Zynga Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014

3.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in March 2014.

Fast interview process. Nice people. From the time the recruiter called to the time I was interviewing in person was 2 weeks. They are very sure about what they know so do not challenge their thoughts or comments even if they are wrong. This might be true for any interview but especially here. I don't think they like disagreements or differing views. You must always support your views with "proof" which makes it difficult working outside of data and stats and really getting creative and out of the box.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult. The only thing you have to remember is that they really want you to be playing their games before you go there. You MUST be a big fan of their games. They will ask you about your levels, collections, etc.   Answer Question

Work/life balance was poor. Looked like everyone was always stressed out. People looked paranoid.

Other Interview Reviews for Zynga

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in February 2014.

Applied online and had two rounds of interview over the phone. The first one was with HR person which asked just regular question. Second one was with a director which asked narrow and specific questions about my background and asked me a few practical questions and real situations and was testing me.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zynga.

Multiple rounds including case interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why is xyz feature priced appropriately? How would you price it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zynga.

Job interview process is driven by the recuiters or via in house referrals. Referrals clearly get a higher priority. Usually, there are two rounds of phone screens followed by one day of on-site interview. On-site interview involves a day of technical interview with ~5 individuals. You will be tested on your analytical ability, creativity, problem solving skills, leadership, project management skills.

Interview Questions
    • FB Channel knowledge
      Mobile growth channels
      Monetization deconstruct of free to play games
      Game design understanding/questions
      Internet space experimentation techniques
      Data investigation driven case study
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zynga.

It helps to be metrics driven and specific with your answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in January 2013.

Applied through a business school career site posting. Recruiter contacted me and we were able to set up a call. I happened to be in SF the week of the call, so when that went well Zynga very quickly scheduled me to come and interview at HQ two days later. The company got back to me two weeks later to say no.

The interview questions were largely geared toward consulting case questions, which is symptomatic of why Zynga is where it is.

Interview Questions
    • (Interviewer draws a graph on the white board) imagine this is your daily active users. What could be responsible for these changes?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zynga.

Found out about the job through on-campus recruiting

Interview Questions
    Still in the process of negotiating.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in October 2012.

Initial phone interviews went well, very professional. In person interviews were a total mixed bag. I was left by myself for long periods of time (30 minutes sometimes). Worst experience was when one of the video interviewers decided to sit at the back of his conference room and munch on a bag of Doritos, crinkly noises and all. Not even sure why there was a video interview portion.

Interview Questions
    • Questions exceedingly specific to their field. Not really surprising, but making it a little more general wouldn't have hurt.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zynga in September 2012.

My resume was forwarded to the HR by an employee. From then on it was smooth ride until day of the interview. However, HR was not very professional as we scheduled 2:30 pm for our call and she did not call me at all. After 3:00 pm I reached out to her and she said she mistakenly add my call at 3:15 pm.

Interview Questions
    • It was regular interview. She asked about what changes would you make to Zynga products and what metric would you use for customer engagement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in May 2012.

Talk about mixed messages. I was contacted out of the blue by a recruiter about the position. After some email exchange we set up a time to chat and had a really interesting conversation about the position. I was told I was being sent to the next round and we set up a time to talk with a team member on the phone. That time came and went. I emailed the recruiter asking to reschedule. That time came and went. I emailed a third time and got no response from the recruiter. I emailed a fourth time and still no response.