Zynga

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zynga.

phone call and the in person interview during the interview there was some linked list and binary tree and data structure stuff asked and it was fairly straight forward and later on go to meet the team

Other Interview Reviews for Zynga

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zynga.

Met a representative from Zynga at an infosession and gave my resume. Zynga scheduled an interview with me a few weeks after. Had one 30-minute interview. Spent the first half going over resume, and the second half was a couple of technical questions (one definition one and one coding one).

Interview Questions
    • As long as you know your data structures well (especially linked lists), you should be fine for the technical questions. Nothing excessively complicated was asked -- as long as you have the basics down, you should be fine. Interviewer provided helpful hints if stuck.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zynga.

Elaborate interview process. They asked me about different question from the same Crack the Coding interview book. Which almost every interviewer uses.

Not very innovative questions, but companies are looking for clarity of thought rather than skills these days.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult question. Engineers impressed with a variety of skills.   Answer Question

Other goals.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zynga.

got a interview on campus. Two interviewers: one HR, one technical person. At first the HR
    asked some general behavioral questions about the resume. Then there is one technical question asked by the technical guy.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the basic coding thing about one question in different languages.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zynga in October 2013.

The interview process was difficult. I applied on campus, after which I got an on-campus interview. The interview was simple overall; they didn't ask any technical questions, but asked me about my experiences and went over my resume. This was followed by a phone interview, which was completely technical. The interview was in 3 rounds, followed one after another, with different interviewers. All questions were technical, followed by discussion about my projects and things on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What data structure would you use to design a scrabble game?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The recruiter sent me email. We arranged a phone talk. Then followed a tech phone interview. Then I was invited an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Just basic questions. But you need to write it right very fast.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zynga.

Phone interview ,Asked about my background, then shared a screen to write a program. Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate the angle between a minute and hour hands in a clock.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zynga in March 2013.

Asked me some simple behavioral questions (why do you want to work for Zynga etc). He also asked some very simple technical questions such as differences between C and Java, differences between a linked list and an array.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Zynga in March 2013.

4 interviews each related to different parts of their technology stack

Software Engineer Interview

First round was on campus, 30 minutes with some general questions. Made to the second round, called by 3 interviewers in a roll, questions including system design, basic knowledge of your favourite language and the projects I did inside and outside class. Got the feedback a week after the interview.