Zynga

188 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Phone interview ,Asked about my background, then shared a screen to write a program. Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.

Interview Question – Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.   View Answers (2)

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through a business school career site posting. Recruiter contacted me and we were able to set up a call. I happened to be in SF the week of the call, so when that went well Zynga very quickly scheduled me to come and interview at HQ two days later. The company got back to me two weeks later to say no.

The interview questions were largely geared toward consulting case questions, which is symptomatic of why Zynga is where it is.

Interview Question – (Interviewer draws a graph on the white board) imagine this is your daily active users. What could be responsible for these changes?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Started off with an on campus interview at my university - 1 coding question and asked about projects. Was called for another phone interview which had to be rescheduled thrice as the interviewer did not show up each time. So when it finally happened, asked another coding question on a shared editor and some basic HR questions. Got the results in a few days and was flown to an onsite interview at SF. Everything was quite smooth from there, had 4 interviews - 2 with technical developers,1 with a manager and 1 with HR. Questions asked were quite standard - data structures, link-lists, hash tables, language specific and differences.

Interview Question – Not really. All the questions asked were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Zynga in March 2012.

Interview Details – For the initial screening call, you'll want to emphasize your interest in gaming and show some familiarity with Zynga games (I'd pick a mobile game and a web game like Farmville 2). Notably, they typically ask if you have any ideas for new features and how you would implement them, and they look to see that you have a basic understanding of which engagement metrics to look at when evaluating the success of games (DAU, MAU, retention etc.).

Interview Question – How would you test the success of the feature you discussed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was an internship, standard package

Director Interview

Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zynga in July 2009.

Interview Details – Mostly by phone and some face to face interviews

Interview Question – Nothing really outstanding to mention here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not great, the recruiter I worked with was not very experienced

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zynga in November 2012.

Interview Details – Started off with a campus 1 on 1 interview. They then asked me to come on site to meet with engineers on the team. There were 4 interviews, with tests ranging from simple bit manipulation to big-O analysis. Overall average difficulty.

Interview Question – Design a class to handle hashing.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview followed by a fly-out interview with about seven people that lasted all day. The phone interview consisted of a series of questions about CS fundamentals -- but no programming questions -- followed by a brain teaser and a few behavioral questions.

The in-person interview was obviously more rigorous, but being confident in the fundamentals and studying Programming Interviews Exposed was more than enough to prepare. Three of the interviews consisted of programming questions; one had a design/architecture focus; one centered on explaining CS concepts; and the others were largely behavioral.

Interview Question – Write a function that implements division without dividing or multiplying.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – The offer I received was better than I was expecting, so I didn't negotiate. When I mentioned that I was considering an offer from another company, though, I was asked if there was anything they could do that would convince me to go with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in March 2013.

Interview Details – Asked me some simple behavioral questions (why do you want to work for Zynga etc). He also asked some very simple technical questions such as differences between C and Java, differences between a linked list and an array.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer New Grad

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – First round, simple programming questions
Some basic HR questions
He asked me to Improve the code which I had written

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zynga in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got a 30 min phone non-technical interview. All questions are about behavior. How can you add a feature to a game in one week? How do you continue a project in a large code base?

Interview Question – How do you continue a project in a large code base?   Answer Question