Zynga

Zynga Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

Product Management Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zynga in March 2014.

Applied in January, and received email about arranging a first-round interview in March. Smooth process overall.

Interview Questions
    • What features would you add or change to your favorite Zynga game? Take me through the user flow.   Answer Question
    • If you had to pick the most important metrics for a dashboard you're building, what would they be and why?   Answer Question
    • Let's say DAU is increasing while MAU is stagnant. What actionable insights can you draw from this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in March 2014.

Fast interview process. Nice people. From the time the recruiter called to the time I was interviewing in person was 2 weeks. They are very sure about what they know so do not challenge their thoughts or comments even if they are wrong. This might be true for any interview but especially here. I don't think they like disagreements or differing views. You must always support your views with "proof" which makes it difficult working outside of data and stats and really getting creative and out of the box.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. The only thing you have to remember is that they really want you to be playing their games before you go there. You MUST be a big fan of their games. They will ask you about your levels, collections, etc.   Answer Question

Work/life balance was poor. Looked like everyone was always stressed out. People looked paranoid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in February 2014.

Applied online and had two rounds of interview over the phone. The first one was with HR person which asked just regular question. Second one was with a director which asked narrow and specific questions about my background and asked me a few practical questions and real situations and was testing me.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zynga.

Multiple rounds including case interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why is xyz feature priced appropriately? How would you price it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

first had a short chat with a recruiter to see what I was looking for, what kind of experience I have had, etc. Then went straight to a 2 hour phone interview process. Was called by three people within that time and answered typical technical interview questions. Coded for two of them on a computer, the third one was more casual chatting.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zynga in January 2014.

The overall interview process was okay. I was there for about 2 hours interviewing with 5 people. The 2 coordinators were not so enthused and it showed in their faces when I asked "how long have you been with Zynga..." long story short, BOTH of those coordinators moved on to other companies.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in December 2013.

Applied online through the careers page. Got an email from a recruiter after a couple of days and set up a phone call with the recruiter. The questions were mostly behavioral and some of them were technical(whats the difference between array and linked list, etc).

After this interview, I got a call back from the recruiter after a couple days to set up the technical interviews. I had three back to back technical interviews in the span of 2-2.5 hrs.

The first interview was focused on my resume and there were some technical trivia questions.

The second interview was a coding round. Just brush up on data structures and algorithms and you should be fine.

The third interview was a design round. The interviewer gave me a bunch of scenarios and asked me to design an system and an algorithm (ex- how do you implement the portals in the portal game)

I got a call back from the recruiter after a couple of days saying they're willing to extend an offer.

There was no negotiation. The offer was super competitive and the perks are amazing.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zynga.

Applied through Jobvite and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after. We arranged to speak through a phone call the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick the university you are currently attending?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zynga.

got a interview on campus. Two interviewers: one HR, one technical person. At first the HR
    asked some general behavioral questions about the resume. Then there is one technical question asked by the technical guy.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the basic coding thing about one question in different languages.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zynga in November 2013.

It seems in light of their recent struggles, Zynga may not receive the number of applications they once did. They've abandoned technical phone screens and now promote new grad engineer applicants directly to the onsite round after a recruiter screen.

Interview Questions
    • Three rounds of technical interviews and two fit/behavioral interviews. Typical CTCI problems, the hardest of which were:
      1. Turn a binary tree into a Linked List
      2. Find the largest contiguous subsequence of an array of ints
      3. Print all permutations of a string

In the fit interviews, they want to see a passion for gaming as well as large group project experience. Interviewers were mostly friendly. Play a few Zynga games and be ready to talk about why you like them.

Answer Question