Zynga

181 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Interviewed at Zynga

Interview Details – Had an phone interview with a woman, just normal HR question. What's you biggest challenge, how do you solve it, some tech question like what's the different between java and c++, different between linkedlist and array. fairly simple but somehow I got panic because its my first interview, my question missed some important detail.
Told me they will get back to me in 5~10 days, but havent heard anything from them. I'm guessing I scrud that up.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in July 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was very pleasant, but that situation probably has changed now as the company was at the very height of its prosperity when I joined, and since then has changed dramatically.

The hardest part was once the Zynga recruiter contacted me, I just had to stay on him with lots of continued contact to keep him pushing the process forward.

I learned that having a company recruiter contact you is the 2nd best way to get employed somewhere (having a personal contact working there is the 1st).

Interview Question – None really. Most was straight forward. The company seems to enjoy those who have a variety of skills rather than mastery of just one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I initially asked for a lot more than what my previous job paid, but they met me more in the middle, but as a bonus gave shares of stock... which at the time seemed like a good deal with a lot of potential... I wouldn't take stock at this point.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Applied online and through Campus Recruitment.
The Oncampus interview was awesome. The guy was friendly, asked me in detail about my courses, expectations. Why Zynga, what I could contribute. Languages I know and how the shift form IT to Comp Sci had been.
Went ahead to a 2nd tech round phone interview, where a scary sounding person who wouldnt budge from his weird questions took the interview. Asked me to write code and then read it back to him. Very inefficient process which did not work well for either of us.

Interview Question – How do you think google finishes its search for you, as in how are prompts or suggestions generated.   Answer Question

Producer (New Grad) Interview

Interviewed at Zynga

Interview Details – I had a initial phone interview asking about my qualifications. Afterward, an in-person interview was scheduled on the Zynga campus. The interview took I believe 4 hours from 10am-2pm. They provided lunch in between. Each interview was about half an hour, and someone with your same position talked to you off the record during lunch. Some interviews were more like a conversation, while others asks a lot of situational questions.

Interview Question – What would you do if you cannot meet a deadline?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Phone interview ,Asked about my background, then shared a screen to write a program. Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.

Interview Question – Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.   View Answers (2)

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through a business school career site posting. Recruiter contacted me and we were able to set up a call. I happened to be in SF the week of the call, so when that went well Zynga very quickly scheduled me to come and interview at HQ two days later. The company got back to me two weeks later to say no.

The interview questions were largely geared toward consulting case questions, which is symptomatic of why Zynga is where it is.

Interview Question – (Interviewer draws a graph on the white board) imagine this is your daily active users. What could be responsible for these changes?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Started off with an on campus interview at my university - 1 coding question and asked about projects. Was called for another phone interview which had to be rescheduled thrice as the interviewer did not show up each time. So when it finally happened, asked another coding question on a shared editor and some basic HR questions. Got the results in a few days and was flown to an onsite interview at SF. Everything was quite smooth from there, had 4 interviews - 2 with technical developers,1 with a manager and 1 with HR. Questions asked were quite standard - data structures, link-lists, hash tables, language specific and differences.

Interview Question – Not really. All the questions asked were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Zynga in March 2012.

Interview Details – For the initial screening call, you'll want to emphasize your interest in gaming and show some familiarity with Zynga games (I'd pick a mobile game and a web game like Farmville 2). Notably, they typically ask if you have any ideas for new features and how you would implement them, and they look to see that you have a basic understanding of which engagement metrics to look at when evaluating the success of games (DAU, MAU, retention etc.).

Interview Question – How would you test the success of the feature you discussed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was an internship, standard package

Director Interview

Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zynga in July 2009.

Interview Details – Mostly by phone and some face to face interviews

Interview Question – Nothing really outstanding to mention here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not great, the recruiter I worked with was not very experienced

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zynga in November 2012.

Interview Details – Started off with a campus 1 on 1 interview. They then asked me to come on site to meet with engineers on the team. There were 4 interviews, with tests ranging from simple bit manipulation to big-O analysis. Overall average difficulty.

Interview Question – Design a class to handle hashing.   Answer Question