Zynga

189 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zynga in September 2012.

Interview Details – My resume was forwarded to the HR by an employee. From then on it was smooth ride until day of the interview. However, HR was not very professional as we scheduled 2:30 pm for our call and she did not call me at all. After 3:00 pm I reached out to her and she said she mistakenly add my call at 3:15 pm.

Interview Question – It was regular interview. She asked about what changes would you make to Zynga products and what metric would you use for customer engagement.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Applied online and then went to Zynga's booth at a job fair on-campus. When I walked up, the recruiter remembered my name from online and said that she wanted to interview me, so we quickly scheduled one. I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral such as "Why Zynga", "Where would you want to work in Zynga", "What is your favorite Game?", and more similar to that. There were a few simple technical questions like "what is a hash table?" and "what is a list comprehension in python?".

Interview Question – The most difficult question was probably "What is a hash table?", not because the question was hard, but trying to describe what it was to someone who clearly had no technical coding background was pretty tough.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and on site full day of interviews

QA Engineer II Interview

QA Engineer II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zynga in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was really smooth. They ask you basic questions and you fill out some paperwork and you're basically done. The interview process is another thing. You have about 3-5 interviewers that will ask you a series of questions work/life related and etc. They aren't too bad but it depends on who the interviewer is. A few of them are great and really polite but a few others are rude and just seem to be there to try to break you and see what you're made of. Other then that, it's not too bad and you shouldn't have a problem if you know your stuff.

Interview Question – The most difficult question to me that I think is "Why should I hire you and not someone else"? I mean, how do you really answer that. You're the one doing the hiring so you tell me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. It was just some papers that they make you sign and depending on if you're happy with the salary then you sign or you decline. I signed mines on the spot since I needed a job desperately and I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize the opportunity. They are really open to negotiation and they take care of the their employees

2D Artist Interview

2D Artist
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was different for me specifically as my company was acquired. The interview was more of a formality and to double check I was not a trouble maker.

Interview Question – Asking what programs I knew how to use and for how long I was experienced in them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simply 'sign here if you agree'.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn for a PM internship while I was doing my MBA.

I did one 30 minute phone screen with the recruiter where we talked about 1) my interest and background in gaming and 2) what metrics I would look at to determine the health of my favorite Zynga game.

After that, I was invited on campus where I did 5 interviews, with a break for lunch. 3 of the interviews were analytical. The first focused on how to investigate a declining user base trend, the second was about how to test and increase monetization for a particular feature and the third was a market sizing case. The other two interviews were behavioral and also focused on my interest in gaming.

Interview Question – You've taken your entire engineering team and focused them on a single product feature that will take 1 month and as a result your daily cadence of releases (which help drive daily average users and new installs) will stop completely. Marketing has agreed to help by funneling additional marketing budget to your product to boost daily installs. Two weeks into the project you're D7 retention begins to slowly, but steadily decline. Why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate and any PM candidate can definitely go through a negotiation phase. As in all negotiations, the best leverage is a strong counter offer you can fall back on.

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at Zynga

Interview Details – Had an phone interview with a woman, just normal HR question. What's you biggest challenge, how do you solve it, some tech question like what's the different between java and c++, different between linkedlist and array. fairly simple but somehow I got panic because its my first interview, my question missed some important detail.
Told me they will get back to me in 5~10 days, but havent heard anything from them. I'm guessing I scrud that up.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in July 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was very pleasant, but that situation probably has changed now as the company was at the very height of its prosperity when I joined, and since then has changed dramatically.

The hardest part was once the Zynga recruiter contacted me, I just had to stay on him with lots of continued contact to keep him pushing the process forward.

I learned that having a company recruiter contact you is the 2nd best way to get employed somewhere (having a personal contact working there is the 1st).

Interview Question – None really. Most was straight forward. The company seems to enjoy those who have a variety of skills rather than mastery of just one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I initially asked for a lot more than what my previous job paid, but they met me more in the middle, but as a bonus gave shares of stock... which at the time seemed like a good deal with a lot of potential... I wouldn't take stock at this point.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Software Engineer New Grad
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Applied online and through Campus Recruitment.
The Oncampus interview was awesome. The guy was friendly, asked me in detail about my courses, expectations. Why Zynga, what I could contribute. Languages I know and how the shift form IT to Comp Sci had been.
Went ahead to a 2nd tech round phone interview, where a scary sounding person who wouldnt budge from his weird questions took the interview. Asked me to write code and then read it back to him. Very inefficient process which did not work well for either of us.

Interview Question – How do you think google finishes its search for you, as in how are prompts or suggestions generated.   Answer Question

Producer (New Grad) Interview

Producer (New Grad)

Interviewed at Zynga

Interview Details – I had a initial phone interview asking about my qualifications. Afterward, an in-person interview was scheduled on the Zynga campus. The interview took I believe 4 hours from 10am-2pm. They provided lunch in between. Each interview was about half an hour, and someone with your same position talked to you off the record during lunch. Some interviews were more like a conversation, while others asks a lot of situational questions.

Interview Question – What would you do if you cannot meet a deadline?   Answer Question