Zynga

Average Difficulty
52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in October 2013.

Interview Details – The in-person interview was easy, they didn't ask any technical questions, but only quizzed on experience and skills. That was followed by 3 phone interviews (same day), in which they asked a lot of technical questions, focusing on data structures especially, and computer management. There were no coding questions, but they did ask how would you implement something.

Interview Question – How would you design Words with Friends? What Data structure?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in November 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted the in-house recruiter, who a week later was laid off. A few days later, they reached out, scheduled the on-site, found a team suitable for my skills, I interviewed a few more people at Zynga.

Interview Question – Data structures were key, as was the ability to mind meld with how the computer will execute specific pieces of code. "What is the memory necessary for this iterative block of code?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted a significant equity position in exchange for a more normal cost-of-living area adjustment from a lower-cost area of the country.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – got a interview on campus. Two interviewers: one HR, one technical person. At first the HR
asked some general behavioral questions about the resume. Then there is one technical question asked by the technical guy.

Interview Question – Asked the basic coding thing about one question in different languages.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Zynga

Interview Details – The recruiter sent me email. We arranged a phone talk. Then followed a tech phone interview. Then I was invited an onsite interview.

Interview Question – No hard questions. Just basic questions. But you need to write it right very fast.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got an e-mail from recruiter. Told me three guys are going to interview me back to back on the phone.

Interview Question – Pseudo Number Generator for a card game   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Zynga in March 2013.

Interview Details – 4 interviews each related to different parts of their technology stack

Interview Question – How do you open a website without a browser?   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and on site full day of interviews

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Zynga.

Interview Details – Phone interview ,Asked about my background, then shared a screen to write a program. Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.

Interview Question – Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.   View Answers (2)

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zynga in March 2013.

Interview Details – Asked me some simple behavioral questions (why do you want to work for Zynga etc). He also asked some very simple technical questions such as differences between C and Java, differences between a linked list and an array.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zynga in March 2011.

Interview Details – Non-Technical phone interview, followed by a full day of onsite interviews.

Interview Question – I did not encounter anything surprisingly difficult. Int terms of interviewing standards Zynga is pretty middle of the pack. There are much harder interviews in the Bay Area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got an initial offer, followed by a 2 week period to accept/decline/re-negotiate terms. Salary /stock/bonus negotiation was a single round.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!