to mind meld with how the computer will execute specific pieces of code. "What is the memory necessary for this iterative block of code?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted a significant equity position in exchange for a more normal cost-of-living area adjustment from a lower-cost area of the country.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zynga

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zynga interview questions and advice. All 181 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zynga employees and interview candidates.