Zynga Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Met with four staff members of various departments. Mostly behavior interview style questions and challenges about what I could deliver.

Interview Questions

• Please tell about a time you had a difficult interaction with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted over LinkedIn by the recruiter. It started on a good note; the email from the recruiter reflected that he has read my profile and not just sent an email out by reading my job title (that is similar to the position). There was phone interview that provided details about the expectations from that position and also evaluated my high level skills for the position. I flew out to their SFO office for a set of in person interviews. Overall the process was smoothly conducted and the recruiter was prompt in providing feedback on the result.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can discuss your thoughts on the offer and they were open to discussion.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Applied online and then went to Zynga's booth at a job fair on-campus. When I walked up, the recruiter remembered my name from online and said that she wanted to interview me, so we quickly scheduled one. I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral such as "Why Zynga", "Where would you want to work in Zynga", "What is your favorite Game?", and more similar to that. There were a few simple technical questions like "what is a hash table?" and "what is a list comprehension in python?".

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably "What is a hash table?", not because the question was hard, but trying to describe what it was to someone who clearly had no technical coding background was pretty tough.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zynga in September 2013.

Interview

First round phone screen: An interviewer asked me what I would propose to improve their business. I would say "Ask yourself." I am not applying for the position to "save" your business. I felt that they were really trying to find a solution to problems that they face these days. This is not a position for someone who tries to set a foot in the industry, but for someone who worked for online dat business for a long time and need a job. Zynga, please do not try to solve your problem by hiring talents, but figure it out by yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me exactly how you did your research at your previous job   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zynga in August 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then a second phone interview with another analyst. I had some SQL experience, but my SQL was just not at the level they wanted. If you're applying for this KNOW YOUR SQL.

The interview with the analyst consisted of standard questions about my current position and my background, and then when we got to the SQL portion he had me rate my skill out of 10. After that he started asking me to verbally say SQL queries for different things. From basic select to some calculation/math type queries. These were the ones where I realized my SQL knowledge just wasn't where they wanted it.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact question, but it had to do with calculating the percentage of paid users in a game using 2 separate tables in sql.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Had an phone interview with a woman, just normal HR question. What's you biggest challenge, how do you solve it, some tech question like what's the different between java and c++, different between linkedlist and array. fairly simple but somehow I got panic because its my first interview, my question missed some important detail.
    Told me they will get back to me in 5~10 days, but havent heard anything from them. I'm guessing I scrud that up.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zynga (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online and through Campus Recruitment.
    The Oncampus interview was awesome. The guy was friendly, asked me in detail about my courses, expectations. Why Zynga, what I could contribute. Languages I know and how the shift form IT to Comp Sci had been.
    Went ahead to a 2nd tech round phone interview, where a scary sounding person who wouldnt budge from his weird questions took the interview. Asked me to write code and then read it back to him. Very inefficient process which did not work well for either of us.

Interview Questions

• How do you think google finishes its search for you, as in how are prompts or suggestions generated.   Answer Question

Interview

I had a initial phone interview asking about my qualifications. Afterward, an in-person interview was scheduled on the Zynga campus. The interview took I believe 4 hours from 10am-2pm. They provided lunch in between. Each interview was about half an hour, and someone with your same position talked to you off the record during lunch. Some interviews were more like a conversation, while others asks a lot of situational questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Phone interview ,Asked about my background, then shared a screen to write a program. Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.   3 Answers

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Started off with an on campus interview at my university - 1 coding question and asked about projects. Was called for another phone interview which had to be rescheduled thrice as the interviewer did not show up each time. So when it finally happened, asked another coding question on a shared editor and some basic HR questions. Got the results in a few days and was flown to an onsite interview at SF. Everything was quite smooth from there, had 4 interviews - 2 with technical developers,1 with a manager and 1 with HR. Questions asked were quite standard - data structures, link-lists, hash tables, language specific and differences.

Interview Questions

• Not really. All the questions asked were pretty standard.   Answer Question