Zynga

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through the careers page. Got an email from a recruiter after a couple of days and set up a phone call with the recruiter. The questions were mostly behavioral and some of them were technical(whats the difference between array and linked list, etc).

After this interview, I got a call back from the recruiter after a couple days to set up the technical interviews. I had three back to back technical interviews in the span of 2-2.5 hrs.

The first interview was focused on my resume and there were some technical trivia questions.

The second interview was a coding round. Just brush up on data structures and algorithms and you should be fine.

The third interview was a design round. The interviewer gave me a bunch of scenarios and asked me to design an system and an algorithm (ex- how do you implement the portals in the portal game)

I got a call back from the recruiter after a couple of days saying they're willing to extend an offer.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The offer was super competitive and the perks are amazing.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Stanford, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Zynga in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through university recruiting and was contacted a couple weeks after for an on-campus review

Interview Question – Given an number n, return the nth number of the Fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Applied through Jobvite and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after. We arranged to speak through a phone call the following week.

Interview Question – Why did you pick the university you are currently attending?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zynga in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got a Zynga recruiting ad on Facebook, so I applied as a joke. My cover letter was completely bs, so when I actually got an email for an interview, I was quite surprised.

It was a screening with mostly behavioral questions. There were some minor technical questions that can easy be answered. I told the recruiter that I had outstanding offers and deadlines soon and wasn't really interested in Zynga.

Some behavioral questions:
What's a challenge you've encountered? How did you solve it? Looking back, what would you have changed?
What would you do if you were given a spec that needed to be completed in a week.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Applied online and then went to Zynga's booth at a job fair on-campus. When I walked up, the recruiter remembered my name from online and said that she wanted to interview me, so we quickly scheduled one. I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral such as "Why Zynga", "Where would you want to work in Zynga", "What is your favorite Game?", and more similar to that. There were a few simple technical questions like "what is a hash table?" and "what is a list comprehension in python?".

Interview Question – The most difficult question was probably "What is a hash table?", not because the question was hard, but trying to describe what it was to someone who clearly had no technical coding background was pretty tough.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zynga in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got a 30 min phone non-technical interview. All questions are about behavior. How can you add a feature to a game in one week? How do you continue a project in a large code base?

Interview Question – How do you continue a project in a large code base?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in February 2013.

Interview Details – Haven't received an offer yet, as still the process is going on. So selected "No" for the offer option here.

Had applied through on-campus recruiting and got an email to schedule an interview. Was a basic HR interview with questions regarding my resume and projects I have done in the past and also on what I've been working on. Also, some basic managerial questions regarding how I manage stuff.

Following were some of the questions:
- Why Zynga?
- Explaining some specific projects.
- What was the most difficult challenge you faced in a project?
- Given an ongoing project code base, how would you start with it?
- What would be your focus for the future?
- Situation: Given 3-4 days for you to convert a specification to be launched onto one of the games, how would you go with it?

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on school career website, and then pre-selected to an interview. It lasted around 30 minute, but without technical questions. Most questions are about your resume, your past experience, like "what is the most difficult project you have ever met?".

Interview Question – Describe a team project you have participated. What are you responsible for in this project?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zynga in October 2012.

Interview Details – A friend of mine put in my resume for me, and I was instantly hooked up with an interview. They waited to come to my school for a job fair, so that I could be interviewed in person. The person who interviewed me had no technical background, yet she was asking technical behavioral questions, so I never got any feedback on what I was doing right or wrong.

Interview Question – If you were put into a situation, where you had to decipher a large, undocumented code base without any help, how would you do so?   Answer Question

Intern Software Engineer Interview

Intern Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – The recruiter initially reached out to me via e-mail; I then formally applied. Began with a phone interview, which covered my experience and education. I was asked basic questions about the web (HTTP Protocol, etc). The recruiter shared information about the company culture and the SF Area. Did not proceed after the phone screening.

Interview Question – Brain Teaser   Answer Question

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!