Zynga Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zynga.

I had one phone interview followed by a fly-out interview with about seven people that lasted all day. The phone interview consisted of a series of questions about CS fundamentals -- but no programming questions -- followed by a brain teaser and a few behavioral questions.

The in-person interview was obviously more rigorous, but being confident in the fundamentals and studying Programming Interviews Exposed was more than enough to prepare. Three of the interviews consisted of programming questions; one had a design/architecture focus; one centered on explaining CS concepts; and the others were largely behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that implements division without dividing or multiplying.   View Answers (2)
    The offer I received was better than I was expecting, so I didn't negotiate. When I mentioned that I was considering an offer from another company, though, I was asked if there was anything they could do that would convince me to go with them.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zynga.

First round, simple programming questions
    Some basic HR questions
    He asked me to Improve the code which I had written

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zynga in March 2013.

Asked me some simple behavioral questions (why do you want to work for Zynga etc). He also asked some very simple technical questions such as differences between C and Java, differences between a linked list and an array.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Zynga in March 2013.

4 interviews each related to different parts of their technology stack

Software Engineer Interview

First round was on campus, 30 minutes with some general questions. Made to the second round, called by 3 interviewers in a roll, questions including system design, basic knowledge of your favourite language and the projects I did inside and outside class. Got the feedback a week after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zynga.

I submitted my resume on school career website, and then pre-selected to an interview. It lasted around 30 minute, but without technical questions. Most questions are about your resume, your past experience, like "what is the most difficult project you have ever met?".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a team project you have participated. What are you responsible for in this project?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Zynga.

After an info session at my school, I submitted a resume. They quickly got back to me that I had an on campus interview. I interviewed a couple weeks later with the same person from the info session. He seemed to think I met the criteria they were looking for. A few days later I received an e-mail that said I had been selected for an on-site interview in San Francisco. The HR people were nice, and I waited about a month to go.

Once I arrived, there was a lot to do. 5 interviews back to back. Nothing very interesting was discussed, and I was expected to have a strong passion for their games. The questions in the first 3 interviews were typical of what I expected, but the 4th interviewer had something to prove. He had a laptop with more than a dozen technical questions. I didn't appreciate this very much as I'd already been plagued with 3 hour long interviews as well as a 30 minute pre-interview with my HR representative for the day.

Afterwards was an interview to place me, but I had lost interest after having lunch with a not-very-enthusiastic person. Most people seemed to love Zynga because it wasn't a very demanding environment. I was looking for something a little more technical in terms of the overall product.

Interview Questions
    • What's 2^10. This guy had tons of questions that he expected quick answers to. None of your answers are good enough for him.   View Answer
    • You have a deck of cards and randomly draw two cards at a time. If you get 2 blacks, black gets a point. If you have 2 reds, red gets a point. If you have red and black, neither get a point. What is the percentage chance that both score the same.   View Answer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zynga.

I submit my resume in the university career website, then got an on campus interview. He told me that they're a very practical company, and ask me some question of why I applied for Zynga. Then the technical question.

Interview Questions
    • Only one question, design a job machine class which can have various kinds of jobs executed.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in February 2013.

Haven't received an offer yet, as still the process is going on. So selected "No" for the offer option here.

Had applied through on-campus recruiting and got an email to schedule an interview. Was a basic HR interview with questions regarding my resume and projects I have done in the past and also on what I've been working on. Also, some basic managerial questions regarding how I manage stuff.

Following were some of the questions:
    - Why Zynga?
    - Explaining some specific projects.
    - What was the most difficult challenge you faced in a project?
    - Given an ongoing project code base, how would you start with it?
    - What would be your focus for the future?
    - Situation: Given 3-4 days for you to convert a specification to be launched onto one of the games, how would you go with it?

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zynga in February 2013.

Got a 30 min phone non-technical interview. All questions are about behavior. How can you add a feature to a game in one week? How do you continue a project in a large code base?