Zynga

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zynga in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in late Apr 2012. Initial contact made by email, then had a brief phone interview with the on-site recruiter, then an in-person interview with three team members (the VP, the Director of Engineering and the aforementioned on-site recruiter). Followed up with thank you emails and calls, job offer came in mid to late May. Was offered position as a "temp" or contract worker with a "promise" for FTE status in the future. Started job first week of June, 2012.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Followed up with thank you emails and calls, job offer came in mid to late May. Was offered position as a "temp" or contract worker with a "promise" for FTE status in the future. Started job first week of June 2012. Converted to FTE in Sept 2012.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Since I had a friend inside, they fast-tracked my application and I got a brief skype interview with a recruiter. A week after I got a on-site interview (had to wait since I was out of the country). I interviewed with a lot of the leads, but unfortunately a couple couldn't make it, so I had to come in again for a 2nd round of interviews. A week after I received an offer.

Interview Question – There were a bit of technical questions, including bit manipulation, string manipulation, and class design. The best resource IMHO is Programming Interviews Exposed.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in March 2011.

Interview Details – Standard stuff. prelim screening, then on-site - 4-5 1hr interviews.

You gotta be good at interviews. Wrote a hashtable implementation on the board (can you code).

Solved a few distributed systems problems - bank of webservers, tiers of caching, dealing with connection fan-in, etc (do you understand systems and networks, not just FOR loops).

Few other questions - interviewers were pretty good at it. I learned a few things to use in my own interviews.

Interview Questions

• Huge bank of servers is pounding data layer with connections. What do we do?   View Answer
  • Implement a Hashtable. Chaining / Linear-probing, hash stuff. etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate. They hooked me up - serious efforts were taken to double my stock grant when I didn't even know what was on the line. Negotiate with what? No one else would pay me that much.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zynga interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zynga employees and interview candidates.